Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new on here and after some advice please.
I have ordered a new Tiguan R.
When I went on the test drive I was told that the boot floor is dropped and is below the level of the boot and cannot be altered to make it level with the boot entrance.
I may at some point want to put a dog cage in the boot so wanted to check whether this is correct , I.e. can it be made higher.
Any help much appreciated 馃檹 馃憤
Ian

Registered
As standard the car does not come with a spare tyre, the boot is just a carpet lined recess. However, if you order the 'space-saver' spare wheel you get an adjustable boot floor that
can be set to be level with the loading lip or slightly lower - but you will have to pay extra for that (around 拢235 from memory).

Update! Oops, I see yours is an 'R' rather than an 'R-Line' (wow!) so that may be different - in fact I do not see the spare available in the R options list so I think you may not have the opportunity to get the boot floor. Perhaps an R owner can jump in with more specific advice....

Registered
Hi all,

When I went on the test drive I was told that the boot floor is dropped and is below the level of the boot and cannot be altered to make it level with the boot entrance.
I may at some point want to put a dog cage in the boot so wanted to check whether this is correct , I.e. can it be made higher.
Ian
I have a Tiguan R and the boot as standard is a softer carpet like layer,if you added the Harman Kardon option(which I did) then you get a firm adjustable boot floor which is level with the boot entrance.

Registered
Hi all,

Ian
Heres a pic of the 2 boot variations, top is with HK and height adjustable and bottom pic is without HK
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Blue
Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting Blue

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mark, yes it's the R.
There didn't appear to be a spare wheel option.

Thanks
Ian
I have a Tiguan R and the boot as standard is a softer carpet like layer,if you added the Harmon Kardon option(which I did) then you get a firm adjustable boot floor which is level with the boot entrance.
Oh right , that's great. Thanks very much 馃憤

Registered
I don't think you can order the Harmon Kardon option at the moment but you may be able to order the Cargo Package for Harmon Kardon which includes the adjustable boot floor. It is shown as available on the Configurator but as there isn't a price it might not be available anymore. Best to ask the dealer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looking. Am I right in thinking you have to have the Panoramic sunroof with the HK option.
The company who I gave ordered it with said there is an indefinite wait if I want it with the pan sunroof so was not going to bother.
Thanks
Ian

Registered
Just looking. Am I right in thinking you have to have the Panoramic sunroof with the HK option.
The company who I gave ordered it with said there is an indefinite wait if I want it with the pan sunroof so was not going to bother.
Thanks
Ian
When I was configuring my car the HK option was available on it's own and i certainly never had to take the pan roof to get HK although i took both options anyway.
Only options I'm aware that come together as a must are climate windscreen and wireless charging.

Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG

Registered
As standard the car does not come with a spare tyre, the boot is just a carpet lined recess. However, if you order the 'space-saver' spare wheel you get an adjustable boot floor that
can be set to be level with the loading lip or slightly lower - but you will have to pay extra for that (around 拢235 from memory).

Update! Oops, I see yours is an 'R' rather than an 'R-Line' (wow!) so that may be different - in fact I do not see the spare available in the R options list so I think you may not have the opportunity to get the boot floor. Perhaps an R owner can jump in with more specific advice....
The reason there is no space saver option on R is that it dosn't fit over the front brake calipers. There is a post on here somewhere by someone who found one that did though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts