Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just had notification, from my dealer, that my Tiguan has now left the factory.
Great news, thanks for sharing. Ordered a few days before you so here’s hoping.

But, before I get my hopes up did you add any options when you ordered?

TVM

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great news, thanks for sharing. Ordered a few days before you so here’s hoping.

But, before I get my hopes up did you add any options when you ordered?

TVM
Its standard, except from adding voice control a few weeks after placing the order

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered 30th April with estimated delivery of 31st August, no news of when it will be delivered.
Tiguan R-Line 2.0TSI 245PS DSG - Pure White, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Discover Pro, Vienna Leather, Heated Windscreen, Winter Package Inc Heated Rear seats, TPM, Space saver Wheel, Harmon Kardon, , Electric tailgate, Area View, Wireless Charging, Dash Cam F/R, Sill trim B/S, Boot Liner, F Mud Flaps, Safety Kit, Autoglym.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Ordered 30th April with estimated delivery of 31st August, no news of when it will be delivered.
Tiguan R-Line 2.0TSI 245PS DSG - Pure White, Pano roof, IQ Lights, Discover Pro, Vienna Leather, Heated Windscreen, Winter Package Inc Heated Rear seats, TPM, Space saver Wheel, Harmon Kardon, , Electric tailgate, Area View, Wireless Charging, Dash Cam F/R, Sill trim B/S, Boot Liner, F Mud Flaps, Safety Kit, Autoglym.
Did you contact your dealer since 30th April?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If as suggested earlier that the more profitable builds were going through, you would have thought this one should have been delivered pronto.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Αs i have ordered the same car and engine/spec as you, but not with so many extras, i can tell you i ordered 27th of August, and the dealer 2 month later, told me that i had a provisional build week 9th/2022. Your dealer should have informed you at least of a provisional build week, so you could have approximatively an idea on when your car is going into production. Since i ordered exactly 4 months later than you, i suppose your car should be built around November or early December.

·
Registered
65 Posts
All seems to be vey random.
Ordered my R-Line 190 in April, but still only have a provisional build in three weeks time. I have a few extra chips for TPMS and rear view camera, but otherwise a similar spec to the poster above, who’s order seems to be running about 6 to 8 weeks quicker than mine.
Most frustrating aspect is that I’ll now be after 1 December, so facing a second price increase that will push me in to the higher VED band by around £400. I’d deliberately kept it under, and if I’d known, probably would have added more extras!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Members,
Well and wish you the same.

I have ordered Tiguan Allspace on 30th September. Hoping to get it before end of march. Reading the comments from people I would consider lucky if I get it before May.

VW no longer allow to track order? I can't seem to find the link. The latest ask customer to go to the dealer?

Long waiting game starts.
I have an update that the provisional unconfirmed build week of 50 in 2021.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Some interesting posts above about WeBuyAnyCar, Motorway and Cazoo. My recent experience might add something:

Three situations; my daughters ten year old polo has just failed MOT on corroded sills, which has put me into a corrosion warranty claim with VW. The vehicle examiner told me the last time he saw 'sills like that', VW bought the car back. This prompted me to sort out what I think the value is. Motorway were best with £3059 followed by WBAC at £2890 and Cazoo were bottom at £2625.

Situation 2; my son sold his BMW M4 to WBAC about 5 weeks ago (he didn't try anywhere else) They'd offered him £19100 and I was pretty convinced they would bump him when he got to the inspection. But I was amazed (and I mean get up off the floor AMAZED) when he walked over, got in the car and the deal was done for £19700 - yes, they paid him £600 more than the online offer!!! (I don't normally over use exclamation marks but this is a full three mark situation) On the way home he checked his account and the money was in - literally ten minutes later.

Sit number 3; I drove a hybrid Elegance today. Checking PX values on my 4 year old SEL (immaculate, 55,000 miles) Motorway were top with £18900 followed by Cazoo at £18025 and WBAC at £18000. The dealer offered me £18100 but that is fixed until exchange - which is anticipated (by them, not me) in 26 weeks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also try Arnold Clark. They gave way more than any of the ones mentioned also use code ad500 on for an extra 500 pounds.

Reactions: Yo Quinny

·
Registered
22 Posts
wll frustratingly 5 weeeks since the order was accepted by the factory still no build date .... im still keeping my fingers crossed for a may delivery ..not that any one will care as its not an R line lol :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
wll frustratingly 5 weeeks since the order was accepted by the factory still no build date .... im still keeping my fingers crossed for a may delivery ..not that any one will care as its not an R line lol :)
It's 11 weeks since my order and there has been no mention of a build week, not even an unconfirmed one. Best I have had is a vague statement saying that my order is at Status=10 (whatever that means) and that it should go into production sometime in February.

I have paid off the balloon on my current car and I have got the dealer to guarantee a trade-in price so I'm not too bothered now - it will turn up when it turns up. The only thing I need to keep a careful eye on is the the price increases to make sure my order doesn't become a 'luxury car'.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: dannymidd1

·
Registered
134 Posts
Deleted double post

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's 11 weeks since my order and there has been no mention of a build week, not even an unconfirmed one. Best I have had is a vague statement saying that my order is at Status=10 (whatever that means) and that it should go into production sometime in February.

I have paid off the balloon on my current car and I have got the dealer to guarantee a trade-in price so I'm not too bothered now - it will turn up when it turns up. The only thing I need to keep a careful eye on is the the price increases to make sure my order doesn't become a 'luxury car'.

Cheers,

Nigel
i dont feel as bad now hearing that after 11 weeks , you have heard nothing thats shocking ,i suppose as they say no news is good news , but some news would be even better :) im still hoping the car comes in may as that will be round about the 7 month time scale , but might have to look at a 2nd hand one as plan B if ive still not heard any thing in january

101 - 120 of 159 Posts