Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anybody else heard that the 180 TSI engine is being discontinued from the start of April? My dealer reckons it is but wanted to check this isn't just a sales tactic.

Cheers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers - was told I'd need to order in the next week before they stopped offering it as an option. Very tempted - tested the 150 diesel which wasn't bad just a lot bigger vehicle than I'm used to driving.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I wonder if it's because the tax year ends next week and he wants to hurry you into a sale?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking that - good choice of spec there - that's what I'm considering. Going to try the VW online chat thing in the morning.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hopefully you'll get a price with the end of the tax year coming up. Don't forget to go armed with Carwow and Coast2Coast quotes for him to match or beat

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They were a bit off the best deal i've found online and well under the WBAC quote for the part ex.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After checking with VW it's just the manual 180 tsi engine that won't be available. Gives me more time to consider the purchase.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Phew, you had me worried for a while there :D ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
midtig said:
...and well under the WBAC quote for the part ex.
Don't be under any illusions that WBAC won't knock large lumps off of their on-line quote once their appointed location inspects your vehicle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd heard they like to do that. Main dealer part ex quotes on mine differed by 1k! Lots of maths to juggle around lol

·
Registered
342 Posts
WBAC = chocolate teapot for the best part.
Almost never offer what they quote. They usually nit pick the crap out of the car when they see it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Chas said:
midtig said:
Don't be under any illusions that WBAC won't knock large lumps off of their on-line quote once their appointed location inspects your vehicle.
I used Evans Halshaw when looking at selling my car, they beat WBAC by over £1K, online quote was very good, made an appointment at the nearest Evans Halshaw and received about £100.00 less than the online quote which was still very good. Their documentation process however is a bit iffy when agreeing to sell your car, I didn't get any official paperwork just the DVLA print out saying that Evans Halshaw had bought my car, I just took a photo of the paperwork on my phone just to cover myself. It was a bit disconcerting handing over the car which they were giving me over £12K for but all was ok and the money was transferred to my Bank Account within the 4 working days they quote.

I tried Tootle where they advertise your car and then get dealers to bid for it, there is no cost to you but nobody was able to match Evans Halshaw's price so went with them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Real shame if the 180TSI manual is going. Only reason I didn't go for it when I ordered is that it wasn't available then and kicked myself I hadn't waited and now it's going. Love my 190 TDI DSG but a petrol woukd suit manual better.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
salmonfisher said:
Real shame if the 180TSI manual is going. Only reason I didn't go for it when I ordered is that it wasn't available then and kicked myself I hadn't waited and now it's going. Love my 190 TDI DSG but a petrol woukd suit manual better.
I find the DSG a perfect match for the petrol 180, I'd be interested to know your reasoning for thinking a manual would be better. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Raymondo111 said:
Chas said:
midtig said:
I used Evans Halshaw when looking at selling my car, they beat WBAC by over £1K, online quote was very good, made an appointment at the nearest Evans Halshaw and received about £100.00 less than the online quote which was still very good. Their documentation process however is a bit iffy when agreeing to sell your car, I didn't get any official paperwork just the DVLA print out saying that Evans Halshaw had bought my car, I just took a photo of the paperwork on my phone just to cover myself. It was a bit disconcerting handing over the car which they were giving me over £12K for but all was ok and the money was transferred to my Bank Account within the 4 working days they quote.

I tried Tootle where they advertise your car and then get dealers to bid for it, there is no cost to you but nobody was able to match Evans Halshaw's price so went with them.
That's worth knowing I'll definitely give them a look when it's time to sell - cheers.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Also try Mike Brewer cars. They have 3 sites in England and came up with a reasonable price for my trade in. Also state they won't nitpick and pay what they offer, providing the car is as stated.

·
Registered
610 Posts
2nd that for Evens Halshaw they beat all the others and were only £25.00 short of my value and asking price :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Essjay
Glad you like the 180TSI with DSG. I have to admit I never got to try one. My dealer said better with manual and I assumed so as diesel has more torque and so less need for revs and gear changes than petrol. I thought it would be sportier and more responsive with manual as I generally think diesels are better suited to autos. However you should know. I just think it is a shame if manual is going as there isn't a manual 190TDI.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted a question on a similiar topic after hearing that the tsi would be available around autumn with a 220ps version.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts