Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just thought I'd say hi and look forward to using the forum.

Ordered a Pearl Black 1.4 SE last week using CARWOW. Not sure on dates yet but advised 12 weeks. Not in a massive rush tbh as need to sell my current car privately but am excited. It's my first SUV so a bit different from my current BMW convertible, but sense and practically has prevailed and a family car was needed!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi coolerking,

Welcome to the forum!
You won't be disappointed with the Tig.
Although most people here seem to have ordered R-Lines and SELs, but SE still is packed with features you hardly find in similar price-band cars.

I've got SE Nav but actually found out VW Satnav to be pretty useless. It has some sort of 2.5D view, weird way of entering post code, traffic is very inaccurate and delayed (even with the Car-Net updates), maps are updated twice a year and so on.
So I tend to use Google Maps via Android Auto for navigation and it works a treat. Therefore SE (without Nav) seems to be sensible option giving you almost £1000 of saving you can spend on more useful extras.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did consider the NAV model but don't do many miles, certainly not enough to warrant the extra money! I use google maps at the moment for any new journeys I've not done before. Can you link that up to the in car display then? I have an android phone

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Can't believe in 2017 there is a specific "Nav" version of the car that costs a clear £700 more than the SE. Most people have FREE satnavs on their phones which are excellent, and standalone satnavs can be had for about £60 so if the 8" touch screen is there it should be standard on ALL models these days - it really isn't an expensive technology anymore!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Cooler

Welcome :) I've ordered a 1.4 SE as well. Main reason I didn't go for the NAV was due to the fact I use my iPhone for maps, and as the SE has car net-app connect as standard. The Navigation didn't make sense to me. Like SlimPollack said, you get all the same features and allows extra ££ for any extras. Hope your wait isn't too long! :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi 'coolerking' ......welcome aboard :) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers guys.

I've downloaded the tracking app which just says 'with the factory' so no idea yet on dates!

12 weeks seems to be about right according to the forum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
coolerking said:
cheers guys.

I've downloaded the tracking app which just says 'with the factory' so no idea yet on dates!

12 weeks seems to be about right according to the forum.
Hi cooler king,

I also have the 1.4 SE but with Nav which is ok but I got used to the Sat Nav in my previous car which was a Seat Leon which was basically the same but with a much smaller screen, I was also quoted 12 weeks but it turned out to be about 9/10 weeks but I think it depends on what options you specify.

I only opted for metallic paint as it's a lease car and the SE has quite a lot of standard equipment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only gone for metallic (black) and winter pack. Everything else I would want seems to come on the SE spec anyway!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,

I have just taken a personal lease delivery of an SE Nav, as I am fed up of the mobile getting boiling hot and the battery getting depleted. Using the car to charge the phone during navigation also cocks up the battery I find and reduces its life.

I agree - the SE is packed full of goodies.

Saved a fortune going for an SE Nav compared to an R-Line - monthly payment wise. I test drove an R-Line, but was more than happy seeing the interior to an SE Nav for the first time on collection.

I cannot believe anyone would pay for the automatic tailgate either - there really is no need IMO.

I was intent on avoiding the panoramic sunroof also.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
PWVWT2017 said:
Hi,

I have just taken a personal lease delivery of an SE Nav, as I am fed up of the mobile getting boiling hot and the battery getting depleted. Using the car to charge the phone during navigation also cocks up the battery I find and reduces its life.

I agree - the SE is packed full of goodies.

Saved a fortune going for an SE Nav compared to an R-Line - monthly payment wise. I test drove an R-Line, but was more than happy seeing the interior to an SE Nav for the first time on collection.

I cannot believe anyone would pay for the automatic tailgate either - there really is no need IMO.

I was intent on avoiding the panoramic sunroof also.
I take it, you are young, tall, fit & healthy then... :?: :?: :?: .... :idea: :idea: :arrow: Some people may not be so lucky, so for a small extra (at a cost) for automatic tailgate goes a long way for them ;) ;) :) :) .....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts