Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
601 - 620 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very interestingly just had an update from Drive the deal, and my car apparently has gone from an estimated (stage 10) build week 19/22 to build week 15/22 (again, unconfirmed stage 10).

I won't be getting my hopes up looking at others on here, but was surprised to see an improvement even if only unconfirmed ?
Nice if true.

I experienced something similar but not as clearly defined. I had previously been given a string of build weeks with the latest being 14 (status 10) which would be in April, but last week my dealer called me with an update - he said that it was still at status 10, he hadn’t been given a build week but VW were expecting to build it in March. On paper that is being brought forward without specifying by how much - but as it is still status 10 I won’t be holding my breath.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just out of interest, today (Friday 14th) they are ceasing orders for the ID3. This is to allow them to catchup with orders at the factory. Wonder how far they are behind with the Tiguan as it’s their best selling model worldwide.

Reactions: Aarmitstead

·
Registered
Tiguan 2.0 TDI Dolphin Grey
35 Posts
A boat is due into Grimsby today from Emden so some lucky people will be getting cars soon. After reading how many months it's taking I'm glad I cancelled my June order in October after 20 weeks as it looks like I'd have been waiting nearly a year based on comments on this forum :-o

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just out of interest, today (Friday 14th) they are ceasing orders for the ID3. This is to allow them to catchup with orders at the factory. Wonder how far they are behind with the Tiguan as it’s their best selling model worldwide.
Wow you realise how bad it is when a manufacturer says “please don’t order an EV from us because we simply can’t manage, try Kia instead”.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had an email from VW Fleet today to say all order book for the ID3 and ID4 are closed for 2022. Any orders placed now are being scheduled for 2023 build and delivery. I think the Tiguan won't be far behind. I have a call with VW UK for work purposes next week so will see what the feedback is.

Reactions: SGreen679

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member, have been reading for a while, ordered R Line Tiguan 6th June and still no confirmed build week, been moved about 5 times, most recent build week 3 to 7 which isn’t a large jump so hopefully be confirmed soon

·
Registered
195 Posts
Apparently my car is now getting built. Received this email this morning.
Light Camera lens Font Cameras & optics Screenshot

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boat I think. I was advised around a month ago that provisional build date was week 42. Yesterday that's now slipped to we don't really know because things are changing so quickly. Adding that I'll be lucky to see mine before Christmas so who really knows !
I have just had my car delivered yesterday - 14th Jan. 8.5 months from order to delivery. Hope you get yours soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All, new here.
Waiting on my Tiguan R-line, build status 38- waiting in port of exit Emden.
Was originally due to be delivered before new year and now being told I’ll definitely have handover this month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When did you order?
Originally ordered a Silver car at the start of November, dealer called a couple weeks later offering this Dolphin grey one that was a cancelled order. It has been built since mid December and currently waiting on shipping.
So can’t tell you the original order date I’m afraid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well i found out what the mysterious status V is "
Status V – This means your order has been accepted by the factory but is yet to receive a build date.

The current ETA is May for the vehicles arrival."

interesting few weeks ahead then

·
Registered
96 Posts
@Sootchucker: From Drivethedeal - not the dealer themselves?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes, dealer - JCB Medway

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

been following this thread for a while, we ordered a new r line middle of October 2021, the only
Extra we added was the Vienna leather so the dealer (and us!) were hopeful it might arrive by may/June. Just had an email today from the dealer that our build week is currently week 40, and we should be expecting delivery hopefully this side of Christmas. Just posting to see if anyone else has received this kind of lead time estimate? 14 months!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update from dealer today. 190 R line gone from build week 10 to build week 18 now. Ordered Aug 2021. Status is 10. Will be 9 months+ if it does get built that week. I was prepared to be patient but even I’m starting to get fed up now. But nothing to be done is there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Update from dealer today. 190 R line gone from build week 10 to build week 18 now. Ordered Aug 2021. Status is 10. Will be 9 months+ if it does get built that week. I was prepared to be patient but even I’m starting to get fed up now. But nothing to be done is there.
That’s worrying. My order went in a week after yours. After a succession of slipping build weeks end up at 14 I was last updated (a few weeks ago) that my order was still at status 10 but they no longer being given even a speculative build week but expected it to be built in March. This struck me as strange at the time, the lack of a build week in any guise and that ‘March‘ remark would mean that the build was being brought forward, bucking the trend.

Slipping from 10 to 18 is shocking.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello,

been following this thread for a while, we ordered a new r line middle of October 2021, the only
Extra we added was the Vienna leather so the dealer (and us!) were hopeful it might arrive by may/June. Just had an email today from the dealer that our build week is currently week 40, and we should be expecting delivery hopefully this side of Christmas. Just posting to see if anyone else has received this kind of lead time estimate? 14 months!!
That is very worrying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes it’s quite annoying. As long as I get what I ordered at the price I was given I’ll grizz it out. The dealer sent me a screenshot of their system showing Bw18 and status 10 still so I know they’re telling me what they know. The dealer seems fed up too - I suppose they’re not getting their commission for 8-9 months. I’m worried that at the final moment they’ll spring a surprise on me like option missing or not honouring deal and I’ll be snookered. I’d never buy a VW again but wouldn’t solve my immediate problem of needing a car! They’ve got to build the bloody thing at some point haven’t they?!

601 - 620 of 645 Posts