Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been reading all the posts on here as part of my research for a new vehicle, so thanks for all the help so far. My shortlist for a new vehicle was the following:

1. Peugeot 3008 SUV (New one)
2. Seat Ateca
3. BMW X1
4. Renault Kadjar
5. Volkswagen Tiguan

For various reasons, which I won't bore you with I ruled out four of the five and decided on a VW TIGUAN DIESEL ESTATE 2.0 TDI BMT 150 4MOTION SEL 5DR DSG in white with Keyless entry, rear heated seats, park assist with rear camera. Shopped around and managed to save just over £5,000 off the list price of £33,015.

I have no idea when to expect the vehicle to be delivered as all dealers gave me different time frames from 6 weeks to 18 weeks. Hopefully the vehicle will be built with the rumoured rear USB as one usb in front is a bit poor. The new price list mentions "2 x USB connection, USB charging socket (compatible products only) and Aux-in"

Now the wait begins....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats Paul!

I picked up my Tig 2 weeks ago and love it.

I'm really interested in the rear USB option. Is this included in a particular optional-extra package? I have a similarly spec'd SEL, just without the rear heated seats and only the one USB.

At some point I'm going to take the panel off the back of the armrest to see if the harness for the USB is there. From previous experience playing with and upgrading parts in VWs, I've found that some/most of the time the wiring is already in place. Not sure if anyone here has already tried this?

Any way, enjoy the weeks of impatiently waiting, browsing forums and binge watching videos about your new toy! (it's kinda the best bit, besides picking the car up!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read it in the latest price list under In car entertainment and communications, if this works I have added a screenshot of the page.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Paul....hi again...I can only tell one thing for sure....you will be more than happy and excited with the end result of your choice.
The rest 4 cars in your list have nothing to do with the VW TIGUAN. This one is way above.
Btw which colour are you getting???

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm slightly confused regards the number of USB connections in the Tig, the copy of the Dec 2016 Price & Specifications brochure/pdf above appears to confirm 2 connections referring to the Composition Media System, "2 x USB connection, USB charging socket (compatible products only) and Aux-in". This is the same as the Nov price list. Yet various posts suggest only a single USB connection.

Can anyone recently taken delivery of a vehicle comment & clarify the situation?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Urrrz106 said:
Hi,

Been reading all the posts on here as part of my research for a new vehicle, so thanks for all the help so far. My shortlist for a new vehicle was the following:

1. Peugeot 3008 SUV (New one)
2. Seat Ateca
3. BMW X1
4. Renault Kadjar
5. Volkswagen Tiguan

For various reasons, which I won't bore you with I ruled out four of the five and decided on a VW TIGUAN DIESEL ESTATE 2.0 TDI BMT 150 4MOTION SEL 5DR DSG in white with Keyless entry, rear heated seats, park assist with rear camera. Shopped around and managed to save just over £5,000 off the list price of £33,015.

I have no idea when to expect the vehicle to be delivered as all dealers gave me different time frames from 6 weeks to 18 weeks. Hopefully the vehicle will be built with the rumoured rear USB as one usb in front is a bit poor. The new price list mentions "2 x USB connection, USB charging socket (compatible products only) and Aux-in"

Now the wait begins....
Can I ask how you managed to get £5000 off the list price?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To answer the questions above:
I have ordered my Tiguan in white.

Brochures I have, list one USB in one brochure and two in the other as in the page above.

I spent a longtime getting the exact spec I wanted and trawled around a few dealers to see what was on offer. I then read on these boards about two brokers Motor source Group and Carfile. MSG offers discounts to Military etc...(I am ex Army) also Carfile have good discounts and told me of a little trick with PCP to get the £1,250 discount off on top of there website listed price (basically take the deal and cancel on delivery within 14 days then pay car off in full).

Hope that all makes sense.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yep I'll second motorsource, it's who we used, my full order brought the vehicle in at around 35,500 got it for just under 30,000 after Steve at motorsource did his magic. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure how I missed this before...but the rear USB is clearly shown in the new brochure Picture 5.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Light

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Paul,
Not sure you can always believe the brochure - we had this picture in the dutch brochure from early last year, but the cars in showroom don't have it - I pick up mine on Friday - so will find out. Likewise with Vienna leather - in our config, the storm grey covers all the back seats, but so far everyone I have seen in reality has the middle back seat in black...essentially you get what you find in the car, not always what you think you will find.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I agree and look forward to seeing pictures of your new Tig . Still struggling with the concept that nobody at VW online or dealerships really knows what they are selling.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Couldn't agree more - but then I thought about us looking into every detail of tiguan, studying!rochure pricelists and forums whereas most of them spend their days trying to sell golf's. I know a Damn site more about all the options then my dealer...at least what is printed in the brochure etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts