Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed there's a new pricelist as of 1 April available from VW website. Interesting to see if there are any changes (aside from price rises) in the specs. I'll have a comb through and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A cursory glance shows no differences aside from the basic list prices increased by between 100 - 300 ish. Couldn't even spot a price difference on any of the options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Had a quick look at mine and basic car has increased by £55 to £37060. No increase on my options so car still comes in under £40k list which means I don't get hit by new VED that comes into effect today.
Still waiting( have been since Nov 2016) but at least now have confirmed build date of W/C 10/04/17
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Basic list price hasn't changed - the changes are only in relation to the On The Road additional element - which was expected with the changes in the road tax.

This has therefore had the knock on effect to the Total OTR Price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
How strange - they introduced a new book for 1 April - it must have been a joke, as there is now another new price list and spec book out dated 4 April.

This time there are slight changes (other than the TOTAL OTR prices already mentioned) above are:

In the newer spec it now only states:

IN-CAR ENTERTAINMENT
AND COMMUNICATIONS

- USB connection, USB charging socket
(compatible products only) and Aux-in
Whereas before it mentioned 2 x USB connection.

and it also now states:

INTERIOR
12V socket in luggage compartment
Whereas this wasn't mentioned before - but I believe everyone has one in their new cars anyway.

Finally, the only other addition I found was in the optional section:

Heated front climate windscreen
Wireless electrically conductive layer in glass laminate. Accelerates defrosting and prevents fogging.
Must be ordered in conjunction with wireless smartphone charger
and yes - I was sad enough to go through comparing all the spec with my December copy. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
I had a heated screen in a Morgan and they are very good but beware once you notice the wires you always see 'em. Ok if it doesnt bother you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Bhuna said:
IN-CAR ENTERTAINMENT
AND COMMUNICATIONS

- USB connection, USB charging socket
(compatible products only) and Aux-in
Whereas before it mentioned 2 x USB connection.

I challenged VW on this as false advertising and they offered me a full refund on my vehicle. They claimed it was an error in the media they used. :?: The standard answer is speak to the dealer...Although, I like my Tiguan there are a few things that bug me...will be going back to BMW after this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Beagler said:
I had a heated screen in a Morgan and they are very good but beware once you notice the wires you always see 'em. Ok if it doesnt bother you.
I know what you mean as my Mondeo has these, and in some lights they draw your focus (off the road).

I think the previous Tiguan heated windscreen had wires, but the current one has a complete transparent conductive layer, so no wires.

As an aside, I was told that the reason for forcing the bundle to include the Wireless Charger was to do with the new windscreen blocking phone signals, and the charger add-on having a signal enhancer. Made sense when VW told me, but sounds like bollocks now. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Breezer said:
Beagler said:
I had a heated screen in a Morgan and they are very good but beware once you notice the wires you always see 'em. Ok if it doesnt bother you.
I know what you mean as my Mondeo has these, and in some lights they draw your focus (off the road).

I think the previous Tiguan heated windscreen had wires, but the current one has a complete transparent conductive layer, so no wires.

As an aside, I was told that the reason for forcing the bundle to include the Wireless Charger was to do with the new windscreen blocking phone signals, and the charger add-on having a signal enhancer. Made sense when VW told me, but sounds like bollocks now. :lol:
"No wires". Good to know tech has moved on. Better than a blown air demist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Have had "wired" front screen since my '97 Scorpio and it has never bothered me... However the new thin film heated screen is not good - it's weak and expensive and requires the additional phone pack so aux. heating was the option to for me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I can't be doing with the Ford wired screens as I tend to focus on the mesh than see "through" the glass but I know plenty of people that don't have a problem with it.

I was going to add the conductive heated screen on mine but the stupid tie-in with the "necessary" phone charger made it £600, instead of a more palatable £300 or so.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top