Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just a quick one, has anybody been off road in there tiguan yet?

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I would say that judging by the amount of posts by owners dedicated to keeping their Tigs spotlessly clean, then there aren't going to be that many dedicated 'off roaders'. :D :D

Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
I pushed the boat out and attempted a gravel track the other day, man it was scary :lol: . I was feeling confident after parking on a grass verge though.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
:idea: :idea: :arrow: ....SalmonFisher.....is the man to speak to.... think he has done more than most in his 'off road Tig' ;) ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't fancy going off road with those 20" wheels I'd be in pins.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Does winter offroading count? :roll:

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Most of the roads that are under the control of my own wonderful local highways authority are as good as going off road !
My Son had a hire car in Tirana last year and he reckoned they had better surfaces out there than large parts of the UK !

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Malcm59 said:
Most of the roads that are under the control of my own wonderful local highways authority are as good as going off road !
Same here Malc :D

Steve

·
Registered
244 Posts
Essjay said:
Malcm59 said:
Same here Malc :D

Steve
Got to say that the Tiguan handles the rubbish surfaces very well even with sports suspension :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
As mentioned above I have been very impressed off road. I have a 190tdi SEL with outdoor pack ( which does make a difference) and use it for fishing across a lot of muddy fields and it is great. Last autumn I got through where heavy machinery had turned field to muddy quagmire when other 4x4s bottomed it got stuck and had to be pulled out. It's no land rover but well up to what I need. So if you see a muddy white SEL it probably mine!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Malcm59 said:
My Son had a hire car in Tirana last year and he reckoned they had better surfaces out there than large parts of the UK !
Tirana is the capital so i guess the roads are kept nicely and would not expect the same in the rural areas. Also, if Albanian is anywhere near as Kosovo and other Balkan countries, asphalt is a nice way for politicians to steal government money and look good! So there is an extra motivation for layering shitty layers that need re-asphalting often.

·
Registered
58 Posts
SlimPollack said:
Does winter offroading count? :roll:

IMG_20170106_131930.jpg
Did you have winter tyres fitted for the snow ?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Are you mad, take my 4x4 off road and risk getting it dirty :shock: :shock: . The closest I get to off road is clipping the grass verge at caravan sites :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm very keen to try some offroading and actually bought my Tig with high profile tyres on it so I could air down for some basic off roading.

Yet to have the time to do so but would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has setup their 4Motion settings for their specific use.

·
Registered
58 Posts
SlimPollack said:
Beachbum said:
Did you have winter tyres fitted for the snow ?
Yes, I did have proper winter tyres. More here:
https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=672
I did search your previous posts but I must have missed that one.

We have an annual trip to Switzerland every year so winter tyres are an essential for me too. I've currently got a set of Kumho's on a spare set of steel wheels that I'll be selling when the winter comes (assuming I get my Tiguan before next summer...) but before the Kumho's I had a set of Vredesteins's fitted to another car. The Kumho's were average whereas the Vredesteins were excellent.

Just a question on your tyre size, I believe its not possible to fit snow chains on the Tiguan on an 18 inch tyre or greater but you had 18 inch tyres fitted. Did you still carry snow chains??

BB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts