Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been browsing this forum daily for the last 6 months. I'm familiar with all you regular posters like you're my best buddies. I'm beginning to think I might need some help.
Anyone else suffering this addiction? And will it likely stop when I pick up my new 'tiggy'??
Any advice/help welcome......

Oh & a genuine thanks by the way for all those excellent & informative posts :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm beginning to check this forum too often. I checked the Golf Mk7 forum endlessly too when I was waiting for my Golf 3 years ago. Once I had the Golf I checked in less often for first couple of months, decreasing to hardly ever now.

I expect it will be the same with my Tiguan order. Daily checking the forum now, less so after first couple of months.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi JJ1 no it doesn't stop, a good bunch on hear lots of info and knowledge with the occasional banter. I thought once I had my Tig it would subside but no. :) :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply jj1. Glad I'm not alone & am reassured by your experience ( I think ). I am hoping my viewing (& bouncing in & out of my local vw dealer's) will gradually recede, if for nothing else than to save my marriage!
And Timbo?...... not good news!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I must say...I agree with 'Timbo' some great knowledgeable guys on here, and learn something new every week on this forum + good banter now & again....and far better than some of the *crap* on FB.... :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Yes, obsessed here too! Also in the Tiguan waiting room - very stressful. Currently at Emden so should ship next few days...

Must say this is one of the best forums I have used over the years. Good knowledgeable answers and little or no 'flaming' . Best thing is that the Tig seems to have few real problems.

UKGSER is another I frequent for BMW GS bikes and I'm still there after 3 years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Stumpy. I know I could wipe the floor with the guys over at our local dealer in regard to the knowledge I've acquired over the last few months browsing this forum.
Maybe that's it! A career change beckons!
I pick my car up in 1 week. Can't wait!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Matchbox said:
Yes, obsessed here too! Also in the Tiguan waiting room - very stressful. Currently at Emden so should ship next few days...

Must say this is one of the best forums I have used over the years. Good knowledgeable answers and little or no 'flaming' . Best thing is that the Tig seems to have few real problems.

UKGSER is another I frequent for BMW GS bikes and I'm still there after 3 years.
Was on UKGSer for quite a while myself, no GS but Garmin and comms info was 2nd to none. Ran into Sgt Bilco the other day having recognised the sticker on his pannier at a cafe. I now hang out on mvagusta.net.

Not going to be disappearing from here any time soon. A nice friendly community with some very helpful people. I'll have even more questions once my Tiggy arrives next week :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wow all these new tiggys arriving, there going to be common

·
Registered
63 Posts
Considering the popularity of the Golf, the ratio between newly registered Golf's vs Tiguan's in 2017 is currently just 2:1 (in Ireland). Many R-Line's are inbound, and bearing in mind the delays, the gap may begin closing which is a good sign for longevity.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Lostpigeon said:
Yes Stumpy. I know I could wipe the floor with the guys over at our local dealer in regard to the knowledge I've acquired over the last few months browsing this forum.
Maybe that's it! A career change beckons!
I pick my car up in 1 week. Can't wait!
Can't wait to see the pics 'Lostpigeon' :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: By the way :idea: :idea: :arrow: will you change your name to Lieutenant Pigeon once you've got your new Tiggy ;) :) :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good idea!
Lieutenant Pigeon & Mouldy old dough; before my time, of course!!
I will post some pics, Stumpy. If there is one criticism it is that there aren't enough in the gallery. But then, if there were more, my obsession would get truly out of hand!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Haha :lol: :lol: ... Thanks .....countdown begins ;) ;) :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Negativepitch said:
I check here all the time and I dont even own one :D
You know you want to get back in and order it again really, don't you?

You're missing the excitement despite your initial problems.

Thought about going through someone different or definitely hunting elsewhere?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bhuna said:
Negativepitch said:
I check here all the time and I dont even own one :D
You know you want to get back in and order it again really, don't you?

You're missing the excitement despite your initial problems.

Thought about going through someone different or definitely hunting elsewhere?
We havent ruled it out completely.
We are waiting until the summer to decide.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts