Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
561 - 580 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Glad you are getting updates. I have heard nothing from my dealer since placing the order at the beginning of September.
You have to keep asking - they won't bother otherwise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I was quoted 26 to 30 weeks, which would put delivery around June. I don't expect that, I'll be happy if I get it on a 22 plate. A lot of people talk about badgering dealers for delivery information but dealers have no influence over this. At best they can pass on what they are told by VW, and VW probably only know within a 12 week window. So it's best not to think about it too much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I was quoted 26 to 30 weeks, which would put delivery around June. I don't expect that, I'll be happy if I get it on a 22 plate. A lot of people talk about badgering dealers for delivery information but dealers have no influence over this. At best they can pass on what they are told by VW, and VW probably only know within a 12 week window. So it's best not to think about it too much.
Not sure people are badgering dealers for delivery info in the hope it will speed up the process. More to find out info on where their order is in tjlhe process. Seems reasonable. Some people need to think about it as they have may have leases that are expiring etc.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure people are badgering dealers for delivery info in the hope it will speed up the process. More to find out info on where their order is in tjlhe process. Seems reasonable. Some people need to think about it as they have may have leases that are expiring etc.
Agreed, not badgering at all. The fact is that you can only get information about where you car is in the build process from the dealer and if you don’t ask they won’t tell you.

I’d also prefer the dealer to be totally honest, if they don’t know because despite asking VW can’t give them any firm information then tell me that, don’t make up speculative information that you think might make me happy.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well thats my Tiguan R just arrived at the dealers, Just under 6 months from placing the order.

Will pick it up next week and then hopefully have some fun.

Cheers
Steve

Reactions: Yo Quinny

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well thats my Tiguan R just arrived at the dealers, Just under 6 months from placing the order.

Will pick it up next week and then hopefully have some fun.

Cheers
Steve
Wow that's quick! (relatively speaking). Was this a completely new order or one that the dealer already had in the pipeline?

·
Registered
65 Posts
So expecting my new car any day/week. 8 reached out to dealer today to see if it had arrived and I can pick up today before tomorrow's rumoured price increase. Radio silence.

So now I'm thinking, covid is kicking off again and we may be locking down. Do I need a car right now, sitting on my drive, unable to go anywhere. I'm not in a rush to take it, so question to tie collective, what's a reasonable amount of time to request to leave the car sitting at dealers before I go and complete paperwork and pick up? Most certainly I don't need it in Dec, can I request to freeze my purchase to 01 March to benefit from a 22 plate? Unreasonable?

·
Registered
257 Posts
So expecting my new car any day/week. 8 reached out to dealer today to see if it had arrived and I can pick up today before tomorrow's rumoured price increase. Radio silence.

So now I'm thinking, covid is kicking off again and we may be locking down. Do I need a car right now, sitting on my drive, unable to go anywhere. I'm not in a rush to take it, so question to tie collective, what's a reasonable amount of time to request to leave the car sitting at dealers before I go and complete paperwork and pick up? Most certainly I don't need it in Dec, can I request to freeze my purchase to 01 March to benefit from a 22 plate? Unreasonable?
If it's available in a week or two then wait to get it registered on 1st Jan (it is then dated as a 2022 vehicle instead of 2021 and may command a higher re-sale price). Otherwise, anything around late January to February it is best to register it on 1st March to get the actual 22-plate. But really, does it make a difference? If you want the car and intend keeping it a while just get it when you can - probably better on your driveway than getting poked, prodded and collecting dust in some garage backyard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it's available in a week or two then wait to get it registered on 1st Jan (it is then dated as a 2022 vehicle instead of 2021 and may command a higher re-sale price). Otherwise, anything around late January to February it is best to register it on 1st March to get the actual 22-plate. But really, does it make a difference? If you want the car and intend keeping it a while just get it when you can - probably better on your driveway than getting poked, prodded and collecting dust in some garage backyard.

I read on here that you only have a certain amount of time to collect the car from the dealer once its arrived before the price you agreed originally becomes obsolete.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I read on here that you only have a certain amount of time to collect the car from the dealer once its arrived before the price you agreed originally becomes obsolete.
I read a vague something on the’Dec 1st Price Increase’ thread suggesting that the order price would be honoured if the car is collected within 14 days.

Not sure how enforceable that is.

Fortunately when I bought my car I stipulated a condition that if the car is delivered in late Jan or February then I would want it registered on Mar 1st with a 22 plate. Mind you, with the delays I don’t think that will even need to be considered.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Aarmitstead

·
Registered
10 Posts
I read a vague something on the’Dec 1st Price Increase’ thread suggesting that the order price would be honoured if the car is collected within 14 days.

Not sure how enforceable that is.

Fortunately when I bought my car I stipulated a condition that if the car is delivered in late Jan or February then I would want it registered on Mar 1st with a 22 plate. Mind you, with the delays I don’t think that will even need to be considered.

Cheers,

Nigel
Yes, that's what I thought, but the guy asking the question is talking about putting off collection till March, so I'd be sure they would not honour the price! We were told February for delivery when ordered, but I'd guess May might be more realistic now! If then even, so no worries about registration!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow that's quick! (relatively speaking). Was this a completely new order or one that the dealer already had in the pipeline?
New order to my spec placed in mid June 21, so just under 6 months start to finish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I had to take delivery to keep price agreed in June, if I had of delayed to Jan I would get price increase etc.

Reactions: Aarmitstead

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone ordered the car in June and got a good news, please?
We ordered the end of June. Build week has changed constantly (getting further and further away) today was told build week is looking like week 2 (this has been brought forward 7 weeks from my last update) so 🤞🏻

561 - 580 of 580 Posts