Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking for a bit if advice as I am just about to place an order for a replacement company car and would like some feedback on whether to go for DCC or HUD?
I have already decided on the following spec but the budget will just stretch to one or other of the DCC or HUD:

Manufacturer: VW
Model: Tiguan SEL
Engine: SEL 2.0 TDi 150PS 2WD BlueMotion-Tech
Gear Box: 6spd-Man
Colour: Atlantic Blue
Interior: Black 'Lounge' cloth
Option Extra: Winter Pack - heated front and rear seats
Park assist with rear view camera
Dynaudio 'Excite' Soundpack
Keyless entry/keyless start and full electric tailgate operation

Let me know what you think and hit me with your feedback ;)
Cheers

·
Registered
151 Posts
Badger
I tried a demonstrator with HUD and didn't like it as I found it intrusive especially as it has its own screen unlike other makes. The SEL has active info display as standard which I find great and to some extent makes HUD less useful although I know others love it. just personally I couldn't get on with it.
I did go for DCC and like it but don't use it on a day to day basis so not absolutely sure I would specify it again. I find the comfort setting too soft and wallowing so never use it. I leave it in normal most of the time for both local journeys and motorways. However I do like sport on twisting country roads where I can push on as it definitely improves suspension and response. This is probably only 10% of my driving which is why I am doubtful I would specify again unless I was going to do more of this type of driving. If I lived somewhere like Wales or Scotland I definitely would - but the Home Counties?
My choice of an extra would be 4wD every time as so much more surefooted.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Unfortunately I could not have DCC on my R-line, but if I were you I would definitely opt for DCC. I don't personally think the HUD is as good as from other manufacturers. Having read lots of posts on Golf forum too - I would say drivers with DCC are very happy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - I did look at 4WD but the BIC tax was a killer so hence the 2WD choice.
As all I am doing is sitting on A roads and M'ways all the time I'm now wondering if I should bother with either and go for something else instead?
Or just save the money and have a curry every month ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you are on 17" or 18" wheels and as you say on A roads and motorways most of the time, then you may not need DCC either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have hud and it's definitely worth the money, especially if u use the sat nav and the acc. It's fully adjustable and not so intrusive

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Pestos said:
I have hud and it's definitely worth the money, especially if u use the sat nav and the acc. It's fully adjustable and not so intrusive
Totally agree with Pestos. I wasn't sure about the HUD to start with, but the amount of info you can put on it means only a casual glance down now and again, and for most of the time I can keep my eyes firmly on the road ahead.
It's a bit like buying your first microwave, you think why would I want that, but now you wouldn't be without it :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
I personally find the HUD very useful on autobahn journeys, it allows you to keep your eyes on the road amongst the fast moving traffic and have the important information in your field of view.
Have you thought about going DSG instead of manual?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Think I have some thinking to do tonight as have to place my order tomorrow. I am thinking as I have the active info display do I need the HUD as well but some of you guys are saying it's useful. Also you seem spilt on the DCC so I guess it's down to me 👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best to try out yourself. I actually specced the HUD later in addition after I test-drove a Tig with one. I kind of a felt that it had it's own good purpose and was good enough.
For sure it'd be fancier to have it projected to windscreen but I believe the cost would be also respectively higher (look at the Audi or BMW option) so I believe it's worth the money.

·
Registered
220 Posts
'Badger' please let us know what you have opted for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Decided against the DCC as 90% of my driving is motorway and A road. Still not entirely sure if I need the HUD with the Active Info Display so may yet not bother and save the money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Decided to save a bit for the curry and settled on the following:

Manufacturer: VW
Model: Tiguan SEL
Engine: SEL 2.0 TDi 150PS 2WD BlueMotion-Tech
Gear Box: 6spd-Man
Colour: Atlantic Blue
Interior: Black 'Lounge' cloth
Option Extra: Winter Pack - heated front and rear seats
Park assist with rear view camera
Dynaudio 'Excite' Soundpack
Keyless entry/keyless start and full electric tailgate operation
Heated steering wheel

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great specification. Please keep us posted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts