Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
2921 - 2940 of 3237 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
From BW 28 to Status 00 now Status 10 BW 40 for order placed in August 2021. I’m on the verge of just giving up now. Things likely to go south with gas in Germany over winter which will see probably indefinite delays it’s rapidly becoming pointless waiting. 15-16 month lead time if we are lucky. Ridiculous. Was within 4 weeks of my last status 10 BW really hoped we’d get over the line.
What do you have on order spec wise. I ordered in march this year and oddly have a sooner provisional than you now. Provisionals make little to no sense, pretty much useless info it seems..

·
Registered
48 Posts
RLine 190PS standard white with HUD and TPMS. In hands in air point at the moment. If I knew I just had to be patient I’d be okay but I’m not optimistic about German production this winter.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My Tiguan R Line in Black - 1.5 DSG is finally arriving on Thursday. It was a confirmed build week 12 car. Landed in the UK a couple of weeks ago - just got the reg plate. Praise the lord 🙏🏻
Congrats mate! Is the weeks delay your choosing? I’m wonder if they’re backed up with the whole deliveries at the moment

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes, it is R-line with black style design. Yesterday had a first 300 km trip and really liked the car. 🙂
Looks very nice!

I wonder if you can buy the black bits separately as I think it looks much better without the chrome

Reactions: Mindaugas92

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have been looking at alternatives. Dealer sent me a system screenshot of an Arteon - status 70 original BW 14 with eventual BW of 17 (the same year I should say). It’s basically my Tiguan spec in a different shape and my Tiguan order has gone from status 10 BW 2 to BW 40. There’s something going on here isn’t there. Same RLine. Same engine and transmission. The only thing making me hesitate is my wife is adamant she won’t drive a car that long 🙄🙄🙄🙄

·
Registered
880 Posts
Have been looking at alternatives. Dealer sent me a system screenshot of an Arteon - status 70 original BW 14 with eventual BW of 17 (the same year I should say). It’s basically my Tiguan spec in a different shape and my Tiguan order has gone from status 10 BW 2 to BW 40. There’s something going on here isn’t there. Same RLine. Same engine and transmission. The only thing making me hesitate is my wife is adamant she won’t drive a car that long 🙄🙄🙄🙄
How does it compare price wise ?

·
Registered
2018 Silver R-Line 2.0TDI 190. Leather, Heated screen, phone charger, side scan.
73 Posts
Latest email full of excuses from VW.

Hello James,

I recently wrote to you about the order which you have placed with us and explained how your delivery was impacted by the extended lead times we are experiencing for some of our models.

The situation is due in large part to the global shortage of semi-conductor chips and this continues to cause major disruption to supply chains for many car manufacturers. Semi-conductors are vital to any modern car, with one car alone containing hundreds of chips and this is at a time when demand is also high.

In addition, the situation in Ukraine is further disrupting the supply of certain components. While our primary concern is for the people in the region, we are working hard to establish alternative supply lines for these critical components and mitigate any additional impact on vehicle production.

Please be assured, your Retailer monitors your order on a regular basis and will be in touch as soon as there are delivery updates, while we continue to liaise closely between our factories and our Retailers to ensure they always have the most up-to-date information. They are also ready to assist should the extended lead time cause problems, for example with routine servicing and maintenance, MOT tests or finance. In closing, please be assured we and your Retailer are committed to working with you to provide support and to do all we can to have your new Volkswagen with you as soon as possible. We are sure it will be worth the wait.

Yours sincerely Rod McLeod
Director of Volkswagen UK

2921 - 2940 of 3237 Posts