Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi. Mine is online now - car collected just less than 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer to confirm that my car has been built and is sitting in a dock in Germany awaiting a ship to sail on.
I happened to mention to him that I thought it would be a good idea to let people with a confirmed order have access to an online manual, in order to familiarise them with the controls etc.
Now this salesman (also Steve) has been very helpful, and he also drives a new Tiguan, and has offered to let me have the manual from his car, and he'll take my manual when mine arrives.
The beauty is that he lives in the same town as me and say's he'll even drop it round to me on the way home from work.

Now how's that for dealer service. :D

Steve

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Sure, Lancaster Volkswagen, Aylesbury. Bought my Golf mk7 GT from them as well. Highly recommended if your near to Aylesbury.

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow...what brilliant service Essjay..... above & beyond I say. Might try that myself lol ;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
True to his word my dealer turned up at my front door this evening with a brand new pristine Tiguan manual. :D

Now to set to with some serious reading. It's a bit like swatting for a school exam, and believe me it's many years since I last did that. :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Rob said:
ChrisC said:
Hi. Mine is online now - car collected just less than 3 weeks ago.
Can you download the manual in PDF form? We could then add it to this thread for the others.

Thanks!
I don't think that's possible as the online manual is formed up as a series of seperate web pages linked by an online indexing system.
I think they've been crafty and done it that way purely to combat anyone trying to download it. :cry:
I have an inkling also that anyone publishing an online version of the manual would be in breach of VW's copyright.
You can understand them trying to keep things in-house, but other manufacturers have online manuals, and I simply don't understand why VW can't do it, especially for those with actual confirmed order numbers.

Steve

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Given how cagey they seem to be about it, I think you're probably best not to upload it :)

That said, I really don't see why they care. It's not the blueprints to the car or anything, it's just the instructions. In this day of increased customer experience and social media I don't know why they don't make more of the pre delivery period, part of which could be a pre delivery manual if not the full blown one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've also come the conclusion that the manual would be half the size if VW's legal team hadn't got their hands on it first.

I particularly like the following snippets regarding the 'parking assist' feature:

WARNING: The intelligent ParkPilot technology cannot overcome the laws of physics.

And....

Various factors can negatively affect the ParkPilot functions or lead to damage to the vehicle........

And the third of those factors is.... If the ParkPilot warning is ignored

:lol: who'd have thought

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sounds about right 'weirdfish'.....lol :roll: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts