Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My order has arrived!!
Ordered a R-Line 1.5(?) in dolphin grey for my wife on 31st Mar… factory updates came in July & August followed by emails about delays. 2 Fridays ago I got notification that it had left the factory and this morning I got a link to a video showing me the car sat at the dealers waiting for inspection and valeting, I can’t believe it’s finally here!
which Trim did you go for. Great to see some pics when you get a chance.
I think I added keyless entry, boot closing, and reverse camera as a way to make up for her losing the 360 camera on her old car and features on my car she likes. If I’d have know how much equity I’d get in her old car due to the chip shortage I’d have spent some on adding leather etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
which Trim did you go for. Great to see some pics when you get a chance.
I’ve been sent a video of it post-valet from the dealers, but I’ll try to get some pics in the daylight when I get it. I love my GLC AMG LINE premium+ but the Tiguan is an absolute stunner, and my wife’s going to find my car left on the drive for her more than she realised!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Can’t believe you guys waited 8 month - that is unbearable.

Do we predict those who ordered in August / September to expect the same length or will this reduce to 6 months?
I placed my order at the beginning of August and the last 'unconfirmed' build date was put back from November to March 2022 - so who knows when I'll get it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can’t believe you guys waited 8 month - that is unbearable.

Do we predict those who ordered in August / September to expect the same length or will this reduce to 6 months?
I ordered on 30 Aug 2021. I’ve been given an unconfirmed build week 9 which is the first week of March. If that does not slip then I would expect an April delivery - so that is still 8 months.

And I imagine that VW will slide in another price hike between Dec and April which may tip me over the £40k luxury tax threshold (or, fingers crossed, miss it by the skin of my teeth).

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered on 22nd April 2021. Told build week 26, should have arrived end of July. Build week came and went and only told the car is likely built but awaiting chips/parts.

• Tiguan R Line, 1.5, 150ps, DSG, petrol (pure white)
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • IQ Lights
  • Space/weight saving spare wheel
  • Rear view camera
  • Electric tailgate

·
Registered
37 Posts
We ordered on 22nd April 2021. Told build week 26, should have arrived end of July. Build week came and went and only told the car is likely built but awaiting chips/parts.

• Tiguan R Line, 1.5, 150ps, DSG, petrol (pure white)
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • IQ Lights
  • Space/weight saving spare wheel
  • Rear view camera
  • Electric tailgate
Pretty much exactly the same car and dates as us. And the same story so far. Spoke to the dealer yesterday and they’re now seeing pre-Christmas is looking unlikely. The factory shuts down from 17th December apparently. 🤬

·
Registered
134 Posts
The factory shuts down from 17th December apparently. 🤬
I wouldn't deny anyone a Christmas break but what always gets my goat is when companies say "we are doing everything possible" when what they actually mean is "we are doing everything that we are prepared to do".

Very rarely, if not ever, do companies do everything possible.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
19 Posts
As it stands I wouldn't be too concerned about the VW factory closing for Christmas,if the electronics companies remain open and operational during the VW closure then VW may be able to produce a decent amount of vehicles once they resume operations.

Come the end of January VW will likely have used all the chips they have accumulated and be in the same position as they would be with or without the festive closure.

Had chips become plentiful and production was currently at full capacity then closing the factory would hurt more for all of us waiting for cars but since this is not the case the closure will have little effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty much exactly the same car and dates as us. And the same story so far. Spoke to the dealer yesterday and they’re now seeing pre-Christmas is looking unlikely. The factory shuts down from 17th December apparently. 🤬
Spoke to dealer today and our car is now showing status “38” left the factory and released for shipping. Been told hopefully it will be here in 2 weeks 🤞🏻🤞🏻😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I ordered mine on the 29th April and just had word today 30th September it’s in the UK and collecting next Saturday 11th December so just over 7 months wait!
Tiguan 2.0 R-line auto 4’motion reflex silver
Area view cameras
Electric boot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tiguan R ordered 3 June 2021. Lapiz blue, panoramic sunroof, area view cameras, HK, winter pack and inductive phone charging. No build date
Update:
15 November - After no updates on build dates etc, the Dealer called 'out of the blue' telling me it had been built and was on its way to the UK estimated arrival 'early December'
26 November - 'we hope it will arrive today
26 November - 'it has arrived'
30 November collected the car 180 days after ordering - and it's gorgeous!

Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,
I ordered mine on the 29th April and just had word today 30th September it’s in the UK and collecting next Saturday 11th December so just over 7 months wait!
Tiguan 2.0 R-line auto 4’motion reflex silver
Area view cameras
Electric boot
Interesting. I ordered at the same time, same model but a few different extras. Last update form the stealer was build next week, May have to chase later

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting. I ordered at the same time, same model but a few different extras. Last update form the stealer was build next week, May have to chase later
Apparently mine has been at the factory for the last 6 weeks at stage 20 which I believe is built and awaiting parts! And up until yesterday it was the same then out of the blue a call saying it’s in the UK!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tiguan R ordered 3 Jun 21. See below for extras.
No updates available from the Dealer for months and a letter from VW UK telling me they couldn't give a delivery date due to 'supply chain issues'.
15 Nov Dealer called 'we think it has been built and will arrive with us in mid-Dec'
26 Nov 'we think it will arrive today' followed by another call late afternoon confirming it had arrived
29 Nov paperwork completed including my request to review the part-exchange value due to rising used car prices. Dealer offered £700 more on a 2019 R-Line 150 TDI which was within £200 of WBAC offer
30 Nov collected the car exactly 180 days after ordering it - and very happy with it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered RLine 24apr, just had call from dealer who to be honest have done their best to keep me updated (unlike vw) now built and on its way, they don't think it will arrive before Christmas which after the wait another few weeks I can live with. Hopefully more folks will start to hear similar good news.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had an update from my dealer today. He’s said that my build week has been brought forward 7 weeks to week 2. I’ll take this with a pinch of salt just now as originally we should have had the car by now (week 42) then it moved to week 48, 7, 9 and now 2.
🤞🏻 This build week stays.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ordered RLine 24apr, just had call from dealer who to be honest have done their best to keep me updated (unlike vw) now built and on its way, they don't think it will arrive before Christmas which after the wait another few weeks I can live with. Hopefully more folks will start to hear similar good news.
Looks like the 2l petrol R Line are moving, so giving me some hope. I’m sure that will be dashed once I manage to get hold of the dealer!!

141 - 159 of 159 Posts