Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just ordered a new Tiguan 2.0L 150 in white, with keyless entry, electric tailgate and area view. Delivery date given by the supplier is late July early August, although this has not been confirmed by VW, in fact the car is not yet scheduled to be made, so realistically I think September is more likely.
This is to replace my Nissan Qashqai 1.5L dci. I was contemplating a Nissan X-Trail, but waited to see what the new Tiguan looked like before making a decision.
I must admit that when I first saw the new Tiguan, I was somewhat disappointed, but upon seeing the R Line I knew that was the one for me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so they say and to me the R Line looks a totally different vehicle than the other Tiguan models.
This will be my first VW, so I hope the build quality and reliability is all that the brand profess to be.
I look forward to reading all the blogs of lucky Tiguan owners and will update the forum with my thoughts and experiences when I finally get my hands on the car.
Oldjdub.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello
Just thought I'd post a reply as I too ordered a new R Line a week before you. I was told to expect an estimate of 12 to 16 weeks for delivery so as you say a realistic date is sometime in September. I agree that the latest R line does look like a different car compared to the other Tiguan models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take delivery 1st September 10.00am. Can't wait now. Nice touch by VW to keep me informed on each stage of the build and delivery and a great touch by the dealer, (Peter Cooper, Portsmouth) who sent me a short video of the vehicle when it was delivered to them.
I even had a cheeky trip to their compound and had a snoop around it and a sit inside.
Hoping delivery day is dry, as I have the clay cloth, Pourboys polish and Colonite wax at the ready.
Impatient or what?
Oldjdub.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Don't forget to post some pics Oldjdub ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts