Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi any member got one fitted. I have been looking for reviews . It's a which Best Buy,and Amazon good reviews
Next Question Dealer Fit or Halfords ???? I can't fit it due to being not very good :oops: plus Arthritis in my hands :twisted:
Many thanks
View attachment 213

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've got the 412 model fitted by Halfords. Basically the same as the 312 but with a wifi upload option which is a bit of a waste of time TBH. Best thing about these Nextbase cameras is the simple click on mount which makes it very easy to take the camera with you when required. Great video quality when played back through a tv or computer. Overall I don't think you'll be disappointed and my local Halfords did a good job of fitting it (Plus I got a £10 voucher when buying the camera at Halfords so the fitting effectively cost me only £20).
:D

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've got the 512 due to its nightime enhanced image. Fitted it myself with the hardware kit which uses a fuse piggyback and used the 12v accessories fuse. Works a treat and picture quality is superb just what you need for when some scrot tries it on.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've got the 412gw hard wired and fitted myself, it needs to be on the right of the mirror as there's a sensor on the left of the mirror and the hardware kit was cheaper at my vw garage than at Halfords

·
Registered
953 Posts
Malcm59 said:
I've got the 412 model fitted by Halfords. Basically the same as the 312 but with a wifi upload option which is a bit of a waste of time TBH. Best thing about these Nextbase cameras is the simple click on mount which makes it very easy to take the camera with you when required. Great video quality when played back through a tv or computer. Overall I don't think you'll be disappointed and my local Halfords did a good job of fitting it (Plus I got a £10 voucher when buying the camera at Halfords so the fitting effectively cost me only £20).
:D
Has anybody tried getting the wifi though to the media car screen

·
Registered
953 Posts
The only downside to the next base is you have got to buy a SD card as it don't come with any memory

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi All,

Do you have any instructions or pictures of the Nextbase being hardwired in? Where did you get the hardwire kit?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I also bought the 412GW and fitted it myself. As has been said, Halfords do a fitting service but you must tell them not to disconnect the airbag multi plug when they remove the side panel to access the fuse box or you will need the dealer to recode it back in again as your airbag warning light will not go out.

The hardwire kit is also available from Halfords for around £15 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes I've got a 312 hard wired into my Tig. Had it done by VW dealer as I'm u/s at any sort of DIY. Bought it direct via VW dealer - it works fine (and for info it came with a memory card so didn't have to buy one).

I think I paid about £130 all in including unit & fitting. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
lt13624 said:
Hi All,

Do you have any instructions or pictures of the Nextbase being hardwired in? Where did you get the hardwire kit?
The dealer should have the hardware kit, in fact that's were I got mine from and it was cheaper than Halfords, they also do fitting

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the 312 installed at Halfords and had it fixed on the left not knowing that their is a sensor (after reading on here)!! does anyone know what it is sensing????

·
Registered
34 Posts
GGove said:
I had the 312 installed at Halfords and had it fixed on the left not knowing that their is a sensor (after reading on here)!! does anyone know what it is sensing????
I think the sensor in question is a camera on some models and it's used for lane departure and road sign recognition, it might also be for the auto dimming on the rear view mirror.
Just a guess.

·
Registered
250 Posts
GGove said:
Mine's fitted on the left. The 312 is small enough that it's pretty adjacent to the mirror without obstructing the sensor/camera there. Haven't had any problems with it there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks I have moved it over so that it is not behind mirror.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Purchased a Nextbase 512GW, and a hard wire kit. All works well other than when the ignition is switched on the 512 does not start recording automatically. Give it a gentle tap to activate the parking mode and it starts recording in protection mode then 2 mins later normal recording mode. Had it installed by a auto electrician as I could not do it by myself. Any thoughts on the ignition.
Cheers

·
Registered
244 Posts
Piperstrel said:
Hi Purchased a Nextbase 512GW, and a hard wire kit. All works well other than when the ignition is switched on the 512 does not start recording automatically. Give it a gentle tap to activate the parking mode and it starts recording in protection mode then 2 mins later normal recording mode. Had it installed by a auto electrician as I could not do it by myself. Any thoughts on the ignition.
Cheers
I'd get it checked out by the installer, as the camera should start recording immediately in conjunction with turning the ignition on and stop recording a few seconds after turning the engine off. Something not quite right there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had an earlier model of this cam - I think it was the 350G - in my Yeti, hard wired into the fuse box (rear wiper fuse) with a piggy back connector/fuse holder from eBay. Wonderful camera and software. A couple of cons, however: the suction mount would not hold in hot weather and the assembly would fall off unexpectedly which could be very distracting and potentially dangerous and, the camera and mount are rather bulky.
I have fitted a Roav by Anker in the Tig. It is much smaller and fitted to the screen with a 3M adhesive pad, i.e. once fitted, never moves. Initially, the image was not as good as the Nextbase but a recent firmware update has improved it. Well worth a look. Oh, and superb customer support too.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've got a Nextbase 412GW piggybacked of the fusebox and it starts up as soon as the ignition is turned on and closes down 10 secs after the ignition is turned off. I'd go back to the guy who fitted it for you as something isnt quite right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Got it checked out, moved the fuse to different fuse socket and all works well. Thanks for the reply

1 - 19 of 19 Posts