Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
2001 - 2020 of 2338 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
eaxctly and quite right to have it to what you want i added the easy open close pack as i wanted keyless , still not sure what it does apart from that mind you lmao :D
I am sure they are keyless without the electric tailgate, think it’s just the way they describe the options and add the standard option description in as well

someone without keyless please correct me if I am wrong.

id actually consider not being keyless a feature and I’d be happy with that personally havinga few keyless cars.

Reactions: dannymidd1

·
Registered
256 Posts
I hope I haven't offended anyone on here,I certainly have not meant to if I have and dont think I'm any better than anyone else for spending more on a car than some.
Only condition for me is buying things with that bit more kick,I'd be delighted if that was the cheapest option.
Maybe I'm more fond of going to the petrol station than the rest of you.
Don’t be silly not offended anyone, get what you can afford, happy for you. :) I’ve had a fair few performance cars and if I was in a more comfortable situation and didn’t have a ton of other priorities to sort first and foremost I’d be in something stupidly fast. Maybe next car, maybe not, all a personal choice, anyone who has a problem with someone else because if personal choice is def not mature enough for the time of day. Think we are a pretty mature and sensible group here from what I’ve seen so far. x

·
Registered
615 Posts
I hope I haven't offended anyone on here,I certainly have not meant to if I have and dont think I'm any better than anyone else for spending more on a car than some.
Only condition for me is buying things with that bit more kick,I'd be delighted if that was the cheapest option.
Maybe I'm more fond of going to the petrol station than the rest of you.
Not at all I'm pleased for you.

I'm pissed off that my car is taking so long but I'm really pleased whenever I hear someone has got a car delivered even if it has been quicker than mine. Two reasons - I'd not wish ill on anyone and also at least it shows that VW are at least making something so I can still hope that mine will arrive one day.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Aid7072 and A1VWD

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am sure they are keyless without the electric tailgate, think it’s just the way they describe the options and add the standard option description in as well

someone without keyless please correct me if I am wrong.

id actually consider not being keyless a feature and I’d be happy with that personally havinga few keyless cars.
this will be my first keyless car and the first with an e hand brake so a lot to get used to , i might go off keyless after this one lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
this will be my first keyless car and the first with an e hand brake so a lot to get used to , i might go off keyless after this one lol
I'll try not to make any more jokes........ :devilish:

Anyway, I'm not that keen on keyless, although what I've never had I shan't miss. My Passat was my first EPB which I didn't like but I guess I've got used to it so maybe keyless will be the same. But, my Life hasn't got keyless so that's good.... I would have liked those IQ LED Matrix headlights and those fancy rears though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked up my Tiguan R this afternoon and really pleased with it. I’ve always bought Audi, last car Q5 S Line. The Tiguan drives better than the Q5 although the Audi is a better built inside.

It’s not a snobbery think with me, I hardly drink or smoke but like nice cars, but as we all do, i work hard for what I’ve got, everyone’s financial/personal circumstances are different.

Back to the car, I’ve seen some of the new list price Tiguans (R Line) are now with added extras which used to be standard are now over 40k. If your having to pay that kind of price now I would say that if you went that extra wee push and bought an R you wouldn’t be dissapointed…. Looks & drives great..

·
Registered
Ordered 9th August 2021: Tiguan R-line 1.5 TSI w/ keyless and electric tailgate
26 Posts
Anyone had an update from their dealer this month? Still waiting for mine. Really hope for good news.

Ordered start of August. Last month it was unconfirmed build week 26 ( week commencing the 27th of June).

·
Registered
236 Posts
First keyless for me too. Not a fan and mostly use the fob and touch to disable it. Would turn it off if there was an option in the MMI. The e handbrake has its pros and cons. Third car I’ve had with it so quite used to it
If I was ordering today it would be the R as the price rises have taken being sensible out of the equation!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Back to the car, I’ve seen some of the new list price Tiguans (R Line) are now with added extras which used to be standard are now over 40k. If your having to pay that kind of price now I would say that if you went that extra wee push and bought an R you wouldn’t be dissapointed…. Looks & drives great..
To be honest I’m not sure what I would do if buying today. If you go for a 190 Elegance or R-Line you will be paying luxury tax, it is unavoidable now. So they definitely fall into the ‘in for a penny, in for a pound’ category. So I guess I would be looking at what else I could get over £40k or compromising my engine choice and dropping down to a 150.

The Tiguan R is still almost £10k more than the R-Line for standard builds but depends on what options you would need to put on the R-Line.

When I was looking 190 Elegance I figured that the R was almost £12k more because I was confident (at the time) that my choice would not be subject to luxury tax. So at the time there is no way I would have gone for the R. What would I do now, hard to say, the R is still a lot extra.

Personally, I think if I could role back time I would have gone with the same spec but with the 150 TSI rather than the 190 TSI. In fact, if VW approached me today and said “look, the 190 drivetrain is a problem, you can stick with it but you won’t get your car until 2023 but you could change to a 150PS and have it in August” I would be sorely tempted.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
236 Posts
To be honest I’m not sure what I would do if buying today. If you go for a 190 Elegance or R-Line you will be paying luxury tax, it is unavoidable now. So they definitely fall into the ‘in for a penny, in for a pound’ category. So I guess I would be looking at what else I could get over £40k or compromising my engine choice and dropping down to a 150.

The Tiguan R is still almost £10k more than the R-Line for standard builds but depends on what options you would need to put on the R-Line.

When I was looking 190 Elegance I figured that the R was almost £12k more because I was confident (at the time) that my choice would not be subject to luxury tax. So at the time there is no way I would have gone for the R. What would I do now, hard to say, the R is still a lot extra.

Personally, I think if I could role back time I would have gone with the same spec but with the 150 TSI rather than the 190 TSI. In fact, if VW approached me today and said “look, the 190 drivetrain is a problem, you can stick with it but you won’t get your car until 2023 but you could change to a 150PS and have it in August” I would be sorely tempted.

Cheers,

Nigel
Test drove the 150 and was 90% happy with it, just didn’t quite do it for me on the motorway (purely a personal thing as it is capable). So choice was 190, 235 or R. 235 was well in to the in for a penny, so ruled out after I got a price on it. R was a very close call, but after having an S3, I knew I didn’t need it. So sensible head and under £40k it was(n’t!!). Also looked at the RSQ3 but Audi were obviously keen not to keep me as a customer!!
For those that have had keyless for a while, how long does it take before you stop getting in to the car with the key in your right hand?! Just done it again this morning 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
638 Posts
Test drove the 150 and was 90% happy with it, just didn’t quite do it for me on the motorway (purely a personal thing as it is capable). So choice was 190, 235 or R. 235 was well in to the in for a penny, so ruled out after I got a price on it. R was a very close call, but after having an S3, I knew I didn’t need it. So sensible head and under £40k it was(n’t!!). Also looked at the RSQ3 but Audi were obviously keen not to keep me as a customer!!
For those that have had keyless for a while, how long does it take before you stop getting in to the car with the key in your right hand?! Just done it again this morning 🤦‍♂️
Just to trigger a few people from my previous comments and out the rubbish key….

How many times have you flipped the key out even though it’s pointless 😂

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just to trigger a few people from my previous comments and out the rubbish key….

I still occasionally flip it out as I get in the car and reach to stick it in the ignition 🤣🤣

·
Registered
615 Posts
These are the reasons I went with the 190.

• My current car is a 190 BMW 3 series. I'm not expecting the 190 Tiguan to drive as well but at the same time I was worried about going with a car that was significantly less powered than I am used to
  • My wife has a Nissan Leaf (just a 40, not even the higher powered 64) and it will beat my BMW off the blocks but the BMW wins at higher speeds and trounces it on range. We use the Leaf for local trips and I was worried that when swapping between the cars the Leaf would feel much higher performance
I appreciate that they are different cars and they are going to feel different whatever but I was worried about too much disparity.

Ideally I would have tested the 150 and 190 in the Elegance and R-Trims but the only thing any dealer could offer at the time for a test drive was a 150 Life.

I was pleasantly surprised, it was certainly more sprightly than I was expecting and I was torn between saving some coin (even more had I known that the 190 would end up a luxury car) and the unknown of the 190. In the end I decided to play it safe and went with the 190.

Had I been able to test both, who knows which I would have gone for.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
615 Posts

Funny (well fairly funny) story. Back in the noughties I had a succession of Golfs as company cars. I was working on the Eurofighter Typhoon project so I did frequent business trips to Munich. On one occasion I was leaving Munich, I'd put my jacket on the x-ray conveyor when I was pulled aside by an official. Their English wasn't great but eventually I figured out they were accusing me of carrying a knife. I kept denying it but they were insistent and made me empty the pockets. The source of the confusion - you've guessed it - the bloomin VW Golf key which they took to be a penknife on the X-Ray screen. This was Germany, you'd have thought that they had seen VW keys before.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
188 Posts
ha ha ha i think i will be doing the same for a long time and trying to put the key in the ignition :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone had an update from their dealer this month? Still waiting for mine. Really hope for good news.

Ordered start of August. Last month it was unconfirmed build week 26 ( week commencing the 27th of June).
Dealer rang me yesterday after I sent an email asking if there’s been any improvement from ordering last October and expected delivery this October and they said nothing has change regards the 12 month wait but VW tell them as much about delivery dates as they tell us so they could get a call at anytime between now and then.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I ordered 2.0tdi r line early July last year and I got unconfirmed build date of week 25 which is 20th June. This has changed 3 times so I’m not holding out much hope… 😊

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was underwhelmed with my 1.5 150 until I hit 1500miles, thought I had made a mistake. But now it seems to have loosened up and seems have picked it’s feet up. Very impressed with it now. For those that have ordered one, bear with it until it has run itself in.

Reactions: A1VWD and CUK
2001 - 2020 of 2338 Posts