Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
2901 - 2920 of 3239 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
The latest cryptic response to an update on my order placed 07/03/22.

Your order today isn’t currently showing an estimated unconfirmed build week, the factory are making model year changes, this happens around the half way point in the year, during the second half of the year the factory will be building vehicles to 2023 model year, looking at the Tiguans we have on order some are waiting for the factory to progress across to 2023 model year, yours has, but is waiting for the factory to progress back into an estimated build week.

Could someone please confirm their take on this, the double negatives are making me confused!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hold the steering wheel at the top,bottom occasionally or the 10 and 2 position meaning I am nowhere near the buttons to accidentally catch them,they are not raised or over sensitive and in my opinion easy to live with.

People need to give them chance and may find they are easy to live with and yes the plus is the wheel definitely looks better than ones I've had in previous VWs.

All opinions of course but me and others I know do not find them an issue once you get used to them.
I agree totally, I test drove an R Line and the buttons weren’t an issue. My normal position to hold steering wheel is quarter to three, no issue as far as I can remember. Will be interesting to see when I get the car. Journalists tend to overreact on most things that the everyday person would not be bothered about in my opinion.

·
Registered
255 Posts
"Your order today isn’t currently showing an estimated unconfirmed build week," = your order is not showing a build week. (confirmed or unconfirmed)

"some are waiting for the factory to progress across to 2023 model year, yours has," = your order has progressed to MY23 model.

"but is waiting for the factory to progress back into an estimated build week." = You are waiting for a build week.

Net result is that your model will be MY23 but there is no build date. TBH I would forget about it until at least October/November.

Reactions: leehal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had another update out of the blue from my dealer, last one was only Wednesday last week.

My eHybrid is still status 10 but moved forward again to build week 35! 🤓

So was 46, 39 now 35. Let hope they shave a few more weeks off when it reaches status 20. Ordered October 2021
First post, ordered Tiguan Life PHEV DSG in Oct 2021, confirmed built week 14. Car is now built and at port awaiting shipment to the UK. ETA to the dealership is approximately 4 weeks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
9 months for a PHEV - bucking the trend. Not sure if it's my imagination, but I reckon Life models seem to be being completed earlier than most other models. Maybe because they are no longer available VW want to clear the decks?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I agree totally, I test drove an R Line and the buttons weren’t an issue. My normal position to hold steering wheel is quarter to three, no issue as far as I can remember. Will be interesting to see when I get the car. Journalists tend to overreact on most things that the everyday person would not be bothered about in my opinion.
Absolutely spot on(y)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just steer with my knees …. Problem solved….

I too watched a review where they spent the whole review crying over the touch heating controls.. I get it, give your opinion but move on to the rest of the car 😂

Reactions: MartinAbdn

·
Registered
32 Posts
First post, ordered Tiguan Life PHEV DSG in Oct 2021, confirmed built week 14. Car is now built and at port awaiting shipment to the UK. ETA to the dealership is approximately 4 weeks.
So they can build an eHybrid Life in 9 months.
They can build 1.5 tsi R-lines.
But my eHybrid R-line will be 14 months 🤔 - they are laughing at us

Reactions: realroadrunner

·
Registered
880 Posts
So they can build an eHybrid Life in 9 months.
They can build 1.5 tsi R-lines.
But my eHybrid R-line will be 14 months 🤔 - they are laughing at us
Don’t feel too bad…. My 1.5 R line must be pushing 15 months now…. And probably another month until it’s here

·
Registered
9 Posts
That sounds good mate, did you have an optional extras on yours?

I was a bit concerned that by the time I get the car (hopefully at the end of the year) that they will announce a new Hybrid with a larger battery/increased range and increased charging rate.

I recall seeing an article last year that they would look to increase battery capacity/range in all their Hybrid models soon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If I drive properly, no issues. If i was being lazy and driving twenty past eight, then I would occasionally catch the heated steering wheel button as I turned corners with the heal of my palm. Of course I would never ever drive that way 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: Blakey

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just steer with my knees …. Problem solved….

I too watched a review where they spent the whole review crying over the touch heating controls.. I get it, give your opinion but move on to the rest of the car 😂
I don’t use my hands or legs, people call me clever dick :)

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sounds good mate, did you have an optional extras on yours?

I was a bit concerned that by the time I get the car (hopefully at the end of the year) that they will announce a new Hybrid with a larger battery/increased range and increased charging rate.

I recall seeing an article last year that they would look to increase battery capacity/range in all their Hybrid models soon.

No extras just bogged standard life in nightshade blue, got a good deal from a leasing company

·
Registered
48 Posts
From BW 28 to Status 00 now Status 10 BW 40 for order placed in August 2021. I’m on the verge of just giving up now. Things likely to go south with gas in Germany over winter which will see probably indefinite delays it’s rapidly becoming pointless waiting. 15-16 month lead time if we are lucky. Ridiculous. Was within 4 weeks of my last status 10 BW really hoped we’d get over the line.

2901 - 2920 of 3239 Posts