Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New member here, have had an 170 R line DSG Silver since 2014 and love it but trading in for the latest R line 190 DSG in Tungsten Silver, leather seats, area view with park assist, keyless entry boot and start plus Dynadio Excite sound system.

Should be with dealer by 1st march, keep looking at the tracker to see when it gets built.

My current Tig has running boards that I got from 4x4 direct but struggling to find some for the new car. Not available as an accessory from dealer but noticed when I do a google search Tigs with German number plates come up in images.

Are the running boards only available in Germany?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi Timbo, I myself wanted the chrome 80mm bar side steps, which Cobra have done in the past for the older Toureg & Tiguan. I contacted Cobra in Germany who came back and said they were in the process of sizing up for the new Tig and to contact one of there distributors in the UK one being 'Auto Styling Truckman' in Dudley West Midlands. I placed an order with them at the beginning of October and paid (approx £480) via card. I got the Tig in early October and waited & waited for delivery for the side-steps....after numerous phone calls & e-mails promising they would be with me in 3 days...they had still not delivered the end of November, so I pulled the plug and cancelled my order. To be fair to 'Auto Styling Truckman' I think they were let down badly by Cobra of Germany and AST refunded me within 10 days. So at the moment I have put it on hold now as there is another firm in Germany who do the running boards which 'Essay' or 'Salmonfisher' informed me in an earlier post on this forum some weeks back. (and I must say look good) I must admit I also did not realise at the time how much work and cutting away the protectors underneath it involved till I saw a demo on youtube

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Timbo said:
Those Bragan ones are a good price........ about time VW brought out some more accessories ie running boards for the new Tig :|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts