Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Oryx White R Line TSI 180

13K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  telcom 
#1 ·
Picked up yesterday but I didn't have time to upload a photo. If anyone would like a particular shot of the car they haven't seen just let me know.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That R-line looks a 'Beast' :twisted: in Oryx White Terry.... :) Wow great pic

#5 ·
I bet it's an enjoyable drive on that road in the background there......can't wait to get mine next month (hopefully)..

I'd find it interesting to see an oryx white and pure white side by side to compare the two colours. I've not seen oryx in the flesh yet looks classy in your picture..

#6 ·
Ahhh the metallic flake make me wish I went for oryx, just couldn't justify the premium over the flat pure white :(

Nice to see someone else has gone for the petrol, how are you finding it? Apparently they act well to a remap if you find it a bit sluggish?

#7 ·
Tig16 said:
I bet it's an enjoyable drive on that road in the background there......can't wait to get mine next month (hopefully)..

I'd find it interesting to see an oryx white and pure white side by side to compare the two colours. I've not seen oryx in the flesh yet looks classy in your picture..
Very enjoyable drive indeed, The picture was taken on the Macclesfield to Buxton road just near the famous Cat & Fiddle pub.

#8 ·
Spikeysam said:
Ahhh the metallic flake make me wish I went for oryx, just couldn't justify the premium over the flat pure white :(

Nice to see someone else has gone for the petrol, how are you finding it? Apparently they act well to a remap if you find it a bit sluggish?
I have come from a TSI 210BHP Scirocco so I was bit concerned, but I can honestly say I am happy with it.

#11 ·
Spikeysam said:

After coming from a golf r it was bound to feel a little sluggish and could do with a remap but due to warranty that will have to wait !.
Golf was a 2.0 tfsi and this is a tsi , just wondering what's the difference .
Also anyone with the dsg finding the gearbox a bit reluctant to change down ,maybe due to newness or just having 7 gears instead of 6 now .

#12 ·
Telecom got the same yesterday in black very quite and smooth so like wise happy so far not as hard as the reports were saying I thought, but that coming from a Abarth. Looks tidy geezer

#14 ·
Looks beautiful. Can't wait for mine...how are you finding the petrol? Only thing I was concerned about was the pulling away from a stop with the DSG...what is your experience with that...you've got the DSG right?

#15 ·
JonP said:
Looks beautiful. Can't wait for mine...how are you finding the petrol? Only thing I was concerned about was the pulling away from a stop with the DSG...what is your experience with that...you've got the DSG right?
Thanks JonP, Yes it is a DSG and it is fine pulling away but youmay need to turn off STOP/START. I have come from a Scirocco 200BHP TSI but obviously not as quick off the mark as that. I also have a VW T5.1 Transporter TDI DSG 180BHP and that is hesitant when pulling away.

#17 ·
Hey Telcom, how do you like the Oryx white? I have also ordered this color but was wondering if you can see a difference compared to the "pure white". I guess it is depending on the lighting condition right?

#18 ·
DonTim said:
Hey Telcom, how do you like the Oryx white? I have also ordered this color but was wondering if you can see a difference compared to the "pure white". I guess it is depending on the lighting condition right?
Yes you are correct, it all depends in the light. the colour is very different from the solid white in certain lighting. I think VW used the Oryx White in most of the advertisements and when I saw it I thought " I want that one"

#21 ·
telcom said:
Thanks FTT, Any pics of yours?
Pics will be coming soon nothing but rai here so car looking a bit grim :lol:
On the subject of my other post wind deflectors, I ended up with all four windows done for the price of the rears, :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.