Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
3761 - 3780 of 3843 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered 9th August 2021: Tiguan R-line 1.5 TSI w/ keyless and electric tailgate
46 Posts
So here we are in another month. I’m 4 days away from my 1 year anniversary and still don’t have a confirmed build week. No monthly update from Autoebid. VW twitter useless at providing an update and also no response so far from my watchdog complaint. Plus my 2003 golf goes in for its MOT on Monday. No doubt be spending more than I wanted to keep it going for another year :cry:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Well my wife hates this car of ours 😂 averaging 27mpg!! Awful economy, I thought it’d be 32 ish round town!
Anyone want an R line ?

• Wow
Reactions: darroch

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well my wife hates this car of ours 😂 averaging 27mpg!! Awful economy, I thought it’d be 32 ish round town!
Anyone want an R line ?
You could probably sell it for more than you paid for it but not now you've been so critical. 27mpg and that is with 150PS? Not good. My old diesel 140PS Passat can do 60mpg and over 800 miles per tankful although not around town!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You could probably sell it for more than you paid for it but not now you've been so critical. 27mpg and that is with 150PS? Not good. My old diesel 140PS Passat can do 60mpg and over 800 miles per tankful although not around town!
The economy is so bad, excuse hand prints and for some reason they come out sideways

Product Font Material property Publication Electric blue

Font Material property Publication Electric blue Plant

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
When things bed down a bit the mpg may improve.

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not that great MPG, check

Boot space that is quite frankly terrible looking / cost cutting without the spare or HK sound system, check.

Please add a few more to the list, just got a decent pay increase and already thinking of reasons to not to wait it out until potentially March. 🤣

·
Registered
538 Posts
My driving is a mix of town and country roads with a (very) occasional motorway trip. So far my worst mpg for a tank full has been 31.7 and the best 39.2. Overall average (over 8831 miles) is 35.33 mpg. That for a 2.0 TSI 190PS. I think you must be doing much more urban driving than me. I do notice the average drops at an alarming rate when pootling around town.

·
Registered
282 Posts
To be fair, for the journey that netted you 27mpg, your average speed was only 15mph over 3:39 hours for travelling only 56 miles, so I guess all that time the car was crawling in traffic ? Think almost any ICE car with that sort our journey wouldn't average much over 30 ?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Boot space that is quite frankly terrible looking / cost cutting without the spare or HK sound system, check.
That's why for a couple of hundred quid or so I spec'd the space-saver. I can choose either of the two boot heights, level with the bumper or just about an inch or two lower for added depth with a solid boot floor that I can slide lower or simply lift up which secures into position with the clips either side. Alternatively, should I need considerably extra luggage space, I could take the lot out (presumably as I haven't tried it yet) but then I'd need to put something on the floor to protect the floor itself. Or, of course, slide forward or lower the rear seats.

Still early days so can't say for sure about fuel consumption, but being petrol it won't even come close to my old diesel.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
To be fair, for the journey that netted you 27mpg, your average speed was only 15mph over 3:39 hours for travelling only 56 miles, so I guess all that time the car was crawling in traffic ? Think almost any ICE car with that sort our journey wouldn't average much over 30 ?
To be fair it wasn’t in traffic, it was a drive to a couple of towns with stops in shops. But it was all urban, roundabouts and traffic lights etc.

Our diesel SEL was way better which I know it was diesel so would be but the petrol is gonna be a nightmare at 27mpg

we’ve just brimmed the tank so will see how a tankful works out. Not holding out much hope tbh

Really disappointed in it and I did say to the wife we should have gone sportage hybrid and had to dodge a saucepan 😂

Seriously though really really love the look of the vehicle but not hugely impressed with it in other areas. Maybe because I had one before and this is cheaper in every way. Don’t get me started on the boot carpet 😂

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yes, take readings from several tank fulls and you should get a more accurate reading. That is the way I've recorded my mpg for many years with different cars. Sad to say I've got all the data recorded on a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet.....

(For those that might not know Lotus 1-2-3 pre-dates Excel).

• Haha
Reactions: ThePhatGit

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,403 Posts
Yes, take readings from several tank fulls and you should get a more accurate reading. That is the way I've recorded my mpg for many years with different cars. Sad to say I've got all the data recorded on a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet.....

(For those that might not know Lotus 1-2-3 pre-dates Excel).
Lotus 123 FTW!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Lotus 123 FTW!!!
Yes, and I still use Lotus 1-2-3 on my Windows 7 laptop! I do have Excel 2010 as well but Lotus loads a darn sight faster than the Excel spreadsheets.

I've even got Lotus 1-2-3 installed on my new Windows 10 laptop.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Don't know, was in Kia at the weekend planning the replacement EV. That's a shock in itself, there was meant to be nearly two years between the Tiguan and replacing the Leaf - they could well end up in the same year.

Anyway, looking at the e-Niro and the EV6 but whilst I was there had another look at the Sportage. I can't quite put my finger on it but there is still something about it that I don't like - just doesn't quite gel with me.

Also just washed the BMW 320D M-Sport - looks fantastic in the sunshine. Does 49 mpg on average, maybe 60 mpg on gentle long runs. Does 0-60 in 7 secs. Only 20k on the clock so barely run in. All paid for.

Sometimes I wonder whether I should just keep it.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with rear camera, park assist & fully debadged
2,602 Posts
The economy is so bad, excuse hand prints and for some reason they come out sideways

View attachment 9500

View attachment 9501
Your average speed says it all - perhaps a petrol Tiguan was not the best choice of vehicle given your driving circumstances, I would have gone PHEV or fully electric for that type of driving. Good luck trying to keep the wife happy!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Your average speed says it all - perhaps a petrol Tiguan was not the best choice of vehicle given your driving circumstances, I would have gone PHEV or fully electric for that type of driving. Good luck trying to keep the wife happy!
Thing is this is weekday commuting for the wife for short trips. Weekends it’s a mix for us as we tend to head off out somewhere or other.

Going to try it in eco and see if it makes any difference.

A pure EV would be perfect for her commute but we can’t afford two cars and commute to Norfolk a lot and the range wouldn’t work for us as a sole car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anyone want an R line ?
My wifes R has averaged 28.4mpg over the 1st 1960 miles with an average 25mph which compared to yours is excellent.
We do a lot of short journeys and town driving which normally average 26 to 28mpg and towards mid 30s on A roads.
Sell your R line and I'll sell you her R,she would go back to BMW in an instant.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If only I could afford an R!! I think this is the downside to the 1.5 engine. Had a look under the plastic flimsy engine cover earlier , turbo is tiny 😂

3761 - 3780 of 3843 Posts