Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It maybe worth deleting and re entering your order number on the online tracker. I did this on Saturday morning and it changed from stage 2 to 3.

Spoke with the dealer yesterday who confirmed a week 20 build but then stated they are expecting a further 11 weeks from build to delivery due to a backlog of vehicles at the port.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I was also told on Monday I had a confirmed build week of week 20, ordered on 3rd March. It's still sitting at with the factory on the online tracker though.

My dealer is confident for an end of June delivery and didn't mention a 10 week wait at the port.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
CL1983 said:
It maybe worth deleting and re entering your order number on the online tracker. I did this on Saturday morning and it changed from stage 2 to 3.

Spoke with the dealer yesterday who confirmed a week 20 build but then stated they are expecting a further 11 weeks from build to delivery due to a backlog of vehicles at the port.
Yep I did this also this morning and now shows build week confirmed so definitely worth doing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
My order number after more than 6 weeks still isn't even recognised by the online tracker which tells me it's miles off!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Gavind said:
My order number after more than 6 weeks still isn't even recognised by the online tracker which tells me it's miles off!!!!
I would check they have given you the correct number. It should show at stage 2 with the factory by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Yes that's the one I've been using... I can't seem to attach a photo but ....

Commission number or VIN
This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character "0" (number) has not been entered instead of "O" (letter) or vice versa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Gavind said:
Yes that's the one I've been using... I can't seem to attach a photo but ....

Commission number or VIN
This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character "0" (number) has not been entered instead of "O" (letter) or vice versa.
Hmm .. sorry beyond my knowledge, other than waiting for it to work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Gavind said:
Yes that's the one I've been using... I can't seem to attach a photo but ....

Commission number or VIN
This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character "0" (number) has not been entered instead of "O" (letter) or vice versa.
I'm on my phone so can't attach a pic to show you where it is on the webpage but you're putting the order number in the wrong place.

Click on the bit that says discover the features in the blue box, then my cars, add a car and put your order number in there.

You might need to create an account if you don't have one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Well my Tiguan's been on order for 9 weeks now and still stuck at stage 2 "Your order is with the factory", which I've had confirmed today by the dealer still hasn't had a build week yet.

To be honest I'm getting pretty sick of the whole thing now. I've also heard from a source that VW are wanting to sneak in another price increase late summer (late August / September), and with my build already dangerously close to the £40k luxury VED tax threshold, (after the April 1st increase which pushed the P11D value up by £650), I can't afford for the car to have a P11D rating of over £40k by the time they get their finger out and register the bloody thing. I'm quite sure neither the dealer or VW UK will be contributing to the additional £335 per year on road tax (on top of the standard £155 per year).

Dealers currently looking into this and if they can't give me any guarantees that it won't in writing - then it will be cancelled again, this time once and for all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Sootchucker said:
Well my Tiguan's been on order for 9 weeks now and still stuck at stage 2 "Your order is with the factory", which I've had confirmed today by the dealer still hasn't had a build week yet.

To be honest I'm getting pretty sick of the whole thing now. I've also heard from a source that VW are wanting to sneak in another price increase late summer (late August / September), and with my build already dangerously close to the £40k luxury VED tax threshold, (after the April 1st increase which pushed the P11D value up by £650), I can't afford for the car to have a P11D rating of over £40k by the time they get their finger out and register the bloody thing. I'm quite sure neither the dealer or VW UK will be contributing to the additional £335 per year on road tax (on top of the standard £155 per year).

Dealers currently looking into this and if they can't give me any guarantees that it won't in writing - then it will be cancelled again, this time once and for all.
Still further on than mine mate... I've been at Land Rover this afternoon and very tempted to cancel and buy a stock evoque now... I'm sick to death of the non committal attitude of my dealer, I have only lasted this long as I got 5k off the retail price which I feel is a good deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Gavind said:
Yes that's the one I've been using... I can't seem to attach a photo but ....

Commission number or VIN
This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character "0" (number) has not been entered instead of "O" (letter) or vice versa.
I had that on the Global My Volkswagen site - but not on My Volkswagen UK where it works ok...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Aha no managed to log in with that link, which is very different than the link the dealer gave me...

Your order is with the factory
Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI 150PS 7-Speed DSG 5 Door
Order no. 31127054
Colour: Pure White
Upholstery: Greyson sports cloth- Titanium Black/Black/Titanium Black
Your order is with the factory and is currently being scheduled for production.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Well that's that then... 15yrs out of the last 20 yrs we have owned a VW but for no longer.

Order cancelled as its now showing week 36 build but still not guaranteed to be even then. The new Tiguan still looks to be a great car, buts that's if no use if you can't buy one, and I have to say the dealers really are t helping buy ignoring this and just selling to keep their figures up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
I could follow your actions very soon. Such a shame as they look really nice cars.
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
I feel for you all with the long delays, and I can see VW losing a lot of business with many cancellations from people not prepared to wait. And I agree, the dealers aren't helping with either misinformation or no info at all.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I've been a member of this forum for the last month. Quietly gaining knowledge on what will be my first Vw having owned BMWs for the last 20yrs.
As a follow on from people's experiences on this thread I wondered if I could ask advice??

4 wks ago I ordered an R Line Tiguan via a lease company. Other than deep black in colour the car is standard. I was advised by the lease company that delivery would be 30/6/21.
I do get the feeling this isn't an informed date rather a generic date and probably not something Vw have given to the lease company. Clearly I've no way of checking with Vw as I don't have car details.

In the meantime I've been in contact with a fairly local Vw dealership. I've been quoted a good price (IMO) on the same car but on a PCP. They have given a "guaranteed " date as 1/9/21 if not earlier.

My question isn't a PCP v lease question but more a question of which date do you think is more realistic.?
Do you have more security for delivery as the lease company is likely to be ordering a number of cars
Or
As a single buyer via the dealer likely to be guaranteed a date.

Anyone had any experience??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Rrh888 said:
I've been a member of this forum for the last month. Quietly gaining knowledge on what will be my first Vw having owned BMWs for the last 20yrs.
As a follow on from people's experiences on this thread I wondered if I could ask advice??

4 wks ago I ordered an R Line Tiguan via a lease company. Other than deep black in colour the car is standard. I was advised by the lease company that delivery would be 30/6/21.
I do get the feeling this isn't an informed date rather a generic date and probably not something Vw have given to the lease company. Clearly I've no way of checking with Vw as I don't have car details.

In the meantime I've been in contact with a fairly local Vw dealership. I've been quoted a good price (IMO) on the same car but on a PCP. They have given a "guaranteed " date as 1/9/21 if not earlier.

My question isn't a PCP v lease question but more a question of which date do you think is more realistic.?
Do you have more security for delivery as the lease company is likely to be ordering a number of cars
Or
As a single buyer via the dealer likely to be guaranteed a date.

Anyone had any experience??
My Elegance is standard, no added extras. I bought mine outright from a local dealer. I entered negotiations with them at the beginning of February. We agreed a deal and I paid a deposit, (£250), on February 17th. The car arrived at the dealer on March 6th, having made the outstanding payment a couple of days before.

As what you have ordered or are intending to order is a stock model with no extras, a quick delivery is not beyond the realms of possibilities. I have been told that there are plenty of stock models in all trim levels in holding sites, mine came from Hull.

So, in essence, if your not adding any options, you can expect quite a speedy delivery time, 4 to 6 weeks from placing the order.
 
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
Top