Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am pretty much ready to place an order for the SEL with 150 tdi 4 motion, black, tailgate, sound system, park assist and tow bar.

The only thing I am debating is whether to go for the outdoor pack and possibly even the 190 engine.

I do live on a farm and also work in an office so looking for best of both really as I have an A3 but winters are terrible for it. Is the outdoor pack worth it? I borrowed a SEL without it and took it up the fields and down a steep hill, which was fine. I doubt I will be doing major offroading as I have a land rover as well.
Also is there any difference between the 150 and 190 engine apart from HP? Guessing they are the same but the 150 I drove seemed pretty pokey with the DSG box compared to a manual. Is fuel economy much worse on 190? Official figures don't look like there is much difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think if you found the standard bumpers find then the outdoor pack may give you more clearance for going up and down hills but at the expense that they just don't look as good!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi RH85. I notice you have gone for a towbar, if this is for towing a caravan to seriously need to consider the weight/size of the van. It goes without saying the 190 will tow better that the 150.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am delighted with the outdoor pack on my SEL 190 TDI. In my view it looks far better but it also does make a lot of sense if you are on a farm. I got through wet muddy and rutted fields this autumn which defeated lots of other 4X4s plus there is more protection too. I would also go for the 190 TDI. I have driven both and there is no comparison in terms of power the 190 TDI feels much more powerful. As far a mpg I have no long term experience of the 150 TDI but from reports on this forum I seem to get as good or better than 150s with around 40-43 on short journeys and 45-49 on long motorway trips which is far better than my previous Audi A4 Allroad with a similar sized engine. Mind you I have done over 12,000 miles so well run in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

The only thing I am not sure about with regards to 190 is the big price jump from the 150. Compared to some of the Audis it seems a lot. I think I would like the 190 so I will see what price the dealer can do it for. It doesn't look like much difference in mpg then.

salmonfisher is the rear bumper different on your compared to standard trim? Most pictures look the same. Also the chrome sills are they black with a stripe like the add on extra or fully chrome?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am on holiday without car this week but I am sure rear bumper is the same it is just front one. not sure about sills without checking but I think they are all chrome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts