Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Order tracking

128K views 829 replies 114 participants last post by  theodorehill 
#1 ·
Just in case anyone's car is stuck in the same status on the order tracker, deleting & re-adding it has been the only way to make mine update. Also, the sms notifications haven't worked once... It's now at step 5 - in transit, and it's not updated by itself once!

#6 ·
When I spoke with my dealer a few weeks back he claimed there were significant delays in the shipping of the vehicles and this could take up to 10 weeks.

I have been monitoring other VW forums closely and it appears from those it's taking on average 3 weeks after arriving at Emden.

#7 ·
Tigall18 said:
I had to do the remove car and re-add, and that took the order from stage 3 to 4. However my 5a text arrived yesterday without any further action by me and the online tracker had updated itself to 5 when I looked a few minutes later.
Mine was the same. I have been delete if and adding it every couple of days.

Changed to 4 on Monday after I re-added then 5a text yesterday morning on its own.

#8 ·
You lot are making me really jealous. Mine is now 12 weeks into the order process, and no matter how many times I delete and re-add the car, it's still stuck at Stage 2 "Your order is with the factory" :cry:

#9 ·
Have you got a build week yet from your dealer? We must have ordered around the same time.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Despite what my signature says, mines actually been on order since the 6th March - earlier really, but that's when they took the deposit.

How did you guys get the tracking information, and where do you access it? Despite promises to "keep you informed" I've heard nothing from my dealer, who appears to be a deaf mute!
Cheers

#12 ·
He must be related to my dealer then :D

#13 ·
CUK said:
Despite what my signature says, mines actually been on order since the 6th March - earlier really, but that's when they took the deposit.
How did you guys get the tracking information, and where do you access it?
Despite promises to "keep you informed" I've heard nothing from my dealer, who appears to be a deaf mute!
Cheers
Ask your dealer for the order number and you can enter and track it on myvolkswagen on the VW website.

#17 ·
(said in my best "Life of Brian" voice).. oh what I would give to be at stage 4...

#18 ·
My brief order history, in case of interest:

26 March paid deposit, few days later added three more options, shortly after build week confirmed for week 20, 19 May moved from 4 to 5a, 22 May moved from 5a to 5b, as at yesterday at Emden awaiting ship allocation.

Elegance 2.0 TSI, Nightshade Blue, Vienna leather, Harman Kardon, HUD, TPMS, Winter Pack front & rear.

#21 ·
Tigall18 - My brief order history

Paid deposit early March. Heard sod all since, until today when after pestering dealer (3 email requests) finally got an order number. Check VW website. Order no. not recognised….!
Note from dealer that accompanied the order no. said "may not show anything yet"!

Is that likely, 10 weeks after ordering? I smell something fishy….

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Are you using the UK website? Typical of VW their on-line presence is a bit of a mess! Took me a while to find the right page to input the "Commission Number" this is the link I found that worked
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/

Scroll down the page to the section headed "Your owner and driver services" and click the white "My VW UK" button. You will need to create an account, even if you have one with another VW page that looks very similar to this one. Hopefully this will work. The Comm number should start with 31nnnnnn.

Good luck! I'm stuck on Stage 2 "with the factory"

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Emsworthy. I tried your instructions and it does show no 2 (with factory) using your link. I didn't have to create a new account though, it accepted my existing one. Out of curiosity I then used the same link I used yesterday and it also shows the same status. So my suspicions remain. How does my experience compare to others here?

Nice to see it's actually with VW though….. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.