Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having ordered a new car for a while I just wondered what the order process is and how often it gets updated.

I ordered my car a week ago, and the app says with the factory. What/when is the next stage and how does it go from there generally?

Is the estimated 12 weeks from order date about right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered our R-Line on Nov12th last year and still waiting for a confirmed build date, currently says 'with the factory'. R-Line bumpers have been in short supply but I think from what is being said on here that this is now sorted. May depend on what sec you ordered

·
Registered
57 Posts
From reviewing various comments on here, quickest for a factory order looks to be about 10 weeks, whereas most (non R Line!) seem to be in the 12-16 week range. Mine is probably going to be around 12 weeks, 8th Jan order, week 10 build (6th March - still to be confirmed) so late March/early April delivery is what I am going on.

HTH

Kevin

·
Registered
157 Posts
The app will move to the next stage (Build Week Confirmed) when you are 4 weeks away from the car being built.

R Lines have suffered quite a delay as E-bee has mentioned. What spec did you order?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Depends what you have ordered?

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is what Vw say about the process -

Once your order has been confirmed, a build week will be allocated. Once the build week has been confirmed, we allow the factory two weeks to build your vehicle. We do not have a timescale for confirmation of build weeks. They usually are confirmed nearer to the time. This date can go back or forward in date.

Once your vehicle is built, it goes in a transit from the factory to the Port of Exit (Emden) in Germany. This can take up to 7 working days. Once your vehicle arrives at the Port of Exit, it can stay there for up to 10 - 15 working days and is allocated a ship. Once allocated a ship, the journey on the ship can take up to 7 working days before it arrives in the UK. Once the vehicle arrives in the UK, it can take 48 working hours to unload the vehicle of the ship. It will remain in compound for 12 working hours and it can then take 5-7 working days to arrive at your Retailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts