Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
521 - 540 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered at the end of August - originally estimated as a January build with an early March delivery but now this has been changed to nothing. There has been a vague ‘add 8 weeks’ but not got any build week not even an unconfirmed one.

Have asked a couple of times in email, the dealer has usually responded to emails but is now ignoring. Presume he wants me to go into the showroom and ask face to face. I was trying to avoid that embarrassment for him but he doesn’t seem to want to play that way.

Cheers,

Nigel
Thinking of doing the same Nigel.

Just wondering where we would stand in terms of cancelling as I signed the e-document back when agreeing.

Surely can still cancel though.

its the lack of response that's frustrating me more than anything.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Assuming you have visited a Dealer before signing the e-document then you need to read the terms and conditions (if you have not actually visited a Dealer then you will have additional rights under Distance Selling regulations). So, the T&Cs may say that if the Dealer notifies you of a change to the vehicle which you do not agree to or if the vehicle is significantly delayed (for whatever reason) you may cancel the contract and obtain a full refund.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its update time.. its update time. Wooo here is the breakdown for me:

WEEK 20 - May 10 - Ordered Tiguan Elegance (all stock) 1.5 DSG
WEEK 34 - Aug 27 - Original estimated delivery date
WEEK 37 - Sep 21 - New delivery date
WEEK 41 - Oct 15 - Car finally built but no chips
WEEK 42 - Oct 22 - Chips found, car passed quality checks now on a way to German shipping port
WEEK 44 - Nov 1 - Car is at UK port, dealer starts sending over information including reg number, etc
WEEK 45 - Nov 12 - CAR PICKUP FROM DEALER!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its update time.. its update time. Wooo here is the breakdown for me:

WEEK 20 - May 10 - Ordered Tiguan Elegance (all stock) 1.5 DSG
WEEK 34 - Aug 27 - Original estimated delivery date
WEEK 37 - Sep 21 - New delivery date
WEEK 41 - Oct 15 - Car finally built but no chips
WEEK 42 - Oct 22 - Chips found, car passed quality checks now on a way to German shipping port
WEEK 44 - Nov 1 - Car is at UK port, dealer starts sending over information including reg number, etc
WEEK 45 - Nov 12 - CAR PICKUP FROM DEALER!
Nice one (y). I am on similar track, also Elegance 1.5. Just sorted all paperwork and reg. no. Though it will be delivered home in week's time. Can't wait!

Reactions: soulie

·
Registered
22 Posts
well this is a bunch of waffle of nothing from my leasing co

Thanks for the email and apologies with the delayed response,

VW and all other manufactures are having semiconductor issues and as a result were facing delays from factory,

We are monitoring all updates weekly and the VW dealership we use we’ve worked with for over 20 years, and they monitor all updates daily,

They’ve advised as soon as we see any change we will notify you immediately,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ordered a R line 2.0tsi 245hp at the end of August, and a couple of months later dealer informed me of an unconfirmed build week 9th/2022. A couple of days ago i decided to add DCC as an option to my order considering the bad ride quality of r lines in general. Would, adding an option to an unconfirmed week, have a negative effect to the build week/or even worst making the order fall into the removed options vehicles ordered after 1st November?

·
Registered
348 Posts
DCC is standard on the 245hp engine as it was with the 230hp engine - at least that is what the configurator says.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ordered a R line 2.0tsi 245hp at the end of August, and a couple of months later dealer informed me of an unconfirmed build week 9th/2022. A couple of days ago i decided to add DCC as an option to my order considering the bad ride quality of r lines in general. Would, adding an option to an unconfirmed week, have a negative effect to the build week/or even worst making the order fall into the removed options vehicles ordered after 1st November?
As I understand it once the order has been accepted and confirmed by VW it is unlikely you can alter the spec. So, with an order from August I doubt you can change it now except by cancelling and placing a new order.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I contacted my dealer 2 weeks ago asking about the same thing and her response was

If we make any changes at the moment it will be pushed to the back of the que (it isn't normally like this but current situations are making it so) and may incur any additional prices increases.

So have left it off

·
Registered
134 Posts
I contacted my dealer 2 weeks ago asking about the same thing and her response was

If we make any changes at the moment it will be pushed to the back of the que (it isn't normally like this but current situations are making it so) and may incur any additional prices increases.

So have left it off
But DCC is standard on the 245PS - there is nothing to add and you can’t take it off.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry mine is the 1.5 150 on order.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
One dealer says, untill bw is confirmed options can be added with no penalty, other dealer says option added even with unconfirmed build week will move order at the end of the queue......Usual VW mayhem... if i knew i would have ordered a LADA. Btw Audi for Q3 sportback order now gives a 15month waiting time HAHAHAHAH. Ordering a vag group car is equivalent to ordering a Bentley.....

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
DCC is standard on the 245hp engine as it was with the 230hp engine - at least that is what the configurator says.
The price list make it look as if it's an extra, but in the configurator it is listed under the Standard Equipment - Driver's Assistance.
Easy way to check is to spec up a 245 - see it's there, knock the engine back to 190 - it's gone (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
But DCC is standard on the 245PS - there is nothing to add and you can’t take it off.

Cheers,

Nigel
I have also ordered a 245tsi R Line and was told the DCC is not standard. I did query this as the VW configurator appears to show it as standard for that engine as you mentioned.

The order went through and the DCC has been added as chargeable.

Has anyone tried to add DCC on the 245hp model and had the order confirmed without having to pay for the DCC because you have been told it's standard?

Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got an update

Order placed last week of July. Initial build week 42, got pushed to 45 (this week) now showing as unconfirmed build week 8 22.

Looks like everything is getting build week 8 ATM so looks to me like the factory are basically building as and when and just telling dealers that date and when actually started in build they will attach a proper status!

521 - 540 of 580 Posts