Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
301 - 320 of 337 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts
Where can you watch your build date? VW haven't done this for a while.
So you no longer can watch the build progress via the app?

This was available on both my previous VW Tiguan orders?

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
does any one know what staus V means in regard to your order with vw/ ? 3 months on and still no build date im now not optimistic in seeing my car in may :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my R-line 1.5 in the 1st week of September and was told at the time it will be ready for collection in March.
I haven’t heard a word from my dealer since I placed my order so I thought I would go in today to get an update.
Well my build week is 17 1st of May and that still isn’t confirmed. So I thought ok then there’s a chance I might get it in June. He said more likely July/Aug and possibly into Sept.
So if that is true so nearly a year 😔.
Just wish my dealer would have kept me update. If I didn’t go in today how long before he would have contacted me. Wait I can handle it’s just the not knowing.
My experience was similar, not a single update. If I never called them every 4-6 weeks then would have Been non the wiser. Even the manager found it amusing when I mentioned this on a follow up call. It’s like they have this “jog on son” attitude “if you don’t want, there 10 others waiting”

just a little common courtesy and manners wouldn’t be too much of an ask? Would it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello am new here; I’ve ordered a Rline 1.5 TSI in black with no extras from a lease company in July 2021.

as it’s through them I am finding it difficult to get updates. Like many I’m on my 4th build date (now week 10) but it’s not confirmed.

What I’m looking to try and find out is how close to the build date could it move to confirmed or change again? Does anyone know?
Thanks

·
Registered
Tiguan R line, 1.5 dsg, rear view cam. White.
7 Posts
From what I have been able to gather, it’s not until the order status changes to “status 20”, which is confirming the build date. Until you get this on your order it’s subject to change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am still waiting for my 2.0tsi. Ordered the beginning of May, however I have been told it’s built waiting shipping.
A quick update for other members waiting for their car delivery. Dealer just called me to say the car was with them and I am due to pick it up next week. It's taken around 36 weeks from initial order to delivery.

·
Registered
226 Posts
From what I have been able to gather, it’s not until the order status changes to “status 20”, which is confirming the build date. Until you get this on your order it’s subject to change.
But be careful because there are many reports here of customers changing their order (even very slightly) well before the freeze date - the change is accepted without issue but it gets treated as a new order and you go to the back of the queue.

Some have even reported that in doing so they have lost the original finance rate and the ’new’ order has the new (higher) interest rate.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: adamcovfan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks this is good to know, I’m not planning on changing my order so hopefully I’ll get to status 20 for this build date 🤞🏼

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry if posted in the wrong place but has anyone ordered a Tig with the space saver spare wheel and taken delivery?

If so could you reply with a picture of the boot? Currently having a to do with my dealer over delivery of the wrong spare.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don’t, actually have mine yet, but this is what I’m expecting (with the proviso that the spare will have the Harmon Kardon sub fitted in it.)

Without spare wheel (and so without variable boot floor)

With spare (with variable boot floor)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Aha, thanks for the quick response. So it appears there is practically no space saving at all vs the full size spare?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Aha, thanks for the quick response. So it appears there is practically no space saving at all vs the full size spare?
About 2” in height only.

·
Registered
20 Posts
About 2” in height only.
To be fair, that's still worth having. The issue I've got is I ordered the space saver and the full size was delivered. The dealer is suggesting there's no point correcting the issue because the space saver "doesn't save space"

You've 4Motion on yours so does that impede into the boot space at all compared to 2WD variants? If you wouldn't mind posting or DM me a pic of your boot showing the space saver and variable boot floor at lowest setting so I can show the dealer it would be useful. Sootchuckers images are from the pre facelift.

·
Registered
226 Posts
To be fair, that's still worth having. The issue I've got is I ordered the space saver and the full size was delivered. The dealer is suggesting there's no point correcting the issue because the space saver "doesn't save space"

You've 4Motion on yours so does that impede into the boot space at all compared to 2WD variants? If you wouldn't mind posting or DM me a pic of your boot showing the space saver and variable boot floor at lowest setting so I can show the dealer it would be useful. Sootchuckers images are from the pre facelift.
Personally I went for the full size spare. I did like the idea of a variable load but decided that the extra was not large enough to influence me. What had the biggest sway was when I had to drive about 150 miles on a Sunday on fast roads trying to keep under 50 mph - it was very painful - especially the grief from insensitive drivers on the motorway who presumed I was dawdling.

So I opted for the full size spare.

I guess it is a balance of a small extra capacity which you might use a lot versus the convenience of a spare wheel which you may never use.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Personally I went for the full size spare. I did like the idea of a variable load but decided that the extra was not large enough to influence me. What had the biggest sway was when I had to drive about 150 miles on a Sunday on fast roads trying to keep under 50 mph - it was very painful - especially the grief from insensitive drivers on the motorway who presumed I was dawdling.

So I opted for the full size spare.

I guess it is a balance of a small extra capacity which you might use a lot versus the convenience of a spare wheel which you may never use.

Cheers,

Nigel
For me it's that I have to carry a pram at the moment which basically takes up the whole boot!

·
Registered
340 Posts
It isn't just the size of the wheel you also need the correct foam/polystyrene that holds the wheel and jack in place and the additional fittings to enable the floor panel to be secured in either of the two positions so would be difficult/expensive to alter it. The space-saver does save space as you may have large suitcases or boxes that could prevent the hatch from closing, or of course you can choose the higher setting when you want to load items that slide in easier at bumper level - i.e. best of both worlds.

I know getting a puncture is annoying and driving is less safe when using a space-saver (speed is limited etc) but it will get you home - much more likely than that squirting gunge into the tyre. But two things, why waste a perfectly good full size tyre which may not even get used and secondly, taking a lighter space-saver out of the boot to put on the car is a lot easier than full size, especially as it may be dark and pouring with rain.

·
Registered
282 Posts

I can’t right now as I’m on holiday and (for reasons I won’t go in to) I don’t have the spare wheel in the car. I’m back next week and if no one else has obliged by then, let me know, and I’ll send you a pic.

301 - 320 of 337 Posts