Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just out of curiosity as I have ordered the 190PS engine but has there been any more information on the changes being made on the 150PS engines.

I’m hoping that they won’t do a full August shutdown, with those minimal changes doesn’t sound like their is much in the way of production line changes required. I suspect that won’t happen though - feels like rubbing salt in the wounds “delayed for almost a year with little movement, production eventually begins to ramp up and then - boom! shutting down for August summer holiday”.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
697 Posts
What are they changing with the engines ?
We don't know. Looks minor as it is just a letter change at the end of the part number.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,332 Posts
They have an annual shutdown to change the production line for the MYnn spec - there was another thread which showed some different options (including a blackpack :love:). i'll try and find it.
So basically, your car hasn't been scheduled for a build yet as the MY23 model changes are being set in place and once that's done, you should get a scheduled build week. Though of course, how long that will take is anyone's guess. Though the way things are moving at the moment with deliveries arriving in the UK, hopefully for your sake, not too long.... before you get a build week
If any of that makes sense, let me know o_O

EDIT: This courtesy of SGreen - the MY23 changes
View attachment 9222
On the technical level, compared with the first generation, the second generation EA211 has added advanced technologies such as Miller cycle, 350Bar direct injection, and VGT turbo. The variable-section turbocharger is indeed the first time that this thing has appeared. Compared with the traditional exhaust gas turbine, its biggest advantage is that it can better balance the response speed and explosive power of the intake pressure. In addition, judging from the overseas version of the Golf MK8, the second-generation EA211 is also compatible with the 48V mild hybrid system.

EDIT: This from another site
The second-generation 1.5T Evo2 continues to use the Miller cycle, but the power is increased to 118kW and the torque is 250Nm, which exceeds the current 1.4T performance. At the same time, the compression ratio is appropriately reduced from 12.5 to 11.5 in the first-generation Miller cycle version. This is also a compromise for performance improvement and domestic oil conditions.
1.5T Evo2 has a significant improvement over the first-generation 1.5T Evo. The performance in the Miller cycle is increased from 96kW to 118kW. Due to the exhaust temperature control, the VTG turbocharger needs to be re-developed, and the withstand temperature of the turbocharger turbine will be increased from the original 880 degrees to 980 degrees, which can completely avoid the supercharger temperature limitation during engine operation. The use of the enriched injection strategy is beneficial to improve the engine efficiency under high-speed and high-load operation, and it can also reduce the particulate emissions caused by the enrichment at this time. This upgrade is based on the latest VTG turbocharger structure and material design. The previous VTG technology was mainly derived from the application experience of diesel engines, so the temperature tolerance could not be increased.

·
Registered
863 Posts
On the technical level, compared with the first generation, the second generation EA211 has added advanced technologies such as Miller cycle, 350Bar direct injection, and VGT turbo. The variable-section turbocharger is indeed the first time that this thing has appeared. Compared with the traditional exhaust gas turbine, its biggest advantage is that it can better balance the response speed and explosive power of the intake pressure. In addition, judging from the overseas version of the Golf MK8, the second-generation EA211 is also compatible with the 48V mild hybrid system.

EDIT: This from another site
The second-generation 1.5T Evo2 continues to use the Miller cycle, but the power is increased to 118kW and the torque is 250Nm, which exceeds the current 1.4T performance. At the same time, the compression ratio is appropriately reduced from 12.5 to 11.5 in the first-generation Miller cycle version. This is also a compromise for performance improvement and domestic oil conditions.
1.5T Evo2 has a significant improvement over the first-generation 1.5T Evo. The performance in the Miller cycle is increased from 96kW to 118kW. Due to the exhaust temperature control, the VTG turbocharger needs to be re-developed, and the withstand temperature of the turbocharger turbine will be increased from the original 880 degrees to 980 degrees, which can completely avoid the supercharger temperature limitation during engine operation. The use of the enriched injection strategy is beneficial to improve the engine efficiency under high-speed and high-load operation, and it can also reduce the particulate emissions caused by the enrichment at this time. This upgrade is based on the latest VTG turbocharger structure and material design. The previous VTG technology was mainly derived from the application experience of diesel engines, so the temperature tolerance could not be increased.
I'm not technical but I read that to be the change from the 1.4TSI to 1.5TSI or is it indeed an improvement on the 1.5TSI? What about the 130PS or is this just for the 150PS?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I'm not technical but I read that to be the change from the 1.4TSI to 1.5TSI or is it indeed an improvement on the 1.5TSI? What about the 130PS or is this just for the 150PS?
It's an improvement on the 1.5. The 130 & 150 EVO 2 will use the same VGT turbo . In the EVO1 only the 130 used the VGT, (150 had a wastegate turbo) on the 130 the compression ratio has been lowered slightly and on the 150 raised (to be the same compression ratio for both). But essentially now they are the same - must be more economical to produce.

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
37 Posts
They have an annual shutdown to change the production line for the MYnn spec - there was another thread which showed some different options (including a blackpack :love:). i'll try and find it.
So basically, your car hasn't been scheduled for a build yet as the MY23 model changes are being set in place and once that's done, you should get a scheduled build week. Though of course, how long that will take is anyone's guess. Though the way things are moving at the moment with deliveries arriving in the UK, hopefully for your sake, not too long.... before you get a build week
If any of that makes sense, let me know o_O

EDIT: This courtesy of SGreen - the MY23 changes
View attachment 9222
Because the addition of black style pack is part of MY23 changes would you go to the back of the queue if you tried to add it to your options list?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Because the addition of black style pack is part of MY23 changes would you go to the back of the queue if you tried to add it to your options list?
Nah, cheaper to black pack it myself.
Price has gone up, finance contribution has gone down, some spec not available. overall not worth it for me

·
Registered
697 Posts
The VW change summary shows two changes, both going from 1.5 150PS to 1.5 150PS. It is just the last letter in the part number changing, so I’m guessing just a slight design change.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Haha
Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nah, cheaper to black pack it myself.
Price has gone up, finance contribution has gone down, some spec not available. overall not worth it for me
Anyone know the price of the black style pack? Can't seem to see it anywhere

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Anyone know the price of the black style pack? Can't seem to see it anywhere
Not yet, it's not on the configurator to order.
I just did a quick tot up and to order the same car again LESS IQ lights (which aren't available right now), would cost me £3.6k more.
That's before we get onto finance contributions and interest rates. I can get the silver bits wrapped for FAR less :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
can’t input anything as the only infor i have is…….

whatever this means. ???

I am grateful for your request and understanding with regards the delays.

At the moment all the Tiguan forward orders have been put to "no scheduled build week". This is due to the systems being set up for any model year 2023 changes.

Once the car has a build week again I will let you know.

From my dealer……..
Been told the exact same thing by my dealer.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Been told the exact same thing by my dealer.
Which means you'll benefit from the 'upgrades' when your car is built. higher power usb ports - yep that's about it :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Which means you'll benefit from the 'upgrades' when your car is built. higher power usb ports - yep that's about it :D
Can't wait. The current usb ports are rubbish though. I use the cigarette lighter adaptor, which is much faster.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Someone has messed up all names and relative orders on the spreadsheet while saving

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes, the ordered date is showing incorrectly for my listing. Someone has probably inadvertently changed the order whilst inserting information. I noticed that any changes become permanent when exiting the spreadsheet even without 'saving' it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have restored the Tuesday version for that spreadsheet, please add your comments if you did any changes after Tuesday.

·
Registered
2018 Silver R-Line 2.0TDI 190. Leather, Heated screen, phone charger, side scan.
73 Posts
I have restored the Tuesday version for that spreadsheet, please add your comments if you did any changes after Tuesday.
Can you look at it again, its corrupted or at least its lost most of oldest orders.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts