Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
So just seen this add go up from VW dealership in Dundee. 71 plate R-line Hybrid with 82 miles, think it's been sat in the showroom most of it's life. Their price £41,185, which is some mark up as if you put the registration into WBAC they are only offering £33k. They also stated on the advert beat the 60 week wait.
The cheapest OTR list price is £40,075. So the £41,185 price isn’t so wild, it might even have an option or two.

The thing with WBAC is they are assuming they are buying a car second hand from a private individual so they will have excluded the first year VED and VAT for a start.

The basic list price excluding all taxes, delivery charges etc is £32,821, which lines up with what WBAC think.

Thing Is those taxes and VAT have to be paid by the buyer, it’s not like this car is second hand and someone has already paid them and taken the hit.

The real piss takes are when you see a one year old car with 8,000 miles on the clock with a ticket price of just £2k less than new OTR. In that case the purchase VAT, first year VED and delivery charges have already been paid. There should be a small amount of VAT (determined by the difference the dealer paid and what they sell for).

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Range and mpg is poor, being a heavier model. ‘From what I’ve read’ makes little sense to me. Personally think it’s still ICE or fully electric. Nothing fully electric is, available, is nice enough, practical enough or reasonably priced. I think electric is over hyped and not the saviour to our environmental worries.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Range and mpg is poor, being a heavier model. ‘From what I’ve read’ makes little sense to me. Personally think it’s still ICE or fully electric. Nothing fully electric is, available, is nice enough, practical enough or reasonably priced. I think electric is over hyped and not the saviour to our environmental worries.
I think given the choice between a 190ps car or the 245ps one I would be choosing the latter.

In fact I have ordered a Sportage hybrid with 4wd that provides 230ps...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Range and mpg is poor, being a heavier model.
Do you have a reference for that? Real drivers are reporting averages in excess of 100mpg and they post their computer readouts so they're not BS..ing. One posted in the last week 139mpg. Another said recently he is on 3500km and has filled the tank four times. His main concern is not running the engine sufficiently. Of course it depends on the type of driving. I have seen people - on this forum actually - slagging off the hybrid (even though he doesn't own one!) because he drives 200+ miles a day. Hmmn, yes, buying a hybrid might not be the most intelligent option then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have a reference for that? Real drivers are reporting averages in excess of 100mpg and they post their computer readouts so they're not BS..ing. One posted in the last week 139mpg. Another said recently he is on 3500km and has filled the tank four times. His main concern is not running the engine sufficiently. Of course it depends on the type of driving. I have seen people - on this forum actually - slagging off the hybrid (even though he doesn't own one!) because he drives 200+ miles a day. Hmmn, yes, buying a hybrid might not be the most intelligent option then.
The journeys i’ll be doing in mine will be perfect for it. Work in 4 locations - 1 is 10 miles away, 2-3 times a week, one is 60 miles away up the M1 one day a week, one is 50 miles up the M1 and thats once every couple of weeks and another 60 miles away down M42 once every couple of weeks. Rest of the time i’ll be travelling 20 miles to see family, shopping and kid collecting.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There is one looming issue with the hybrid; The EU recently changed the tax regime for hybrids so that the minimum autonomous range to qualify for EU tax subsidies will be increased to 60km. This will come in some time during 2023. The Tiguan has a range of approx 48km so it won't qualify when the rule changes. From 2025 the minimum range increases further to 80km. Neither issue is a concern to me except VW may make changes before I get delivery, which will be who knows when?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this an EU change or a German change ? As far as I know there was never uniform regulation across the EU regarding this. Therefore each country had its own rules.
Going back to Germany they are going back and forth about keeping it as it is or removing all incentives for PHEVs all together. Not sure what is the status right now but when they were proposing to raise the EV range limit to 60 km there was a "or less than 50 g/km" and the Tiguan is below that.

Reactions: Dog Mum and CUK

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am currently in the Passat gte whilst waiting for my Tiguan and I can confirm on a journey of 120 miles driving at motorway and A1 speeds limiting half battery out and the other half back, this has knocked out 89miles per gallon, if I had used the whole battery per leg I am sure it would have been over 100mpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
There must be some serious issues with car builds at the moment, my mates ordered a hybrid audi with the same engine and seems like he is in the same boat as the hybrid Tiguan.
I believe the Tiguan wiring looms come from Ukraine, so with the current situation there, things ain’t going to get a lot better any time soon !

21 - 33 of 33 Posts