Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed an order for a Tiguan Elegance 2.0TDI 4emotion back in January, delay after delay eventually told that my car was scheduled for build week commencing 19th April, called dealer last week, who have been absolutely useless re communication to be told " oh yeah, cars not been built yet and no idea as to when it will be" basically they couldn't give a monkey about the delay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered mine, 18th January 2021, was told build week 19, last contact with the dealer who have been absolutely useless at communicating anything is that car wasn't built and they have no idea as to when it would be, only interest that they had was whether or not I wanted to cancel the order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you get onto the volkswagen app? It was the only way we found out at what stage of the build our was as the dealer was silent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't get on the app the order number from the dealership is a unique number on their own system rather than the VW one

·
Registered
223 Posts
Out of interest, when you guys say you are checking progress on the app, which app are you referring to. I can't see anything in the We Connect apps, so I aways have to check on the main website ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Reading all the tails of woe here I must be one of the lucky ones, placed my order on 23rd of Feb and my dealership have been brilliant, kept me updated every step of the way through all the stages to date, car is now built and is currently in transit with an expected arrival at the dealership by end of week 2 in June.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ours ordered 12th March, no updates from the dealer (when they gave us the order number they said to track it on the website). Now in transit, with an original delivery date of 12th July - don't know if this has now moved forward.

One of our daughters ordered an R-Line a week before us, but due to a dealer error some of the options were missed off so it was re-ordered. The original car is still build in progress (for 4 weeks now) and the replacement order isn't expected to arrive until September!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone have any info on current lead times. I'm thinking of buying an already dealer order R-Line that has a build date in around 10 weeks time.
Currently whats the likelihood it will be on time?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Andy.M said:
Does anyone have any info on current lead times. I'm thinking of buying an already dealer order R-Line that has a build date in around 10 weeks time.
Currently whats the likelihood it will be on time?
I've just ordered my R Line. It's between an 18-20 week wait.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We ordered out Tig active about 2 months ago and was always advised that we looking at an 18 week lead time. Was called last week to say the build date had been confirmed and was 5 weeks earlier than originally stated. I'm saying that, the issue is still with the shortage of the semi conductor chips required from the factory. &#x1f91e-1f3fb; There's no hold ups and we get the car at least within the original time frame.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed a factory order at the end of Jan for a facelift R-line with two optional extras, originally being quoted a 12-14 week lead time by the dealer.

The order was confirmed and viewable using the VW online tracker but has remained at stage 2. Following discussions with the dealer a few weeks ago they stated the order was a little delayed but nothing to significant.

However further contact with them yesterday has confirmed the order does not have a confirmed build week and the earliest I could be looking at delivery will be mid July.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Hi
Not really familiar with this type of forum so forgive me
Fell upon it in an internet search
For what it’s worth
I ordered an R line in October last year and was quoted a 4 month lead time
Now verbally only i have been informed of a build date in may this year then 6 weeks to deliver, so effectively a 10 month lead time
For people with PCPs I’d be thinking of preferring 12 months prior to the end of the PCP period

·
Registered
2 Posts
October to May is 7-8 months isn't it? Which would be pretty much what a lot of other people have been quoted. I would suggest checking out this thread - a bit more up to date.

(4) Orders-build dates-deliveries | Page 16 | Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum (tiguanforums.co.uk)
Thank you
I’m thinking ten months as in when we get the keys which I expect in July
May is the build date
It’s beginning to feel a bit like a post office queue, stick in the line you are in and be patient 😀😀

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thank you
I’m thinking ten months as in when we get the keys which I expect in July
May is the build date
It’s beginning to feel a bit like a post office queue, stick in the line you are in and be patient 😀😀
I ordered on 30th August. Currently I am being told build week 14, but this is at status 10, so unconfirmed and likely to slip in my opinion. But if it holds that is early April for build and I am told between 4 to 8 week from build completion to delivery with keys in hand.

That would put my delivery towards the end of May which will be around 10 months.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: lord edgington

·
Registered
282 Posts
41 - 60 of 62 Posts