Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have finally ordered our new tiguan. We eventually went for an R-Line in white after test driving both the SEL and R-Line. We actually preferred the ride on the R-Line than the SEL.

Have added a few options, Dynaudio sound system, keyless entry and auto boot, side scan and 4th year warranty. Got a cracking deal from my local dealer (about 13.5% discount). Also got 2 years free servicing as they were doing the SUV weekend.

Currently R-Lines are on a 20 week delivery, which takes it to about the end of March. Hoping it will arrive before April due to new road tax charges.

Really looking forward to driving her.....its going to be a long 20 weeks.....! :roll:

For the time being, I'm going to enjoy looking and reading about other people's tiguans.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi deaunders70 and welcome to the forum.

My wife recently ordered a 190ps R-Line and it was with interest that I looked into the recent VW SUV promo event to see what if any incentives VW were giving away to which I could only identify the free servicing.

As my wife had recently ordered a 2 year service pack I was was going to quibble with VW to see if her order qualified for the free servicing, however the T&C's stipulated that qualifying orders had to be registered by 31st December. On that basis and as it appears that your Tiguan will not be delivered until the end of March has it been agreed that your order qualifies for free servicing?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi GTD184,
Thank you for the welcome.

I'm not sure about the cut off date, nothing was said that I would not get the free servicing, in fact the dealer brought it up as I had not realised there was a promotion.
To be honest, the chances of getting a new Tiguan before the 31st December date is very remote, the average factory lead time was 11 weeks with the R-line being 20 weeks, and it's only 7 weeks till 1st Jan. Unless people are getting stock ones, therefore I assume they are honouring the offer anyway.
I will however check with my sales rep to see. I'll let you know what he says.
Cheers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think the cut-off date applies to the order date not the day you get the car.... it was clear I wasn't going to get mine this side of the new year but I got the offer too

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that's my assumption too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think that the idea of the promotion incentives of free servicing was to shift stocks of the lesser specced S & SE trim cars. With waiting times of 20 weeks for R-Line VW do not really have to offer incentives although they are welcomed.

I have read through the T&C's and it is stated "Offer available when ordered between October 28th - November 13th and registered by 31st December"
Which could be misinterpreted either way. If your dealer has confirmed you get the free servicing then that is fantastic news but I'm guessing there will be dealers who will insist that the car has to be registered by 31st December to qualify unless the dealer is happy to finance the service pack as a "deal sweetener"!

·
Registered
115 Posts
GTD184 said:
I think that the idea of the promotion incentives of free servicing was to shift stocks of the lesser specced S & SE trim cars. With waiting times of 20 weeks for R-Line VW do not really have to offer incentives although they are welcomed.

I have read through the T&C's and it is stated "Offer available when ordered between October 28th - November 13th and registered by 31st December"
Which could be misinterpreted either way. If your dealer has confirmed you get the free servicing then that is fantastic news but I'm guessing there will be dealers who will insist that the car has to be registered by 31st December to qualify unless the dealer is happy to finance the service pack as a "deal sweetener"!
mine was ordered in Sept, due to be registered on 23rd Dec.. (is the registered date likely be the delivery date?)
do I qualify for the 2 year free servicing? it would make a difference for me :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
hmrc804 said:
GTD184 said:

mine was ordered in Sept, due to be registered on 23rd Dec.. (is the registered date likely be the delivery date?)
do I qualify for the 2 year free servicing? it would make a difference for me :)
hmrc804 I would speak to your dealer. The free servicing promotion was between the dates indicated so I would expect the "stealers" to enforce it!.....you can only ask :idea:

BTW does your forum pseudo "hmrc" by any chance relate to government HMRC? :|

1 - 9 of 9 Posts