Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we have ordered our first tiguan. We was going to rule volkswagen out due to the long delays as we do need it as soon as possible. Volkswagen said they had 1 tiguan already in build week 9 as it was stock car. So we couldn't specify anything it already included the rear view camera and electric boot. And said it would be here middle of April with a date of the 20th. The other car we was going to go with was the kia sportage as they had a lead time of 6 weeks for a factory order but we did prefer the tiguan so went with them.
I have just had the first update from the dealer to say it is now due to be here July as it is still showing in production at status 20. Does anyone know what this means? They aksaid said it could get brought forward or pushed back. We are tempted to cancel the order.
Thankyou

·
Registered
236 Posts
Status 20 means it is a confirmed build week for the start of build, but cars can either move quickly or sit there for weeks. You won’t get an update until it leaves the factory.
Week 9 builds have been hit by the temporary factory shutdown. Week 8 cars seem to have been the last to escape before this happened. There are conflicting reports as to whether Tiguan build ls have restarted or not. Seems most likely not, so your car could be here in a couple of weeks, a couple of months or longer.
There is a lot of chat about this on a couple of the other threads
Before considering cancelling, check the current Kia lead times as they have gone up

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello, we have ordered our first tiguan. We was going to rule volkswagen out due to the long delays as we do need it as soon as possible. Volkswagen said they had 1 tiguan already in build week 9 as it was stock car. So we couldn't specify anything it already included the rear view camera and electric boot. And said it would be here middle of April with a date of the 20th. The other car we was going to go with was the kia sportage as they had a lead time of 6 weeks for a factory order but we did prefer the tiguan so went with them.
I have just had the first update from the dealer to say it is now due to be here July as it is still showing in production at status 20. Does anyone know what this means? They aksaid said it could get brought forward or pushed back. We are tempted to cancel the order.
Thankyou
My car is a week 9 build and partially built when production stopped over 4 weeks ago,the dealer is unable to confirm when production will resume and the vehicle be completed.
The dealer I'm using did state they managed to have some week 9 cars completed before the shutdown but a majority of them were not completed.
I would check that the car the dealer is offering to sell you is 100% built and has left the factory,if not it is likely delayed indefinitely like mine and many others.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sportage forum is saying 5+ months?
It's always funny on here when people quote that the hyundai/kia/ford...... etc dealer say they can supply a car in a matter of weeks, yet when you go look on the forums its a very different story! When will people realise salesmen will say anything to secure a sale.

Reactions: Andy.M

·
Registered
615 Posts
I wonder how much Kia are impacted by the Ukraine issue. When I looked at the Sportage, I asked the dealer how they could get the cars from South Korea to the UK so quickly - I was surprised when they told me that they are actually made in Slovenia or Slovakia (can't recall which one).

I agree that you can't trust what dealers say, but when I spoke to Kia (around 4 weeks ago) they were able to show me 3 cars in my spec in the standard red colour which were already in the build process and available in very short notice.

I didn't want a red one and they said that I could have a different colour in 12 weeks.

Now this was before the Ukraine issue.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's always funny on here when people quote that the hyundai/kia/ford...... etc dealer say they can supply a car in a matter of weeks, yet when you go look on the forums its a very different story! When will people realise salesmen will say anything to secure a sale.
Yes I understand it is alot longer wait now this was at the beginning of the year before the Ukraine and Russia issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car is a week 9 build and partially built when production stopped over 4 weeks ago,the dealer is unable to confirm when production will resume and the vehicle be completed.
The dealer I'm using did state they managed to have some week 9 cars completed before the shutdown but a majority of them were not completed.
I would check that the car the dealer is offering to sell you is 100% built and has left the factory,if not it is likely delayed indefinitely like mine and many others.
Thankyou we will do that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Status 20 means it is a confirmed build week for the start of build, but cars can either move quickly or sit there for weeks. You won’t get an update until it leaves the factory.
Week 9 builds have been hit by the temporary factory shutdown. Week 8 cars seem to have been the last to escape before this happened. There are conflicting reports as to whether Tiguan build ls have restarted or not. Seems most likely not, so your car could be here in a couple of weeks, a couple of months or longer.
There is a lot of chat about this on a couple of the other threads
Before considering cancelling, check the current Kia lead times as they have gone up
Thankyou for that explains it alot more. This is our first time buying a new car so didn't understand the build weeks/status very well.
Thankyou we will do that.
I have just had an update from the dealer to
Thankyou, I have just had an update from the dealer to say the car has been built but not left the factory and is still saying build week 9 (which is what it was at when we put our deposit down on the vehicle before the isuues from Ukraine and Russia)
They said it is looking like June/July time.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thankyou for that explains it alot more. This is our first time buying a new car so didn't understand the build weeks/status very well.

I have just had an update from the dealer to

Thankyou, I have just had an update from the dealer to say the car has been built but not left the factory and is still saying build week 9 (which is what it was at when we put our deposit down on the vehicle before the isuues from Ukraine and Russia)
They said it is looking like June/July time.
If the car was completed in build week 9 over 4 weeks ago I'd have expected it to have left the factory,tempted to say its partially built like mine and staying that way until production resumes.

Assuming production resumes by the end of this month I'd say a June delivery is realistic,considering the way things are it's not too long to wait and I'd hang in there if you can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the car was completed in build week 9 over 4 weeks ago I'd have expected it to have left the factory,tempted to say its partially built like mine and staying that way until production resumes.

Assuming production resumes by the end of this month I'd say a June delivery is realistic,considering the way things are it's not too long to wait and I'd hang in there if you can.
Yes that's what I'm thinking, they said it is waiting wiring looms then will be ready to leave the factory but these were coming from Ukraine. Just concerned we will get pushed back again which unfortunately we will probably need to get a new second hand car until the tiguan is ready.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes that's what I'm thinking, they said it is waiting wiring looms then will be ready to leave the factory but these were coming from Ukraine. Just concerned we will get pushed back again which unfortunately we will probably need to get a new second hand car until the tiguan is ready.
As a business there is only so long VW can keep certain parts of production idle,Golf production was supposedly resuming yesterday and if that's happened I would expect Tiguan production to follow soon.

I read an article around 10 days ago stating that VW Europe get wiring looms from 11 factories in Ukraine of which 9 were still operating although at a reduced capacity,I'm unsure at what stage of the build the looms are fitted but would expect it to be in the early stages.

My car has made it to stage 5 of 8 in the build process at the factory and has been allocated a chassis number but im none the wiser what this actually means it currently looks like.

None of us know how long the stoppage will be for,I would be surprised if it's long enough to push back you getting your car beyond June/July.

It is a lottery at the moment if there is no confirmed build week but by having one a confirmed for a few weeks ago there is surely a limit on how long it is going to be pushed back.

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
I seen on another forum, its on a reduced production as per this week? Suppose no-one really knows?
No it’s still shut apparently. I think @SGreen679 knows someone with insider info. We all thought it was reopening on reduced hours but it hasn’t as yet

·
Registered
615 Posts
I seen on another forum, its on a reduced production as per this week? Suppose no-one really knows?
I read that the Golf production line had restarted on reduced capacity but the Tiguan production line is on pause.

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts