Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
541 - 560 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well it takes 5 months to get built (5 Nov) and its still sitting at Emden Docks. You'd think they would want to get some actual sales.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Woo progress finally, car has passed through production and is currently sitting at Emden docks. Light almost at the end of the tunnel.

Any chance it can be at the dealers before 01 Dec and my almost certain move into the luxury tax bracket? Pretty slim huh.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Woo progress finally, car has passed through production and is currently sitting at Emden docks. Light almost at the end of the tunnel.

Any chance it can be at the dealers before 01 Dec and my almost certain move into the luxury tax bracket? Pretty slim huh.
Unfortunately, extremely slim I would have thought.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yup, small consolation if not then i'll take a 22 plate instead.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yup, small consolation if not then i'll take a 22 plate instead.
Strictly speaking you won’t get a 22 plate, not unless you hold off until March 1st but you will have a 22 registered car - if that is what you mean,

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ah yes my confusion. 22 registered us better than nothing I guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been told they have no idea when mine will arrive Was due end of November.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well it takes 5 months to get built (5 Nov) and its still sitting at Emden Docks. You'd think they would want to get some actual sales.
Just had a call, mine is on the boat and arrives Tuesday.

Should have it in my hands by about 10th December. I am going to go hand over the v750 and do paperwork next Friday so I can just collect when ready! Any news on yours? Hoping it was with mine

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any further sign of yours? I think both your and my Tiguan was at Emden at the same time. I've not had any further update post being made aware the car had arrived at the Dock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any further sign of yours? I think both your and my Tiguan was at Emden at the same time. I've not had any further update post being made aware the car had arrived at the Dock.
mine was build week 35 then delayed same as Steve’s. We both had the call they are on way to Emden about same time too (see previous posts) Mine is due in the UK on Tuesday if this helps ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
mine was build week 35 then delayed same as Steve’s. We both had the call they are on way to Emden about same time too (see previous posts) Mine is due in the UK on Tuesday if this helps ?
Thank you, that helps. Mine was build week 36, and I've spoken to dealer that if there is anything they can do to get me the car before 1st December to please do so as I'm precariously close to the luxury tax bracket. What I mean by that is skip all the valeting etc. and to let me know as soon as it arrives as I'll jump on train straight away if it was possible. Keep us posted how you get on.

Hard to know what delays there are at the dock, seems mine was arriving there Whikst both yours were there so winder if they need a certain number before shopping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you, that helps. Mine was build week 36, and I've spoken to dealer that if there is anything they can do to get me the car before 1st December to please do so as I'm precariously close to the luxury tax bracket. What I mean by that is skip all the valeting etc. and to let me know as soon as it arrives as I'll jump on train straight away if it was possible. Keep us posted how you get on.

Hard to know what delays there are at the dock, seems mine was arriving there Whikst both yours were there so winder if they need a certain number before shopping.
It will be the date its registered not delivered to you, speak to the dealer and they may with your agreement register it early so you can avoid but there are some risks to the dealer in doing this as in if the transporter damages it etc then they will have some issues.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you, that's really helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It will be the date its registered not delivered to you, speak to the dealer and they may with your agreement register it early so you can avoid but there are some risks to the dealer in doing this as in if the transporter damages it etc then they will have some issues.
was going to suggest the same thing. I’m going up to do the paperwork etc before arrival and will then just collect when it’s ready.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dealer has just telephoned me and said that my car would be going into build on Week 9 for a March 2022 delivery.

To be honest that is earlier than I was expecting but I’m taking that with a big punch of salt because reading the threads on this forum many customers are being told Week 9 and they are a mixture of different trims and engines. Would have thought it would be efficient to build lots of different types in the same week. Maybe VW have just said “tell them week 9 for now”.

But if it is really Week 9 that is great timing for me and barely any different to what I was told when I ordered in August.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
65 Posts
BTW registering it in Nov may help the dealer as it will count towards their Nov Targets, although not sure how VW are dealing with that if they can't actually get cars to sell!
It's a really great suggestion, something I hadn't even considered possible so thank you all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My dealer has just telephoned me and said that my car would be going into build on Week 9 for a March 2022 delivery.

To be honest that is earlier than I was expecting but I’m taking that with a big punch of salt because reading the threads on this forum many customers are being told Week 9 and they are a mixture of different trims and engines. Would have thought it would be efficient to build lots of different types in the same week. Maybe VW have just said “tell them week 9 for now”.

But if it is really Week 9 that is great timing for me and barely any different to what I was told when I ordered in August.

Cheers,

Nigel
Ordered 27th August almost same engine as you (the 245hp version) R line and was given 9th week of 2022, too. So this might mean something.

541 - 560 of 580 Posts