Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is decision day tomorrow on which model do we go for as the replacement. And it has to be tomorrow otherwise we lose out.
I kid you not we spent two hours on Wednesday at my dealers trying to decide which model and colour to go for.
And then another 3!!!! hours yesterday and I mean 3 hours, looking around, sat in and out, back to our car to chat about it, then back out to sit in one then the other and walk around...never ending. I think that my dealers think we are nuts.
Then we took my twin girls with us today to have one final look.
On each of the days we have sat back in an R Line and then an SEL and back and fore, testing seats, chatting about the headliner and all sorts.
I dont know how many times we walked around each of them, the good thing was they had them both in the same colour so we could compare.
Then it was on to colours . We cant stretch to metallic paint on the R line so thats sorted, My wife and daughters like the white on the SEL, I dont, I like the tungsten silver, and theres no talking them around even though I kept banging on about it to them all around ASDA when we were shopping today.
They now want the R Line, I like the SEL, although the R Line still hits a note with me.
I honestly think it will be down to the wire tomorrow just before we go in for our appointment
I might buy a motorbike and side car instead :lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Go for the R Line..... ;) :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got to be Tungsten SEL, nice paint, you don't need an R Line with a blob of black plastic stuck on the front LOL
Another point is white will need washing every week, will show all the tar spots, i've just had 2 white Audi's and wives UP is white.
Look nice but a devil of a job to keep them looking pristine. Where as Tungsten hardly shows the road grime.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Negativepitch I can sympathise with the dilemma you have. Do you want to go for the looks with comfort or extra comfort but still a nice looking car?
The two photos say it all for me and I know which one I would pick :lol: Its all about personal preferences.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Meet "Toby Tiguan" - name chose by my better half......Tungsten Silver R line.....just 11 days old !

This is not the best picture as it may be a little dark.....but if it helps you decide I will tell you of all the colours I have seen so far this really makes the Tiguan look stunning. When the sun hits the paintwork it really looks the part and I have noticed it takes on the colours of the sky so as the sun sets and we get the pinks and purples and reds/grey the car changes colour to reflect this. Believe it or not i was stopped at the light earlier in the week and the bloke in the car wound down his window to take a pitcure and gave a big thumbs up......he was in a Q3....!!

I have other pictures - I will post with my "Tiguan" story so far.....(a fabulous car btw ) when I manage to get my phone working.

Dont worry about the 20 inh rims on the car - it really is a smooth ride.....even the cat eyes/ studs on the motorway are a distant thud/noise as you drive along

My recommendation woould be an R line as well but its horses for courses (and finances) - I sympathise with your quandry of colour and trim levels.....perhaps a compromise for you and your family will be the best option

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
welshkaiboy said:
I had the cup and keyring from Sinclairs too NP!

Well if they want a happy customer they will have to bare with you.
I had the cup and keyring, pens and a bottle of Moet champagne :D

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Terrier1964 said:
View attachment 382

Meet "Toby Tiguan" - name chose by my better half......Tungsten Silver R line.....just 11 days old !

This is not the best picture as it may be a little dark.....but if it helps you decide I will tell you of all the colours I have seen so far this really makes the Tiguan look stunning. When the sun hits the paintwork it really looks the part and I have noticed it takes on the colours of the sky so as the sun sets and we get the pinks and purples and reds/grey the car changes colour to reflect this. Believe it or not i was stopped at the light earlier in the week and the bloke in the car wound down his window to take a pitcure and gave a big thumbs up......he was in a Q3....!!

I have other pictures - I will post with my "Tiguan" story so far.....(a fabulous car btw ) when I manage to get my phone working.

Dont worry about the 20 inh rims on the car - it really is a smooth ride.....even the cat eyes/ studs on the motorway are a distant thud/noise as you drive along

My recommendation woould be an R line as well but its horses for courses (and finances) - I sympathise with your quandry of colour and trim levels.....perhaps a compromise for you and your family will be the best option
Nice one 'Yorkie' lad......been worried bout'ya lad, as you had gone quiet :roll: Looks cool :cool: mate

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
'Negative'........Go for it the 'R-Line' in Tungsten silver.......as you said on a previous thread that you will keep it for quite a few years ....so what is an extra 560 smackers over that time :arrow: :idea: at the end of the day, I think that colour will sell when you have finished with it... :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Stumpy - tyvm mate - I have posted elsewhere - but I will say here as well - this is the best car I have ever owned.....and I had a new A4 avant before this
20 inch rims do NOT affect the ride and the 4 motion makes the car stick to the road like glue - yet it glides along like a big armchair......I have had this car for 11 days now and I can honestly say I will never go back to an ordinary saloon car again

Maybe a honeymoon period over a shiny new toy but ....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts