Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So after having the tiguan for just over 2 months i can honestly say its the nicest car i have ever owned BUT and its a big BUT (well is for me), the Rline is a nightmare to clean especially the front end, it must take me over hour to just wash the body. Anybody else find this????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I fully respect all the effort you are putting in, I'm sure it looks great after.

One suggestion I can make, for drying the car this really speeds things up.

Meguair`s ME X2000 Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel

You can find it on Amazon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm into my detailing and have tried lots of products, in fact i think i own more cleaning products than clothes haha.

its not the drying which is the problem, its all the vents on vents, grills and the rear lower section on the bumper, everything seems to go into a corner so its a nightmare to get into clean it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I fully agree far to many crooks and crannies and mines black so looks sh1 t with flies stuck all over the front and watch the dam R line badge on the front, nearly took the end of my finger off

·
Registered
66 Posts
Firstly, I have to agree the Tig RLine is by far the best car ive had (coming from Audi and BMW)
I only use smart polish pro products on my Tig RLine and it really is cleaning made easy. I do my car in about 30 mins including wheels and tryres blacked all using the products in the link. No water and waxes at the same time. Such a great finish. Will post a few pics when I next get round to cleaning it ( the weather here in Glasgow kinda restricts this)

Sean :D

https://www.smartpolishpro.com/collections/exterior/products/waterless-wash-wax

·
Registered
176 Posts
yea totally agree, literally takes twice as long to clean as the wifes tt. Never noticed my old a3 taking much longer to wash than the tt but with this it feels like I'm out there for ages

·
Registered
250 Posts
Prawn82 said:
Firstly, I have to agree the Tig RLine is by far the best car ive had (coming from Audi and BMW)
I only use smart polish pro products on my Tig RLine and it really is cleaning made easy. I do my car in about 30 mins including wheels and tryres blacked all using the products in the link. No water and waxes at the same time. Such a great finish. Will post a few pics when I next get round to cleaning it ( the weather here in Glasgow kinda restricts this)

Going to give this Smart Polish a go. Interestingly, they're based just round the corner from me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Top products. Tyre Glaze is excellent. Like I said the finish is mint amd the wax in it is superb. Lots of nice beading in the rain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my R line protected with Gtechniq Crystal Serum and topped with their EXO aqua phobic coating.

you can read up about it on here: http://gtechniq.com

I have used their products on my last car, 2014 Audi S3 Sportback and it makes a massive difference on stopping swirl marks from washing and also due to the EXO aqua phobic coating makes it much more difficult for dirt to stick to it.

as a result, a snow foam pre wash, 2 bucket washing method takes no time at all, and I dry the car after the wash too.
the snow foam pre wash and the pressure washing really does 99% of the work of cleaning it so you really don't have to spend time looking in the nooks and crannies

I had mine done from new , where my detailer had to polish the car due to marking from being sat at the dealer for 4 weeks even though it had all its protective coverings on from the factory.
it cost around £800 for the application for the Tiguan but worth every penny in my opinion. the paint is protected from scratches from washing and etching of bird droppings and so easy to clean.

there are other products on the market, but I've only had experience with gtechniq. Gyeon a Korean company also make great similar products.

I would highly recommend this type of ceramic protection to anyone who cares for their car and ill be using this or similar products for the rest of my car owning days.

one more thing before I go, its got a 7 year warranty so as long as you go for regular annual checkups to the detailer you're sorted. plus you'll never have to wax your car again!! a brilliant result, especially if you're like me and like the end result without having to do the work! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do the black lower section (SEL) and the black plastic sections with Anglewax Corona, dirt, flies etc come off no problem. I also use Anglewax detailer which beads the paintwork, dry it off with a microfibre towel, no hassle and 20 mins to do the car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Prawn82 said:

Hi Prawn82, I've ordered some of this stuff. Can I ask a question...do you find the paintwork getting scratched or is this stuff really exactly what it says on the bottle-waterless. It's taking my head a bit of getting around as I've only ever used a hose and bucket...I must admit it does worry me that the dirt/dust on the paintwork if not removed it will scratch...any input would be much appreciated, cheers, JRSTIGSEL.

·
Registered
66 Posts
JRSTIGSEL,

100% does not scratch it. The science behind it is captures the dirt and lifts it... honestly. My car is my pride and joy and wont use anything other than it. Worth ordering the microfibre clothes too. Quality.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Prawn82 said:
JRSTIGSEL,

100% does not scratch it. The science behind it is captures the dirt and lifts it... honestly. My car is my pride and joy and wont use anything other than it. Worth ordering the microfibre clothes too. Quality.
Cheers pal, you've convinced me, I generally buy plush microfibre cloths from Costco, I find they are good quality but I will take your advice and get some. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

·
Registered
555 Posts
JRSTIGSEL said:
Prawn82 said:
JRSTIGSEL,

Cheers pal, you've convinced me, I generally buy plush microfibre cloths from Costco, I find they are good quality but I will take your advice and get some. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
The Costco microfibres are as good as any out there, if it's the yellow ones you mean. Only thing to remember is to rip the little label off it before you use it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

One nice, clean and gleaming SEL, cleaned using only Smart Polish Pro - very impressed...and no water!

Thanks Prawn82 &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts