Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the mess chip shortage has caused, i've created this thread so people that have ordered after 1st May '21 or want to order now, can have some indications of what to expect. Please compile the date ordered, model ordered (with what extras if possible), build date provisional or final, and in case you 're one of the few lucky ones, date collected.

Date ordered: 27 August
Model ordered: Tig 2.0TSI 245hp R line no extras.
Build date: no build date yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ordered 19 August
Elegance 1.5 TSI (options: Driver Assistance Plus, space-saver spare)
No info on dates yet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Date ordered: 21st August
Model ordered: Tig 1.5TSI 150hp R line, Reflex Silver, IQ Matrix lights, Area view camera, heated rear seats, keyless entry/start & electric tailgate and running boards.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ordered: 5th August. Requested delivery: January 2022.
Model ordered: Active 1.5TSI 150PS (several options/spec as below).
Advised build date: November 2021.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tiguan R ordered 11 May 21 delivered 17 Aug 21

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tiguan R 320 ordered 28th July,initial delivery given as mid December but latest update estimated build week 49.

Dolphin grey,Pan roof,Nav pro,Heated windshield, Nappa leather,Area view camera,HUD,Harmon kardon,Heated rear seats and Wireless charging.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Elegance 1.5 petrol,DSG, dolphin grey,space saver spare, storm grey interior and driver assist plus. Ordered start of September quoted 24 weeks, heard nothing since order placed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ordered Sept 15Th. R Line 2.0 TDI 4Motion 200PS DSG in Nightshade Blue, pan roof, leather seats, Discovery Pro, keyless entry with boot opening, swivel Towbar, tyre pressure monitor, space saver spare wheel, running boards and IQ dynamic lights.

Current build week 2, 2022 🤞

·
Registered
Tiguan 2.0 TDI Dolphin Grey
32 Posts
As per my signature.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Phil_B said:
R-Line 190PS with HUD. Ordered 14 Aug. Was told provisional build week 46 but am now sceptical. Dealer isn't being helpful.
I ordered a 190PS Elegance on 30th Aug and was told Mar/Apr 2022. About two weeks earlier I was told I could have it early Dec 2021. I was also told I could have 150PS about the end of the year but the 190PS engines are much later in the schedule.

I also looked at a Golf GTI - when they put the offer together they said I could have it early Dec. I decided not to proceed and was later told that the estimated dates had slipped back to week 21 2022.

From what I have read about orders being made in April being pushed back I even have doubts about the Mar 2022 estimate.

I will let it run but may decide not to proceed if it slips too much. The original idea was to get a car before my current PCP expires in Dec - that isn't going to happen now and because there is a fair amount of equity in my car I will now feel forced into buying it. That changes the dynamics, it is still a good car with very low mileage because of Covid so I may decide to just hang onto it if the Tiguan drags on too much.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Date ordered: 28th sept
Model ordered: Tig ehybrid R line, Dolphine grey , IQ Matrix lights, Area view camera, keyless entry/start & electric tailgate and running boards, panoramic roof & discover media pro.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered 30th March
22nd July email "your new VW is being built now"
7th Aug email "we are almost done"
28th Sep email "your car is still in production and may take longer than anticipated"
Dealer won't return my calls & the VW chat function don't know any more.
I have no idea when it'll ship or be delivered.

Is anyone actually taking any deliveries, or is the entire production line at a stand still?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The factory ran 1 shift on 1 line on 2nd October then all lines were shut down for the next 2 weeks with no cars being produced due to severe lack of components.
This was to be reviewed for the remaining 2 weeks in October.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Timbo said:
Ordered Sept 15Th. R Line 2.0 TDI 4Motion 200PS DSG in Nightshade Blue, pan roof, leather seats, Discovery Pro, keyless entry with boot opening, swivel Towbar, tyre pressure monitor, space saver spare wheel, running boards and IQ dynamic lights.

Current build week 2, 2022 🤞
Ordered Aug 30th, Elegance 2.0 Petrol. Told at order that there were delays so build would be Week 02 2022, now suggesting build will be Week 12 2022 but that is not confirmed - just a guess in my opinion with what sounds like a massive backlog and no production to speak of at the moment the delivery date will only get worse.

At the moment suggesting 9 months from the point of order (at best) for delivery.

Speaking to the dealer tomorrow afternoon to negotiate my options.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Better get thinking about my next one in June then as my lease ends in March 23

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On my way to work everyday, i get by a VW dealer which has a huge parking full of VWs/audis waiting to be prepared/delivered. Until mid July there were dozens of Tiguan Rlines plus various other models but the majority were Tig R-lines . From September i have seen not more than a couple of Tig Rlines plus some lower spec ones and the parking is literally full ot T -Rocs. I think this speaks tons about the delays.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts