Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, I have just ordered one - on condition of test drive (they are going to let me take one out for a few hours next week). I am having trouble finding any meaningful information on them. Like, what is the real range of electric, what is the performance in all 3 modes, how much energy do I get back through regen braking etc.
Oh, and the lead time on this R-Line Hybrid is 40+ weeks - they wont even provide a confirmed date

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered in November and was given a 36 week delivery with a (fair enough) warning that it could, probably would, be longer. I'm not that bothered about delivery although I'd like to think it will be a 22 plate. The dealer told me he had tried all electric a few times and definitely got more than 30 miles. It obviously depends on the type of driving. Looking into this myself it seems EV range estimates must be based on combination of driving modes and speeds, including a percentage of motorway. If like me (and the dealer) you don't do that much motorway driving, you could reasonably expect to get a bit more than the quoted 30 miles. The car does regen when you go down hills etc. but I couldn't say by how much? The dash just showed the usage going from neg to positive.

I liked the car very much. It is light, responsive and just very pleasant to drive. I have a 150 diesel currently which has suited me perfectly but it's time to move on. Day to day for me is mainly rural back roads and country lanes where you don't get much above 30 mph. That should be perfect for EV driving. At least 3 days a week I do less than 30 miles and the others I am in and out so could charge in between. Doing 30 miles on EV is considerably cheaper than 30 miles on petrol.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you can in fact achieve 30 miles that is. Cold weather, or even hot weather, will affect the range quite considerably.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My feeling is it's going to be the same as petrol/diesel mpg. Huge variation between vehicles, conditions and drivers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe there is a good chance your order will be delivered sooner than the latest estimation. It seems they resumed building the eHybrid while at the same time new orders are stoped across all models fitted with this powertrain. Provided they do not get into another supply bottleneck their order fulfillment rate will go up significantly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe there is a good chance your order will be delivered sooner than the latest estimation. It seems they resumed building the eHybrid while at the same time new orders are stoped across all models fitted with this powertrain. Provided they do not get into another supply bottleneck their order fulfillment rate will go up significantly.
How do you know this my friend?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Offcourse this is just my interpretation based on the information I have. The build rate of eHybrids went south in December, January, February to such extent that there were long time intervals when none were build. I know this from following the delivery rate and registrations in my country. I also know because my company was asked by VW to stop delivering a key component for the hybrid powertrain. They were justifying this by 0 (zero) stock of other components. Since some weeks now we started delivering again this part. This coincided with multiple reports of people getting their car built or getting new estimations with "confirmed production" status. So if, and this is a big if, they manage to stay out of trouble with components supply they will grind quite nice through the huge backlog of eHybrids. I might be an incurable optimist, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Offcourse this is just my interpretation based on the information I have. The build rate of eHybrids went south in December, January, February to such extent that there were long time intervals when none were build. I know this from following the delivery rate and registrations in my country. I also know because my company was asked by VW to stop delivering a key component for the hybrid powertrain. They were justifying this by 0 (zero) stock of other components. Since some weeks now we started delivering again this part. This coincided with multiple reports of people getting their car built or getting new estimations with "confirmed production" status. So if, and this is a big if, they manage to stay out of trouble with components supply they will grind quite nice through the huge backlog of eHybrids. I might be an incurable optimist, though.
Well, let's hope that this is the case!
Ordered my eHybrid R-line in September 2021 and the expected delivery week is 32 (for now). But the expected delivery week have fluctuated at lot over the last 4 weeks from Week 28 up to 36 and back to 32. With no further pro-active communications from VW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my e-hybrid R-line on the 31st October 2021 and was told it would take 26 weeks. Didn't hear anything from dealer till 27th March 2022 when received text that the car was in planning for production. Then another text on Friday, 29th April 2022, saying car was still at Status 10. Recevied voicemail today from new sales person saying that the car is still scheduled for production for week 45 this year so w/c 7th November 2022.Today was the first time that i've actually been told the planned production week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my e-hybrid R-line on the 31st October 2021 and was told it would take 26 weeks. Didn't hear anything from dealer till 27th March 2022 when received text that the car was in planning for production. Then another text on Friday, 29th April 2022, saying car was still at Status 10. Recevied voicemail today from new sales person saying that the car is still scheduled for production for week 45 this year so w/c 7th November 2022.Today was the first time that i've actually been told the planned production week.
There must be some serious issues with car builds at the moment, my mates ordered a hybrid audi with the same engine and seems like he is in the same boat as the hybrid Tiguan.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The hybrid seems to be in affected worse than some other types, presumably because the hybrid requires more cable connectivity and more chips. In my case I also have the pano roof, IQ lights and rear view camera which I have read are three of the items in shortest supply. My original estimate in November was 36 weeks - which would have been around mid-end of June. Given all the production stoppages I'm reckoning on November/December at the mo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So just seen this add go up from VW dealership in Dundee. 71 plate R-line Hybrid with 82 miles, think it's been sat in the showroom most of it's life. Their price £41,185, which is some mark up as if you put the registration into WBAC they are only offering £33k. They also stated on the advert beat the 60 week wait.

·
Registered
755 Posts
So just seen this add go up from VW dealership in Dundee. 71 plate R-line Hybrid with 82 miles, think it's been sat in the showroom most of it's life. Their price £41,185, which is some mark up as if you put the registration into WBAC they are only offering £33k. They also stated on the advert beat the 60 week wait.
Someone will probably pay it - more fool them.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts