Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a Tiguan R-line and loving it so far.

Just one question for the time being...steering wheel heats up even though the heated steering wheel option is off.

Am I missing something?

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just took delivery of a Tiguan R-line and loving it so far.

Just one question for the time being...steering wheel heats up even though the heated steering wheel option is off.

Am I missing something?

View attachment 9467
Does the display actually say heated steering off or are you looking at the three dots?
If the buttons cycle through the same way as on the Elegance (different steering wheel buttons) I’d say you could be misreading the display. I first thought they were showing off when it was on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You make a valid point. I may be misreading it but when I cycle the option, it switches to on, then off...therefore assuming it was off to begin with?

Attached pic is only one I have of the steering wheel at this hour.

Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Car White

·
Registered
540 Posts
You make a valid point. I may be misreading it but when I cycle the option, it switches to on, then off...therefore assuming it was off to begin with?

Attached pic is only one I have of the steering wheel at this hour.

View attachment 9469
The heater has three heat settings, if it's off and you press the button it goes to full on, press again and it goes to mid setting, press yet again and it goes to low setting, then press one more time to go to off. At least that's how mine works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The heater has three heat settings, if it's off and you press the button it goes to full on, press again and it goes to mid setting, press yet again and it goes to low setting, then press one more time to go to off. At least that's how mine works.
🤦‍♂️ explains a lot. Thank you for clarifying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm getting used to both heater slider controls and learning to live with steering wheel controls ( why did VW go this way) but regularly catch steering wheel heat switch...

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts
I'm getting used to both heater slider controls and learning to live with steering wheel controls ( why did VW go this way) but regularly catch steering wheel heat switch...
Yeah the heated wheel is the only mis-press I have. Got used to the rest of it and not a real problem, just 'different'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts