Reactions: Quinn010

Registered

Registered
Hi
Not really familiar with this type of forum so forgive me
Fell upon it in an internet search
For what it鈥檚 worth
I ordered an R line in October last year and was quoted a 4 month lead time
Now verbally only i have been informed of a build date in may this year then 6 weeks to deliver, so effectively a 10 month lead time
For people with PCPs I鈥檇 be thinking of preferring 12 months prior to the end of the PCP period
Update
Rang vw and asked is there anything with a confirmed build date in another colour ?
Answer was yes
So now it鈥檚 build date of week 11馃榾

Registered
Thought I'd jump in after keeping my eye on this for thread for months, ordered R-Line DSG July 2021 with delivery date early March, that ended up being late March, which lead to being mid June and has settled again now on end of July! Laughable at this point, no doubt December will roll around and I'll still be waiting.

Registered
Thought I'd jump in after keeping my eye on this for thread for months, ordered R-Line DSG July 2012 with delivery date early March, that ended up being late March, which lead to being mid June and has settled again now on end of July! Laughable at this point, no doubt December will roll around and I'll still be waiting.
Blimey! I know deliveries can take over 12 months but surely not 10 years! - July 2012? 馃槻

Registered
I've just placed an order for a brand new Tiguan. The Dealer said to me that due to supply problems build now takes 10 years so I asked when will it be delivered. He looked it up on the computer and said I could have the vehicle on 5th April 2032. The problem though is I have to collect it in the morning and that clashes with my next doctor's appointment........... 馃檨

Registered
Appear to be lots of confusion from the sales staff, I鈥檓 the same boat!
I ordered my Tiguan Elegance SEL and paid the deposit in October 2021, since then the forecast build-week has fluctuated like a yo-yo!
Earliest was 鈥榳eek 8鈥 now they have stopped predicting a build-week, best guess was September, with delivery October to November. The latter would make a delivery of 13 months.
It鈥檚 all extremely depressing!

Registered
Thought I'd jump in after keeping my eye on this for thread for months, ordered R-Line DSG July 2021 with delivery date early March, that ended up being late March, which lead to being mid June and has settled again now on end of July! Laughable at this point, no doubt December will roll around and I'll still be waiting.
Now delayed until late October... I give up. 馃樁

Registered
I'm in the same boat, ordered 2.0 diesel 150 r-line in white in July 2021. been nothing bit push backs, still no confirmed build date. Losing all faith now to the point where I think they must be delaying until the point the customer is forced to cancel so they can resell the same car for a much higher price 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 hang fire and wait it out or join another waiting list at the back of the queue for another car type 馃槙

Registered
I'm in the same boat, ordered 2.0 diesel 150 r-line in white in July 2021. been nothing bit push backs, still no confirmed build date. Losing all faith now to the point where I think they must be delaying until the point the customer is forced to cancel so they can resell the same car for a much higher price 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 hang fire and wait it out or join another waiting list at the back of the queue for another car type 馃槙
If the cars weren鈥檛 so damn good looking we鈥檇 have all cancelled by now!

Registered
I ordered mine mid August last year. I expect it to turn up some time in September for the new 72 reg plate :)

Registered
I ordered mine mid August last year. I expect it to turn up some time in September for the new 72 reg plate :)
Nah, a 23 reg plate will look so much better.......... :giggle:

Registered
going by my expeirence of being told it wasnt built , no idea when it would or if it would be built , getting a plan b quickly organised to get a phone call the next again day to say it was built and left the factory and after a week or so is now in transit , i really think VW either have a major problem with their systems and really dont know whats getting built from day to day , or its just a shambles oraganisation so much for the days of vorsprung dur technic and german efficency

Registered
going by my expeirence of being told it wasnt built , no idea when it would or if it would be built , getting a plan b quickly organised to get a phone call the next again day to say it was built and left the factory and after a week or so is now in transit , i really think VW either have a major problem with their systems and really dont know whats getting built from day to day , or its just a shambles oraganisation so much for the days of vorsprung dur technic and german efficency
Pssst, that was Audi ;)

Registered
VW gives you Wings......

• Haha
Reactions: dannymidd1
61 - 80 of 105 Posts