Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No usb in my Tiguan R Line 2021, but micro usb. So now cant play music from my memory stick as its only usb, so got to buy another stick.
Is there such thing as micro usb stick and will it play my music in car ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Samsung phone and it came with an adapter from USB to USB C. That has worked for me with a HDD to connect to the car port.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Amazon sell a quite a number of memory sticks with multiple connectivity. Some of these include micro-USB.

·
Registered
76 Posts
John27 said:
Amazon sell a quite a number of memory sticks with multiple connectivity. Some of these include micro-USB.
Micro USB is legacy tech, the 2021 Tiggy has USB-C ports.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yo Quinny said:
John27 said:
Micro USB is legacy tech, the 2021 Tiggy has USB-C ports.
Sorry, I was just responding to the question raised by Boselecta34 in the first post in this thread which says micro USB. However, the answer is still that same. Amazon also supply a range of USB-C memory sticks.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,654 Posts
One extra point to remember if you buy usb to usbc adaptors is to check that they are not just power adaptors for charging and that they can also carry data. Both look similar so check the description carefully!

Steve

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
didnt notice that tbh, however i am rather disappointed in the fact you don't got rear led indicators ( not sure about lights being fully led ) does anyone know if aftermarket options are available to buy

·
Super Moderator
3,111 Posts
Gavlaaa said:
didnt notice that tbh, however i am rather disappointed in the fact you don't got rear led indicators ( not sure about lights being fully led ) does anyone know if aftermarket options are available to buy
The rear light assembly is LED on all the lighting?

·
Registered
61 Posts
JK-VWTiguanR said:
The facelift R-Line gets the basic rear clusters from the lower spec trims as standard. You only get the ones in that video if you spec IQ lights.

·
Super Moderator
3,111 Posts
Jumborat said:
JK-VWTiguanR said:
The facelift R-Line gets the basic rear clusters from the lower spec trims as standard. You only get the ones in that video if you spec IQ lights.
Says in the new brochure,

Rear Lights incorporating LED Technology.

I thought it was the dynamic sweep lights that was added for the rear lights on IQ.

IQ. Light' LED matrix headlights

All LED interactive matrix dipped and main beam headlights, daytime running lights, Including LED daytime running lights. Separate LED
lights which perform the indicator function and Dynamic curve lighting. Information from the front camera, navigation's digital map
data, GPS information, steering wheel angle and current driving speed activates specific LEDs individually for optimal lighting. Includes
specific lighting functions for: city lighting, motorway lighting, motorway dipped beam, poor weather light and sign glare reduction

·
Registered
61 Posts
No, the facelift R-Line gets the same rear clusters that were fitted to the S, SE, SE NAV and now the lower trims like the Life. Single reverse light, bulb indicators, etc.

Adding the IQ lights option gives you the same rear clusters fitted to the Elegance with their sweeping indicators and I presume a software upgrade to enable the matrix function and sweeping indicators on the headlights. Without the IQ option the front indicators only flash on and off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.