Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My car has arrived. Never thought I would consider it, but I have the vehicle on 2 year personal lease. The deal was too good to ignore.

I absolutely love the car. Having test drove an R-Line trim, I was extremely happy when I first got in the SE Nav trim vehicle. I actually hadn't been in one before in the version I was buying. VW historically have a 'dull' interior but I am more than happy!

I was really put off the SEL due to the panoramic sunroof. Also, the 18 inch alloys on the SE Nav are much nicer against the Pure White colour than the 19" 'upgrade' alloys on the SEL.

Are there many personal lease owners on here??

Who knows, in future I may opt for the 240 version :D

Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi PWVWT2017,

Got identical SE Nav on PCH as well :D.
Pulled the trigger on one of the end of Q3 2016 lease deals for stock car. Car delivered after 20 days from signing all paperwork with broker and VWFS. Got even box with two bottles of wine from the dealer :roll:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've signed up to a 3 year lease deal through my workplace.
Got a really good deal, and I will save about £125 a month as it all gets paid before tax and NI.

That is, when the flipping thing shows up. 😊

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another white lease car here!
First lease, first suv. Never thought I'd be doing either tbh!

No SEL as don't like glass roof nor 19" alloys.
Compromised on spec to get a short delivery, wanted heated steering wheel, but none available.

Similar story, other than no wine..... :(
And mean employers so pay my lease out of paye, after-tax. :( :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks unbelievable in white... absolutely love it. The 18" alloys much nicer than the 19" ones in my opinion and totally agree on the sunroof.

I am jealous about the wine!

Did any of you go with the maintenance option? What are your opinions on it?

I have been told the service is due at 20,000/2 years. This surprised me greatly. They further confirmed by telling me to check the service indicator which shows just this!!

Surely, there are oil changes too interim?

I chose against the maintenance contract as it worked out to be £680 over two years. This seemed high to me bearing in mind the following:

- the above service schedule. My deal is 10k miles per year.
- very unlikely to need any tyres from what i have read. 2WD, rather than 4WD.

Let me know your thoughts anway....

Cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds to me like you probably did the right thing re not having the maintenance package.

I have 3 yrs 45k miles lease, and tbh as it's leased if VW didn't require a service in 45k miles then it wouldn't be done. However, I will follow their Requirements to the letter!
If VW don't require that oil change you are throwing away money, perhaps £150? And the added inconvenience of another trip to the stealers?
Mine will also go back before any MOT.

On the other hand, as a Chartered Engineer, it really goes against the grain for me, and the 20k service interval (from new!!!) Is utter bollox!

My own GTi gets an oil change every 5 - 6k miles, as well as an annual service, which in itself exceeds VW requirements. For example VW say that the fuel filter doesn't need changing...ever... Ridiculous! Similarly I change plugs at 15k miles, whereas the recommendation s 50k.
The car has done 120k miles and wants for nothing. Consequently it drives like new.

Horses for courses!

I tested an "r line" and that styling pack doesn't interest me.
The 19" wheels degrade the ride, although some think them "cooler".
Imho the road surfaces in UK are bad enough nowadays, without me adding to my misery by specifying a less compliant ride in an SUV.
The GTi has 18" 245 x 40 series tyres, uprated suspension, anti roll bars and is polybushed... That's about handling, not ride comfort. Ask my wife!

Again, horses for...but 19" rims on suv are not for me thanks.
Perhaps it's ok with the active suspension system? I wasn't able to try that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Grey Eddy

You keep going on about the 19" wheels, but did you not check the spec/brochure
The Rline is 20" Suzuka wheels

Hope your happy with your SE

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ooops, sorry my bad!

Didn't check the brochure after I had driven the r demonstrator.
19 on SEL?
R line- 20" it must be then?

Hope you enjoy your lovely big wheels, and sorry for underselling them :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the 20's were not very comfortable.

I just couldn't justify the price difference on the lease to be honest just for the trim and no change to the engine.

I think if I go for a 240BHP version in future it would have to be R-Line... but otherwise no.

That's just me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts