Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
2881 - 2900 of 3237 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
has anyone checked their credit file whilst waiting on your car, today i found 2 hard searches by VWFS, one in Nov last year when i put my order in and again in Feb, both hard searches, just spoken with AutoEbid and they advise that VW do a soft search every 3 months until the car is delivered (although mine are defo hard searches and if it was every 3 months there would be one for last month, so both points incorrect)
I haven’t had any searches carried out since we ordered in April.

I did weirdly just receive an email from VWFS…..

suggesting I open an online account…. for my current car 😂

got so excited

Reactions: nheather

·
Registered
Ordered 9th August 2021: Tiguan R-line 1.5 TSI w/ keyless and electric tailgate
32 Posts
has anyone checked their credit file whilst waiting on your car, today i found 2 hard searches by VWFS, one in Nov last year when i put my order in and again in Feb, both hard searches, just spoken with AutoEbid and they advise that VW do a soft search every 3 months until the car is delivered (although mine are defo hard searches and if it was every 3 months there would be one for last month, so both points incorrect)
Not noticed any recent credit searches. Maybe there was one done when I reserved but that was so long ago! :cautious:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had another update out of the blue from my dealer, last one was only Wednesday last week.

My eHybrid is still status 10 but moved forward again to build week 35! 🤓

So was 46, 39 now 35. Let hope they shave a few more weeks off when it reaches status 20. Ordered October 2021

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, does anybody know if MY23 changes have upgraded the charging rate on eHybrid?

Currently I think it's 3.6 kW max charge rate with wall box, taking approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes. Was hoping they would up it to 7.4 kW like many other PHEVs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also, does anybody know if MY23 changes have upgraded the charging rate on eHybrid?

Currently I think it's 3.6 kW max charge rate with wall box, taking approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes. Was hoping they would up it to 7.4 kW like many other PHEVs
I was told they had not changed anything except the USB ports! The eHybrid design is getting quite old now - it has not changed since it was introduced in 2015 - still the 1.4 tsi engine. So yes, it should be upgraded with more battery capacity (perfectly possible with denser cells available now), a 7.2kW charger and the latest 1.5 tsi e engine, but none of those things are happening with this invisible revision. There are rumours that the 2023 Caddy will have a 1.5tsi development of the eHybrid design, there is no firm announcement.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just had another update out of the blue from my dealer, last one was only Wednesday last week.

So was 46, 39 now 35. Let hope they shave a few more weeks off when it reaches status 20. Ordered October 2021
Let’s hope things are starting to move for the hybrids, alas I haven’t had an update yet! I ordered 1 month before you, I am hoping they are batch manufacturing! There is another hybrid order on the spreadsheet that states confirmed build date so fingers crossed!! I have been at unconfirmed week 35 for around 3 months

·
Registered
880 Posts
I feel like this facelift of the Tiguan is mostly cosmetic for example the R line has different headlights, wheels and R line logo. Internally the changes are very very minimal and as little as they could have got away with to keep it a bit fresh.

I suspect it’s because the MK3 Tiggy will be considerably different internally and possibly externally (I notice Skoda and Seat suv now have an infotainment screen not built Into the dash for example

Reactions: realroadrunner

·
Registered
90 Posts
I feel like this facelift of the Tiguan is mostly cosmetic for example the R line has different headlights, wheels and R line logo. Internally the changes are very very minimal and as little as they could have got away with to keep it a bit fresh.

I suspect it’s because the MK3 Tiggy will be considerably different internally and possibly externally (I notice Skoda and Seat suv now have an infotainment screen not built Into the dash for example
Yeah the info screen on the golf is great, so much better than the Passat which is basically the same as the Tiguan, I am hoping they haven’t got the golf’s dodgy steering wheel!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah the info screen on the golf is great, so much better than the Passat which is basically the same as the Tiguan, I am hoping they haven’t got the golf’s dodgy steering wheel!
What’s dodgy about it? The R line has capacitive buttons on the steering wheel which everyone hates 😂

·
Registered
239 Posts
That’s it! You turn the wheel and brush a button and you either put on the heated steering wheel or change the radio! I so prefer the proper button version
I have both a Golf R and Tiguan R and in the many hours of driving think I have managed to press buttons accidentally twice since they require more than brushing against to activate,it is not an issue whatsoever and other owners I know with the same steering wheel agree.
In my opinion this was something people doing the reviews blew out of proportion,had they got to know the vehicle properly they would not have found it an issue.
I use the buttons on the steering wheel regularly and find them a good addition with minimal fuss.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have both a Golf R and Tiguan R and in the many hours of driving think I have managed to press buttons accidentally twice since they require more than brushing against to activate,it is not an issue whatsoever and other owners I know with the same steering wheel agree.
In my opinion this was something people doing the reviews blew out of proportion,had they got to know the vehicle properly they would not have found it an issue.
I use the buttons on the steering wheel regularly and find them a good addition with minimal fuss.
I much prefer the look of the touch buttons over the physical ones. Haven’t actually used them though. Do they give feedback when pressed?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I much prefer the look of the touch buttons over the physical ones. Haven’t actually used them though. Do they give feedback when pressed?
Yeah you know when you have pressed them,you feel a slight click/pop and for things like steering wheel heating I press it more firmly the required number of times for the heat level required.
It took my wife a little getting used to coming from a BMW where the volume buttons were on the right of the wheel whereas they are on the left on the VWs we have.
She is happy with them and wouldn't be slow to complain if she were accidentally pressing them,we both got used to them pretty quick and now use them regularly.
I'm with you in the way the touch buttons look better,have discover nav pro so no raised knobs/buttons on that either.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah you know when you have pressed them,you feel a slight click/pop and for things like steering wheel heating I press it more firmly the required number of times for the heat level required.
It took my wife a little getting used to coming from a BMW where the volume buttons were on the right of the wheel whereas they are on the left on the VWs we have.
She is happy with them and wouldn't be slow to complain if she were accidentally pressing them,we both got used to them pretty quick and now use them regularly.
I'm with you in the way the touch buttons look better,have discover nav pro so no raised knobs/buttons on that either.
Oh bet that looks wicked with the nav pro too!

Reactions: Aid7072

·
Registered
42 Posts

I’ve emailed my dealer for an update this morning. I last contacted him start of May when he told me he hadn’t realised all the hybrids had gone back to 0. See what he says this time!

·
Registered
255 Posts

No changes to the MY23 spec. I think it will change at some point in the next couple of years though. I read a couple of months back that the EU have changed rules regarding hybrid minimum autonomous range. In order to qualify for tax subsidies the range will increase to 60km from 2023 and then change again in 2025 to 80km. So this will need a different battery and probably 7kw charging.

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've used both steering wheels. Proper buttons on my Elegance and the capacitative ones on an ID3. Personally, I didn't like the capacitative ones, much prefer the proper buttons on the Elegance steering wheel.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I've used both steering wheels. Proper buttons on my Elegance and the capacitative ones on an ID3. Personally, I didn't like the capacitative ones, much prefer the proper buttons on the Elegance steering wheel.
I’m getting an Elegance so will have proper buttons. I initially looked at the R-Line and I must admit, my initial thought was I would not like the haptic buttons - VW couldn’t offer a test drive in a suitable Tiguan but were able to show me haptic buttons in a Golf and to be honest they were okay. Probably still prefer physical buttons but if I had to have haptic buttons then it wouldn’t be a show stopper.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
90 Posts
In your opinion as my comment was to my opinion! I have had several loan cars whilst waiting for my Tiguan and the system on the golf isn’t great, if you have only accidentally pressed buttons on a few occasions I need to k ow how you hold the wheel as I must be doing something wrong? Yes I really do like the look better but currently I am in a Passat gte and the steering wheel has proper buttons and seems so much more responsive and as yet I haven’t accidental Turn anything off, on or over!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I hold the steering wheel at the top,bottom occasionally or the 10 and 2 position meaning I am nowhere near the buttons to accidentally catch them,they are not raised or over sensitive and in my opinion easy to live with.

People need to give them chance and may find they are easy to live with and yes the plus is the wheel definitely looks better than ones I've had in previous VWs.

All opinions of course but me and others I know do not find them an issue once you get used to them.

2881 - 2900 of 3237 Posts