Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
i dont feel as bad now hearing that after 11 weeks , you have heard nothing thats shocking ,i suppose as they say no news is good news , but some news would be even better :) im still hoping the car comes in may as that will be round about the 7 month time scale , but might have to look at a 2nd hand one as plan B if ive still not heard any thing in january
Ordered my car 31st March, Had email from Dealer this morning say car is built and on its way , think looking at 5 weeks or more to delivery I believe, with car market now could make a great profit 🤔🤔 😂 it’s only a car 😂

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ordered my car 31st March, Had email from Dealer this morning say car is built and on its way , think looking at 5 weeks or more to delivery I believe, with car market now could make a great profit 🤔🤔 😂 it’s only a car 😂
Mine took less than two weeks to arrive after leaving the factory. Much depends on availability of ship and transporters but fingers crossed, you might see it sooner than 5 weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the extra £500 for a sale to them only. I sold them a BiTDi 69 plate with 5k on the clock, so it was a good buy for them, ( in my opinion only). Only sold to them because it was better than my trade in offer, but would certainly recommend giving them a try, money in the bank within 3 days no hassle or trying to knock the price down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can go onto the Arnold Clark website and get a valuation for your car,they give the trade value and for both cars I have had valued by them this year they have been over 4 figures less than WBAC and Cazoo.
They are well known for buying low and selling high.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Update

Tiguan Active 150PS DSG, Nightshade Blue, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 5th June
Original Build Week: 29 (19th July)
Confirmed Build Week: 36 (6th September)
Departed Factory: 19th November!

Woohoo. I might actually see the car this year. Dealer says 3-4 weeks to delivery.
If it's near the end of December best wait for January as then it will be registered as 2022 and not 2021 which makes it more desirable come sale time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is that limited to private sale or just in general? I wouldn't think the likes of WBAC/Motorway or the dealership would be fussed.
Think A1VWD means when harty236 comes to sell it.

It’s a psychological thing - a Dec 2021 car is a year older than a Jan 2022 - it isn’t of course but that is how some people’s minds work.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
257 Posts
Think A1VWD means when harty236 comes to sell it.

It’s a psychological thing - a Dec 2021 car is a year older than a Jan 2022 - it isn’t of course but that is how some people’s minds work.

Cheers,

Nigel
That is correct. It does depend on how long you've had the car and who you sell it to but some accept the registration letter but others go by the year and a 2022 reg would then be worth a bit more than 2021 irrespective of the month.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like good advice. To be honest I'm trying to get the car asap. The whole reason for buying this car is to accommodate the other "delivery" that's due in 4 weeks. Also, the dealer may register the car once it arrives, so even if I pick it up in January I suspect the V5C will record 2021.

For all I know it's going to sit at Emden for the next 5 years anyway 😅

·
Registered
257 Posts
Similarly with mine. If the dealer says the car is ready in February I will ask for it to be registered 1st March to get a 22 reg. However, first I was told January delivery and now it seems it won't even get built until March anyway.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sounds like good advice. To be honest I'm trying to get the car asap. The whole reason for buying this car is to accommodate the other "delivery" that's due in 4 weeks. Also, the dealer may register the car once it arrives, so even if I pick it up in January I suspect the V5C will record 2021.

For all I know it's going to sit at Emden for the next 5 years anyway 😅
Baby seat all ready then!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My order has arrived!!
Ordered a R-Line 1.5(?) in dolphin grey for my wife on 31st Mar… factory updates came in July & August followed by emails about delays. 2 Fridays ago I got notification that it had left the factory, then this morning I got a link to a video showing me the vehicle sat at the dealers waiting for inspection and valeting, I can’t believe it’s finally here!

·
Registered
133 Posts
My order has arrived!!
Ordered a R-Line 1.5(?) in dolphin grey for my wife on 31st Mar… factory updates came in July & August followed by emails about delays. 2 Fridays ago I got notification that it had left the factory, then this morning I got a link to a video showing me the vehicle sat at the dealers waiting for inspection and valeting, I can’t believe it’s finally here!
which Trim did you go for. Great to see some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My order has arrived!!
Ordered my 1.5 R.Line March 31st had email last week saying on its way , looks like cars are finally coming through 👍👍👍

121 - 140 of 159 Posts