Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had my Tig Match for just over 2 years but thinking of upgrading to the R Line using Drive The Deal (get the finance discount and pay it off). I've added the following options:

Rear View Camera £380
IQ Lights £425

Does the R Line come with keyless entry/start and electric tailgate as standard or do I need the option below £330?

Easy open and close pack with safelock - Tiguan
Pack Contents:
  • Keyless locking and starting system keyless access with safelock
  • Easy open and close sensor controlled luggage compartment opening and closing with remote unlocking
Cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi,

Had my Tig Match for just over 2 years but thinking of upgrading to the R Line using Drive The Deal (get the finance discount and pay it off). I've added the following options:

Rear View Camera £380
IQ Lights £425

Does the R Line come with keyless entry/start and electric tailgate as standard or do I need the option below £330?

Easy open and close pack with safelock - Tiguan
Pack Contents:
  • Keyless locking and starting system keyless access with safelock
  • Easy open and close sensor controlled luggage compartment opening and closing with remote unlocking
Cheers
You will need to add that as an option I’m afraid, I currently have the R Line Tech and placed an order for the new R Line and have had to add a few options to bring it up to spec to my current car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You need to add the £330 option to get the electric tailgate on the R-Line - the rest is confusing (thanks VWUK). According to the brochure/price list, as standard the R-Line gets 'Keyless entry using keyfob including start/stop button on centre console'.

However in the options list in the price list the £330 option is titled thus:

'Keyless entry Keyless start and full electric tailgate operation' - this is then described as "Remote keyless entry and start using key fob and electrically-operated tailgate opening and closing function, operated from drivers door".

It may be just clumsy wording (wouldn't be the first time) but surely the 'keyless start' described in the option is exactly the same as the standard 'start/stop button'?

·
Registered
168 Posts
All standard on Elegance trim, Rear View Camera, Keyless Entry including Stop Start, Electric Tailgate and IQ Matrix Lights.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What I find really confusing about the VW options list is that when they do provide a description (they don’t always) it describes the function in total not just the aspect that you are getting.

For example

Winter pack including heated outer rear seats
Price £240

• Heated windscreen washer jets

• Seat heater for front and rear seats separately controlled

What the option actually is heating for the rear outer seats, that’s all. The heated washer jets and the heated front seats are already included.

This is one of the more obvious ones, but with some it really isn’t that clear, for example

Driver Assistance pack plus
Price £50

• Comfort drive Travel Assist, Lane keeping system Lane Assist and Emergency Assist

• Dynamic road sign display

• Lane change system Side Assist and Rear Traffic Alert

• Park Assist

• Proactive passenger protection system in combination with Front Assist and Side Assist

That is just a description of the Driver Assistance pack in general and although I added this option to my Elegance because it was only £50, I’ve still no idea what it actually adds because the stuff listed in the description is standard anyway.

When I was looking at the R-Line (I went with the Elegance in the end) I was also confused by the keyless entry

Keyless Entry with Full Electric Tailgate Operation
Price £330

• Easy Open & Close - sensor controlled luggage compartment opening and closing with remote unlocking

• Keyless Access - Keyless locking and starting system with SAFELOCK
I think I concluded that it was just the tailgate, that the second bullet comes as standard. I was never clear whether the standard tailgate was powered at all - does it have the buttons on the dash and the tailgate for manual remote and this is just adding the key fob function or is it totally manual?

It doesn’t help that there are so few (zero) showroom or forecourt Tiguans to look at to see what you are actually getting. I had to order in faith of paper specs, never saw the trim I ordered, never tested the engine I ordered, never saw any of the colours I was considering nor the one that I actually ordered.

A very minor one for me. I added the safety kit which includes triangle, first aid kit and a bag. After ordering I discovered that the Tiguan comes with a triangle as standard. Does this mean that I will end up with two triangles, one in the purpose made holder in the tailgate and one in the accessory bag. My dealer and the parts manager at the dealership says that I will end up with two, I wait to see what actually happens.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cheers for the replies. Confusing...they don't make it easy do they! So from what I can gather the extra £330 is just for electric boot?
I added this to my RLine. The car comes with keyless start (which I wouldn't do without) adding the power boot lid adds keyless which I've had before and haven't missed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I added this to my RLine. The car comes with keyless start (which I wouldn't do without) adding the power boot lid adds keyless which I've had before and haven't missed.
I have keyless start but not keyless entry on my current car (BMW) and to be honest, I’ve never quite seen the point.

I get full keyless because you can keep the key in your pocket or bag, but without keyless entry you have to have the key in your hand to open the car so you may as well stick it in the ignition.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
37 Posts
So have we got to the bottom of whether the boot lid without the wavy foot opening thing is still actually powered?
I deliberately didn’t order this option on my R-Line as we have two lively cocker spaniels who I frequently worry about heads and tails being in the way on my current A4, which does have a powered boot, as there is some lag from pressing the button and the boot actually closing.
Anyone got a car without this option able to confirm please?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
So have we got to the bottom of whether the boot lid without the wavy foot opening thing is still actually powered?
I deliberately didn’t order this option on my R-Line as we have two lively cocker spaniels who I frequently worry about heads and tails being in the way on my current A4, which does have a powered boot, as there is some lag from pressing the button and the boot actually closing.
The boot lid is not powered unless specified on the R Line.
i.e. paid for

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have 3 lively Cocker Spaniels (y) and also the powered boot lid with the wavy foot thing and its not a problem with the dogs at all as the obstruction sensor is extremely good.

Reactions: Emsworthy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts