Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
3741 - 3760 of 3843 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah there isn’t any logic to what they are doing? Based on Target for emissions, product shortages, etc etc etc
I wonder if the issue with Hybrids was a bit more than just the chip shortage.

They might have more complicated wiring looms which had the supply issue with Leoni in Ukraine initially.

Then there's the shortage of raw materials to make Li-Ion batteries. We buy and sell a lot of batteries for work from many manufacturers, but even the big manufacturers have only just supplied us with orders we placed 6 months ago!

My colleague recently had a tour of one of those GridServe charging forecourts, they had containers round the back which were empty, awaiting Lithium packs.
(They charge these overnight at 5p/kw, then charge Mr Tesla driver about 25p/kw during the day) ;)

Hope others waiting start to get confirmed dates soon!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine told me that and mine was 100% revalued. Also that was from March this year so if yours is from last year can’t believe the price won’t have changed
And quite probably upwards! If they are adamant that they will not revalue, I’d be on WBAC and Cazoo seeing what their figures are

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,403 Posts
I queried the price promise last March and the sales manager assured me in writing they intended to honour the deal That’s all good thanks. They had no knowledge of VW reneging on the Patrice agreed at the time of order. This email is dated 22/03/22:

Good Afternoon Mr ***,

Great to meet you yesterday. I hope I put your mind at rest with regards to the Deal.
As explained I can't confirm the exact delivery date for when your order will arrive. What I can confirm is the deal we did will stand.
I don't know of any price protection removal, from the brand, just that lead times are moving continually.

As discussed, we of course do not want to lose you as a customer but should you wish to change your mind and opt for a different Brand we will of course refund any deposit in full.

Thank you for your continued patience, we will keep you informed as things move along, Kind regards, Justin.

Justin Daines
New Car Sales Manager
Beadles Volkswagen Romford
Beadles Romford, never bought a car from them but get my servicing done there.

·
Registered
2018 Silver R-Line 2.0TDI 190. Leather, Heated screen, phone charger, side scan.
84 Posts
Beadles Romford, never bought a car from them but get my servicing done there.
I can’t complain about their service dept.

Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dealer has told me x amount of equity is guaranteed in my PX. I’ll see how it goes if I ever see my Tiguan and if I’m not happy I’ll take my car elsewhere. That seems about as good as you can get in the circs.
that’s exactly what I was told.
They offered me £29k for my Tig R-Line Tech which is a 20 plate at the time of order 12 months ago - which was just shy of the WBAC value at the time. Iv just checked WBAC and they would give £26k now…. Iv probably made £3k in payments so it still looks much of a muchness.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The dealership i've been dealing with have assured me of price protection on my current order and mentioned there's been 4x price rises since I ordered in November 2021. No PX to worry about as it's a company vehicle.

Zero fleet discounts available across the Tiguan range currently apart from "life" models..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got an email back from Stable Leasing after asking for my monthly update. Not good news. So at the start of July I was told it was on track for a Setpember 22 delivery. Now being told today that the date has pushed out to week 2 of 2023!
I've attached the screenshot they sent me with email this time. Getting beyond a joke now, think it may be time to look elsewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got an email back from Stable Leasing after asking for my monthly update. Not good news. So at the start of July I was told it was on track for a Setpember 22 delivery. Now being told today that the date has pushed out to week 2 of 2023!
I've attached the screenshot they sent me with email this time. Getting beyond a joke now, think it may be time to look elsewhere.
When was the order originally placed?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My order is very similar to yours and only put in 5 days before you.

I might block my Dealers emails for a couple of months. Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Shite system looks like it belongs with windows nt or window 95

·
Registered
6 Posts
4th November 2021, and was told it would be a March, April 22 delivery at latest to tie in with end of my other lease.
At least you have been allocated a date/build!

Mine was ordered in 13 months ago now and I STILL don't have either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just been back onto them this afternoon and I'm waiting on quotes for going back to the Audi A4 Avant, there are some decent deals with the Audi Loyalty (if you've had a previous car within last 12 months) and delivery says 16 weeks. Be a case of seeing which comes first.

·
Registered
277 Posts
4th November 2021, and was told it would be a March, April 22 delivery at latest to tie in with end of my other lease.
I ordered in November and was told August at the earliest and most likely later. Your dealer was bullshitting in the first place.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I can’t complain about their service dept.
Except now they're hounding me to get a service on a Car I no longer have and won't stop emailing calling and now a letter telling me I need to get the car serviced.
One of the emails even used the VIN of my new car (6 weeks old) which now has the same private plate as the lease that has just gone back, saying a service is due......
:poop:

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Except now they're hounding me to get a service on a Car I no longer have and won't stop emailing calling and now a letter telling me I need to get the car serviced.
One of the emails even used the VIN of my new car (6 weeks old) which now has the same private plate as the lease that has just gone back, saying a service is due......
Well for secound hand buyers that’s actually great news that dealerships are so hot on servicing 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Always two sides ay?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks when putting on a private plate. When getting insurance they don't always recognise the reg number or when using an online parts service I had to put in the original reg before they knew what the vehicle was.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks when putting on a private plate. When getting insurance they don't always recognise the reg number or when using an online parts service I had to put in the original reg before they knew what the vehicle was.
When BCA came to pick up the lease car I was at pains to point out that the number plate was on the NEW car o_O
He'd already worked it out though (of course)

• Haha
Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
2018 Silver R-Line 2.0TDI 190. Leather, Heated screen, phone charger, side scan.
84 Posts
Until recently at least they were very good. A chap called Wayne was really on the ball always called me by my name and just knew what I needed done. He’s recently retired unfortunately so that may not bode well for the future.

VW Computers appear to be a bit one dimensional. They recognise the VRM but not the vehicle generally. I’ve lost a service record from 2019. According to the computer my car wasn’t serviced but I have a previous service print out showing the date mileage and service carried out 4th July that year + the printed invoice. Their answer was ‘at least you’ve got a print out’.

I’ve had 5 services including timing belt change that went smoothly at least.

You should be ok there from my experience.
Just don’t order a Tiguan from them and expect any contact during the long wait. ☹

Reactions: mrew42
3741 - 3760 of 3843 Posts