Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picked my r-line up last Tuesday and I am over the moon, however noticed last night that I haven't got any footwell lights :?

Does the r-line come with them? I've got the option on the car settings to increase brightness of them but taking a look underneath the holes and cabling is there but no light units??!? In fact the cable dangles down lol

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmmm Spikeysam, I would of thought you would of had footwell lights as I have them in my SEL. I would give your dealer a ring, as I've just looked on the configurator on the R-Line and it says I quote 'Ambient lighting' in the footwell as 'standard'

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thats worrying when he says wiring is dangling and holes but no lights

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ok got an R line ambient lighting in both footwells also when opening the door you should have the bottom of the door lighting up the outside pavement area. So check you have those as well?? Cables hanging :shock:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok when I mean hanging it's just a wire popping out of the hole where the light unit would sit. Will be going to the dealer and asking for them to be fitted then. I've got lights underneath the mirrors but haven't checked underneath the door.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Spikeysam said:
Ok when I mean hanging it's just a wire popping out of the hole where the light unit would sit. Will be going to the dealer and asking for them to be fitted then. I've got lights underneath the mirrors but haven't checked underneath the door.
Surprised as the VW factory electrical system test should have identified this omission!.......and then there's the safety net of the dealer PDI who didn't pick this up either! :roll: :shock:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The only lights I have on my SEL for outside lighting is puddle lights which shine the pavement area from the door mirrors & coming home & leaving lights from the front ...... haven't noticed any lights from the bottom of the door :eek:

·
Registered
182 Posts
stumpy said:
The only lights I have on my SEL for outside lighting is puddle lights which shine the pavement area from the door mirrors & coming home & leaving lights from the front ...... haven't noticed any lights from the bottom of the door :eek:
I thinks what's been referred to is the thin strip of light along the edge of the sill protectors that's revealed when you open the door.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry had a Doh moment there, yes door sill :roll: plus the mirror one :lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
Sorry had a Doh moment there, yes door sill :roll: plus the mirror one :lol:
I'll get my lad to educate you 'FTT' when you see him ;) :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
:lol: yes he will need to :lol: hope to see him Monday 11ish with a bit of luck cheers Stumpy

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
:lol: yes he will need to :lol: hope to see him Monday 11ish with a bit of luck cheers Stumpy
OK mate :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi - I think I'm being stupid! Where is the control for the ambient lighting - can't find it anywhere on my SEL!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Try this on the infotainment system 'Car/setup/lights/interior lighting'

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ummmm weird Essjay.... go to the place you said and I only see this.... I have ambient lighting... but not the option to change the btightness it seems! Is this what you see? Am I missing something!?

Font Rectangle Technology Screenshot Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Scroll it down or up.
Blue scroll bar on the right hand side of your screenshot shows you see just half of the options.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Dr Miles, sorry about that, it should be Car/Settings/Background Lighting.

Steve

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts