Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my R-line 1.5 in the 1st week of September and was told at the time it will be ready for collection in March.
I haven’t heard a word from my dealer since I placed my order so I thought I would go in today to get an update.
Well my build week is 17 1st of May and that still isn’t confirmed. So I thought ok then there’s a chance I might get it in June. He said more likely July/Aug and possibly into Sept.
So if that is true so nearly a year 😔.
Just wish my dealer would have kept me update. If I didn’t go in today how long before he would have contacted me. Wait I can handle it’s just the not knowing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm taking it with a big dollop of salt - my dealer just telephoned me with a status update. Previously I had been told Status = 10, Build Week = unconfirmed 14. The new update is Status = 10, no build week but expecting it to go into build in March.

I appreciate that this is really still 'no information' but what I find interesting is that previously I'd been given an unconfirmed April (albeit early April) as the build week and now it is an unconfirmed March.

Make of that what you will.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi, I notice that you have mudflaps fitted front and rear as well as the running boards. Where did you buy the mudflats from? I have just taken delivery of my Tiguan and the supply or not of mudflaps has been an issue I have yet to resolve. Many thanks Nigel
I don't know where he got his but if you don't mind buying from China try these for the R Line:

Or, if you want genuine VW Front mudflaps for the R Line try searching for part number 5NA075111A on LLLParts which are cheaper than from VW (it says Allspace but it is the same part number for both) - I'm not sure about rear mudflaps though: https://www.lllparts.co.uk/category/car-parts/search/5NA075111A

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good news. I don't believe VW were building and parking, I know GM were doing that and running through final assembly again, but I could be wrong.

Dealers get individual allocation of build slots on monthly basis and once they are full they have to wait for the next release of slots so can order at the same time as you and have a completely different build date.
My understanding of Tiguan availability is that DSG boxes are the primary holdup (but not the only issue). My dealer told me 6 months and I'm still expecting a car in June unless I hear different.
There must have been some building and parking as a Golf I have ordered went into build on week 36 (6th Sep) and I'm still waiting on it to be delivered. Estimated this month (January) I've been told - 4 months after build week!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know where he got his but if you don't mind buying from China try these for the R Line:

Or, if you want genuine VW Front mudflaps for the R Line try searching for part number 5NA075111A on LLLParts which are cheaper than from VW (it says Allspace but it is the same part number for both) - I'm not sure about rear mudflaps though: https://www.lllparts.co.uk/category/car-parts/search/5NA075111A
Hi, Many thanks for the info. VW state they do not make Rear mudflaps for the Tiguan R-Line hence I have been seeking an alternative so that I can have a matching Front and Rear set. I will probably go for the ones from China, the fitting of these has been demonstrated in several Youtube videos.
Kind regards

Nigel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just been emailed that I’m now unconfirmed week 14 instead of 10. It’ll just keep moving at this rate.

Roughy how long will it take from build to delivery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
predicted week come forward 5 weeks today to week 8 - then 6 weeks to arrive

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered on the 9th September the r line ehybrid with the towing extras my expected date has been the end of Feb since day one!
Mine has been ordered through LEX I am hoping for that date!

Hey

New here.

I ordered a new 1.4 Hybrid R-Line (with options) on the 30th November. I'm finding it really hard to work out when I should expect the car. The lease company is saying around August this year; does that sound about right? 9 months wait time?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I ordered on the 9th September the r line ehybrid with the towing extras my expected date has been the end of Feb since day one!
Mine has been ordered through LEX I am hoping for that date!
I think if you were getting it at the end of February then it would be being built now - you certainly would have a confirmed build date.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
11 Posts
The lease company only give me a stock date not build or ship days? I have checked and they stated it’s still scheduled for then?
fingers crossed!!
I think if you were getting it at the end of February then it would be being built now - you certainly would have a confirmed build date.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Placed order for car in my sig end of October. Update today... currently showing an estimated build week for its production at the factory in Mexico of week 26, so the end of June, at one stage it was week 17

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts
All car manufactures are having issues with some even removing options of orders so they can be built, many are now quoting 12 to 18 months which is very disappointing.

VW are one of the manufactures where you can watch your build week, many others you can not do this and your left in the dark.

My Tiguan is up for replacing but at present I may end up keeping it for longer then I normally would, normally change my car every 3 years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All car manufactures are having issues with some even removing options of orders so they can be built, many are now quoting 12 to 18 months which is very disappointing.

VW are one of the manufactures where you can watch your build week, many others you can not do this and your left in the dark.

My Tiguan is up for replacing but at present I may end up keeping it for longer then I normally would, normally change my car every 3 years.
Where can you watch your build date? VW haven't done this for a while.

Reactions: Yo Quinny

·
Registered
Tiguan R line, 1.5 dsg, rear view cam. White.
7 Posts
Latest update…
Retailer gave update that build week has moved to the right again. Now build week 7 so only one week but that’s a total of 25 weeks so far the bud date has slipped to the right. Most likely quarter 2 at the earliest.
Tiguan R-line
1.5 DSG
White
Rear camera
Ordered 17th May 2021
Original build week 36 (Aug 21)
Current build week 07 (Feb 22) However, this is still status 10 so still not certain till status 20.

281 - 300 of 336 Posts