Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just picked up my new Tiguan R-line today and really pleased with it, however when driving it home there was a high wind noise within the cockpit (drivers side window area) around 70mph! Check window was closed fully but noise persisted. Has anyone experienced this issue?
I have changed from an Audi Q3 which appears far quitter compared to the Tiguan and this speed.
Model is the 2.0 diesel(150) 2WD manual in Atlantic Blue which (after much worry and searching images on the net) is fantastic !

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Unfortunately in many independent road tests of the new Tiguan- wind noise at speed around the door mirrors had been noted.
I personally don't find it a problem, but like you, others might.
Welcome to the forum, by the way!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did look at a road test on youtube and wind noise was mentioned but I've not noticed any on mine, I'm really impressed with everything about the car and I've just come out of a 3 series .

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is some wind noise from the mirrors when travelling at motorway speeds (which here in NZ is 100km/h) but truth be told I find the cabin to be as quiet if not more quiet than the CC I traded in on the Tig.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same here, there is noise, and at 70mph I can hear a bit on the mirrors but my last car was a skoda yeti which was far louder - it was like driving with the windows open when they weren't! the tig is lovely and quiet to me, especially under 70

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys.
Same problem for me. The dealer told me that the factory is sending two soft pads that were not installed (!) to be placed behind the front fenders. Not sure if this is the case but these are due to arrive in two weeks and I will let you know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys.
I got my car about a week ago. Even at low speeds I get a windy noise on the front doors.
I saw that other owners had the same issue, but did anyone had it fixed?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Paulbk said:
Hi just picked up my new Tiguan R-line today and really pleased with it, however when driving it home there was a high wind noise within the cockpit (drivers side window area) around 70mph! Check window was closed fully but noise persisted. Has anyone experienced this issue?
I have changed from an Audi Q3 which appears far quitter compared to the Tiguan and this speed.
Model is the 2.0 diesel(150) 2WD manual in Atlantic Blue which (after much worry and searching images on the net) is fantastic !
I take it you didn't bother with a test drive?
I test drove an Rline which had incredible road noise, presumably due to the wider tyres fitted, later test drove a SEL which was much quieter, but then it made the wing mirror noise noticeable, SEL was acceptable so I ordered one. All comparisons made against my Mazda CX-5.

Q3 is quieter but more expensive and has the silly perched on the dash top screen, one reason why I didn't want another CX-5. And its too small.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Stelios said:
Hi guys.
I got my car about a week ago. Even at low speeds I get a windy noise on the front doors.
Merged topic as your asking the same question and it will be easier to answer and ask questions in one place. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, we recently purchased an R Line Tiguan which we love but it has a bad wind noise on the drivers side window, worse around 40-60km. Have had a new door fitted, problem still there. Am over it really. What solutions have others been offered?

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Some have fitted 'deflectors' on the windows. Have a search for 'wind deflectors'.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
where you say wind noise are you sure its not the door mirrors and you hear it more on the drivers side as your sat closer to that mirror.

One of the down sides to having larger mirrors is an increase in wind noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JK-VWTiguanR said:
Stelios said:
Hi guys.
Merged topic as your asking the same question and it will be easier to answer and ask questions in one place. ;)
I got my Tiguan end of November. Two days later I drove in a highway and I noticed serious wind noise from the driver's door at speeds above 100km/h. After almost a week tests (workshop and road) my VW Dealer just told me that the origin of the noise was at the small window (triangle) of the driver's door (initially they thought it was the mirror). They are working on it. Let's hope ...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Our SEL is very quiet - until we open the sunroof

·
Registered
600 Posts
hi, there is wind noise around the mirrors, the Tiguan is noted for not being as refined a s the Volvo or Audi, a bit gruff on the diesels as well. however personally I like the car a grat deal. had it for a year, nearly, all good. :)

ps I had a A4 :shock: ,

·
Registered
936 Posts
I drove our GTI Golf yesterday for the first time in some months and I am always astounded at how much more quite it is that the Tiguan at the same speed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Get this too but it's been mentioned in a few reviews so It was expected. I mostly drive with the music on so it's no biggy.

Whether these things are a problem is really down to personal preference and opinion as the Tig is thought of a reasonably quiet car, although from my point of view the road noise is noticeably more than my previous 15 plate Mondeo. Again, just my own opinion and not a real issue.

·
Registered
202 Posts
:roll: Mine is one of the quietest vehicle I driven! Unless I am going DEAF! :roll:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts