Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
and here was me thinking red bull gave you wings lol
Yes, Red Bull's Verstappen could do with some wings right now as he is struggling in the practice sessions in Miami.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i used to be an avid f1 fan but drifted away from it , might get back into it as last season sounded quite exciting

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
740 Posts
i used to be an avid f1 fan but drifted away from it , might get back into it as last season sounded quite exciting
Did you miss that stunning finale in Abu Dhabi? Yes, last season produced quite a few surprises and this season looks good as well.

Reactions: dannymidd1

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,645 Posts
I was an avid fan as well, until the debacle at the end of last season, and I’ve not bothered with it this year. Funny thing is I’ve not missed watching it.

Steve

·
Registered
740 Posts
I was an avid fan as well, until the debacle at the end of last season, and I’ve not bothered with it this year. Funny thing is I’ve not missed watching it.

Steve
Well, Masi, the race controller, made a massive blunder allowing Verstappen to effectively win the race and so 'stole' the championship from Lewis.

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,249 Posts
It was an amazing spectacle though despite the nonsense in the last race. This year has at least had a bit of a difference going on with the front runners. Bottas still being competitive, Norris and Russell up in the mix. Leclerc showing his actual talent and Hamilton unable to cope. I'm really enjoying it :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did you miss that stunning finale in Abu Dhabi? Yes, last season produced quite a few surprises and this season looks good as well.
yeah unfortunately i did it sounds like im missing some thing though so might get back into it :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
My enthusiasm for this season has been very much tempered by the debacle of Abu Dhabi. It's nice to see the Mercedes team struggling after so many years of absolute dominance. Red Bull I still wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. Horner is such a two faced unlikeable character and Max is still behaving like the spoilt brat that his is. Ferrari, yes, it's good to see another team at the front and their car does seem to be going well. However, after so many years of watching F1 you do wonder when / if they'll get found cheating again. We all know the FIA stands for Ferrari International Assistance. McLaren seem to have shot themselves in the foot slightly with the new car. Yes, Lando is driving the wheels off it but I suspect that is his default setting. Aston Martin are still good for comedy value with Vettle who looks like he just doesn't care anymore and the vastly under talented Lance (I'm only here coz my dad owns the team) Stroll. Alpha Tauri (Torro Rosso) keep doing well and prove that parent team Red Bull cocked up by getting rid of Gasly. Alfa Romeo with Bottas as lead driver are a bit of a surprise package along with Haas. Haas not so much as they spent the whole of last season developing this seasons car. Williams I do fear for. They've had a new owner who is prepared to fund them but they just don't seem to be making any significant progress. There are flashes of brilliance from Albon but Latifi is struggling badly, it wouldn't surprise me to see him sit a few races out.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,645 Posts
Red Bull I still wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. Horner is such a two faced unlikeable character and Max is still behaving like the spoilt brat that his is.
Totally agree, and thinking about it that’s probably one of the main reasons that I’m put off watching it this season, along with that pr!ck Helmut Marco, who can’t keep his stupid mouth shut!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Has anyone got a confirmed order prior to wk11 /22 but with no comms as to if it is in build ?
Just trying to gauge if I am likely to see my car in build imminently or not
Thank you
R line, 1.5. Electric tailgate and reverse camera so pretty standard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got a confirmed build week of 9 (start of March) for a 1.5 Elegance ordered start of Sept last year, then nothing, don't know if its in build or not. JCB Medway are saying no info until the factory updates?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Got a confirmed build week of 9 (start of March) for a 1.5 Elegance ordered start of Sept last year, then nothing, don't know if its in build or not. JCB Medway are saying no info until the factory updates?
Same boat then
The thing I just can’t get my head around is I haven’t asked for a delivery date, just to let me know if it’s in build 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
42 Posts
Exactly, extended lease car goes back today, wife's not long had a replacement knee op, it's the not knowing that bo****ing things up. This would be my 6th Tig, I've had them since they came out, stuck with VW even after taking a bath with "dieselgate" which made me switch to leasing instead of buying. Now I'm retired I thought I'd treat myself:mad:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lord E - you need to chase them as they (JCB) have a policy of only informing the customer once the car arrives in U.K. I found this recently when ordering an Up! I had no provisional or confirmed build date from them so decided to email and see if they had any idea when the build would be scheduled - only to be told it’s already built and on the way to Emden!

Reactions: lord edgington

·
Registered
639 Posts
Has anyone got a confirmed order prior to wk11 /22 but with no comms as to if it is in build ?
Just trying to gauge if I am likely to see my car in build imminently or not
Thank you
R line, 1.5. Electric tailgate and reverse camera so pretty standard
exact same spec as mine …. Week 13 Status 20. Still not built

81 - 100 of 105 Posts