3,542 Posts
Me toooooooo! Also 14:00.... Coincidence or what? :D
Good luck!

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sweet dreams both of you :D.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of cars which are not showroom models.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So guys!!
How was pick up and drive back?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the first part of my pick up was a nightmare. As I'd sold my outgoing car privately and didn't want to expose myself to the Dartford crossing more than I had to, I'd decided to go by train. I now remember why I dont use public transport unless I really really have to. A points failure, an extremely unhelpful tube worker, a moment of stupidity on my part and a stray moron on one of the Tubes meant the two connection journey turned into a mystery tour involving 9 trains.

Paying and taking ownership of the Tiguan was way easier than my bank account would like and the journey home was fine although lined with extra large and spikey lorries ;-)

Just finished washing and going over with a clay bar. No better way to check for problems than to wash a car :)

Pics to follow, probably tomorrow

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats...looking forward to pics

I know what you mean about public transport in UK!!

What is a clay bar? Forgive my ignorance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's exactly what it sounds like and incredibly counter intuitive :-o

It's a small block of soft clay that you warm in your hand to make it pliable, you mist the paintwork with a spray bottle then rub the paintwork lightly with the clay. It removes all sorts of debris that attach themselves to car paint. You keep turning the clay inside out to give a clean surface. It's remarkable how smooth it leaves paintwork.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Will it be parked outside or under-cover?

Big problem in Holland - virtually no garages - all on street parking - well, in the cities anyway...

So mine will be exposed to the elements - and we have a lot of them!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow....looking 'Brill' weirdfish, same colour & spec (SEL) as I have ordered......glad I went for that Indium Grey now.... :cool: Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice palm trees in the background, must be the indigenous ones to the UK :D

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
That is a mighty fine motor you have there Mr Fish. I'll try and get some piccies of mine up soon.

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Essjay - looking forward to pics - especially if you have some of interior too - have gone for the storm grey Vienna interior.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts